WVU article on Harley: so perfect you'd think it was satire

The typical response of a program that rarely ever competes for, let alone signs, highly rated recruits.

Advertisement
Call me crazy but I don't think he has handled it that badly. The only thing he did "wrong" in my view was shutting his recruiting down when he really wasn't shutting it down.

Harley has handled his recruitment like a joke but there is something to be said about how it's been managed on the parental side of it. I don't know him and the man could be a great father on many levels but that his father was on Twitter last week tweeting at Sam Bruce to join them at WVU shows me the role model Harley has was not so great in this area.

image.jpg

Advertisement
WVU is funny. They lost what amounts to their own crown jewel of the class and is talking about bringing in guys who are high in character. You need studs to win in college football. Spin it however you want.

Call me crazy but I don't think he has handled it that badly. The only thing he did "wrong" in my view was shutting his recruiting down when he really wasn't shutting it down.
I agree...he didnt commit to 3 different schools and name 5 different leaders or anything like that..and its already come out that the whole "shutting recruitment down" thing was a smoke screen. Fools just mad cuz he didnt commit to Miami right away. Kid went thru the process like he deserved to he earned it

Harley has handled his recruitment like a joke but there is something to be said about how it's been managed on the parental side of it. I don't know him and the man could be a great father on many levels but that his father was on Twitter last week tweeting at Sam Bruce to join them at WVU shows me the role model Harley has was not so great in this area.

My honest opinion I think west Virginia got punked by MH and family

:q3XKXeX:

was that before or after he said he "always wanted to be a Gator"?

If the old STA coach were around, I think Harley never commits to WVU, and none of this nonsense happens. Harley's a talent, definitely worth the drama (will be much more productive in the Berrios role, IMO). But recruiting has become a circus show and the clowning around just makes it worse. Better to be like Devonta Smith and stay quiet.

We are very far away from the days of local coaches like Smith and Frazier.

Advertisement
Same sentiments that have been stated on this board. Having said that, welcome to the family!

If he signs great.. if not that fine to.. not losing hair for a 5'8 WR just because he is fast.. talented but super indecisive guys usually don't pan out (ie: Sam Bruce etc).. He is someone who if he not a starter in 2 years he will transfer. ain't stressin'
Good player but has some growing up to do. This staff can get him right if he's one that wants to be humble and learn. If not then he won't be here

"After having a conversation with God"

****.. paster Richt.. tryna close on Harley via God. savage.

but I ain't holding my breath.. Harley the type of guy to seem all Miami then commit to UCLA after the visit.

Advertisement
[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION]... Why are you mass downvoting posters yet again? You even downvoted someone for saying "great article dude!" Was that comment really that offensive to you?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't know or care if they pulled his offer or not, but I don't really have a problem with the article. The dude and his old man have been playing the troll game and frankly it may not be over yet. I think the article tone may be surprising to us because a Miami based article wouldn't be about the kid trolling and how pulling an offer may be the best move, it would be about the coaches ******** the pooch, messing up the recruiting because they didn't offer the recruit when he was a sperm. Crazy concept that the spin be in the favor of the team/school.

[MENTION=1148]pook187[/MENTION]... Why are you mass downvoting posters yet again? You even downvoted someone for saying "great article dude!" Was that comment really that offensive to you?

What is Pook's story, seems like a really negative type dude.

They have handled this thing terribly. Hopefully if the kid does sign with us, he ends up producing because normally when someone handles this process like this...........................

Advertisement
Back