WR's

Advertisement
Because Berrios fought for every ball and you knew he was going to make the play if a play was to be made. Neither Pope or Harley inspire that kind of confidence
I'm as big a Berrios fan as you'll find but this is revisionist history. Everyone remembers his senior year and conveniently forgets that he was a **** near invisible his junior year.

1 catch 5 yards against FAMU
1 catch 13 yards App St
1 catch 22 yards GT
1 catch 6 yards FSU
2 catches 25 yards and a TD VT
1 catch 5 yards Pitt
1 catch 38 yards Duke
4 catches 64 yards and a TD WVU

Now tell me again how you knew Brax was a playmaker in 2016...and yet Pope, who in his sophomore year was just as productive as Brax in his junior year is a bust. Bottom line, the facts simply don't support your argument.

I'm not sure there is a "go to" WR in this offense.

Has one WR ever caught a **** ton of balls in his offense? (genuinely wondering)
James Proche led the country in receptions in 2019. Actually, technically he was tied with Justin Jefferson but Jefferson played two additional games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The WRs do not even have to catch the ball to be successful.

Remember Wiggins his Frosh year kept on running past defenders and they kept on grabbing him for penalties.

I can see something like that happening again this year. Their DBs have been very undisciplined for a handful of years now.
That will open things up in the intermediate and short passing game , TEs over the middle and RB swing passes.

I cannot wait to see how King picks them apart.

I'd like the freshmen to keep getting more snaps and I think Jeremiah Payton will start to take off. With that said I'd prefer Few to start eating into Harley and Pope's snaps until he actually proves he can't handle it. People are quick to forget the top competition he dominated against in high school and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about him on Greentree the last few years. This same fanbase likely would've vilified Hunter Renfrow if he played here, Harley and Pope continue to ***** up, Few getting minutes isn't the problem

I'd like the freshmen to keep getting more snaps and I think Jeremiah Payton will start to take off. With that said I'd prefer Few to start eating into Harley and Pope's snaps until he actually proves he can't handle it. People are quick to forget the top competition he dominated against in high school and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about him on Greentree the last few years. This same fanbase likely would've vilified Hunter Renfrow if he played here, Harley and Pope continue to ***** up, Few getting minutes isn't the problem

CIS is obsessive compulsive over stars.

Advertisement
Coming from you, @apfenny3, I'm interested to see. (y)

Coming from you, @apfenny3, I'm interested to see. (y)
To me once you step on campus your "star" rating is irrelevant. I played with high 4 star and All-American guys that absolutely sucked at football but had height or speed or whatever other traits, and there were other walk-ons or lowly recruited 3 stars that dominated on a daily basis.

Advertisement
I've been on the Few train since I saw him tear up American Heritage's loaded secondary in the state title game.

To me once you step on campus your "star" rating is irrelevant. I played with high 4 star and All-American guys that absolutely sucked at football but had height or speed or whatever other traits, and there were other walk-ons or lowly recruited 3 stars that dominated on a daily basis.
I appreciate the reply, @apfenny3, here's my question.... what is it that these 4 star recruits come in and think the keys will be handover without work? Or they come in like their **** don't stink and the lower tier 3 stars just out work them for the position? It's interesting that you got to see it first hand. And we always as fans appreciate you, my young brother. Congrats to your success, you've earned it.

I appreciate the reply, @apfenny3, here's my question.... what is it that these 4 star recruits come in and think the keys will be handover without work? Or they come in like their **** don't stink and the lower tier 3 stars just out work them for the position? It's interesting that you got to see it first hand. And we always as fans appreciate you, my young brother. Congrats to your success, you've earned it.
I appreciate it. Every guy is a case by case basis, I've seen some HS All-Americans come in and work their *** off like Ahmmon and some others, I've also seen some that were lazy and entitled and bought into their own hype. There were some that were just overrated for whatever reasons and never were going to live up to their billing despite decent work ethics.

Advertisement
Berries had 12 receptions for 178 yards his junior year. Pope has 6 for 82 through 2 games. He had a catch for 31 on 3rd and 14 and a catch for 18 on 3rd and 4 against Louisville.
He's on pace for 30 for 400+.
Tell me again how Berrios is your standard bearer.
But people can be so quick to write off pope but praise berrios as if he didn’t do anything in his career until he was a senior...

I'm as big a Berrios fan as you'll find but this is revisionist history. Everyone remembers his senior year and conveniently forgets that he was a **** near invisible his junior year.

1 catch 5 yards against FAMU
1 catch 13 yards App St
1 catch 22 yards GT
1 catch 6 yards FSU
2 catches 25 yards and a TD VT
1 catch 5 yards Pitt
1 catch 38 yards Duke
4 catches 64 yards and a TD WVU

Now tell me again how you knew Brax was a playmaker in 2016...and yet Pope, who in his sophomore year was just as productive as Brax in his junior year is a bust. Bottom line, the facts simply don't support your argument.
Womp womp..... facts

But people can be so quick to write off pope but praise berrios as if he didn’t do anything in his career until he was a senior...
I see you still have irrational hate for Berrios, disliking every post that props him up.

People forget that Berrios dealt with a lot of injuries early in his career. Berrios never dropped a punt while Pope managed to do it on his first ever attempt.

Braxton showed elite toughness, hands, and football IQ, none of which Pope has yet to display.

I hope Pope blossoms into something even better, but so far he has not shown any of the traits that made Braxton or a healthy Ahmmon stand out.

If few can catch the dam ball than start him

we need WR’s that can catch.

the 4.8 WR from Alabama play him at this point. 1 thing that dude can do is catch

what’s the point in having 4.4 WR’s that can’t catch a wide open football on 3rd down and we have to punt

sh*t is beyond my understanding

enough is enough

Advertisement
Back