WR's

fraggle

Senile Senior
Which one do you think will start to be the go too WR? I've have been patiently waiting for Wiggins to be the main man at WR>

Advertisement
Which one do you think will start to be the go too WR? I've have been patiently waiting for Wiggins to be the main man at WR>
Sadly, it is evident none of the starting 3 are anything to wait on.

Pope is just too small and then doesn't make up for it with wiggle or straight ahead speed
Harley is fast but has suspect hands and average athleticism.
Wiggins seems to have a hard time getting open.

Brevin and Mallory need to be on the field at the same time more often

Sadly, it is evident none of the starting 3 are anything to wait on.

Pope is just too small and then doesn't make up for it with wiggle or straight ahead speed
Harley is fast but has suspect hands and average athleticism.
Wiggins seems to have a hard time getting open.

Brevin and Mallory need to be on the field at the same time more often
Pope - Correct
Harley - Incorrect, he is not fast nor quick
Wiggins - Incorrect, needs more targets and long balls
Brevin & Mallory - Correct

Advertisement
Pope - Correct
Harley - Incorrect, he is not fast nor quick
Wiggins - Incorrect, needs more targets and long balls
Brevin & Mallory - Correct
Everybody always talks about how fast Harley but it never looks like he gets any separation from the DB’s.

Advertisement
Everybody always talks about how fast Harley but it never looks like he gets any separation from the DB’s.
He's fast as **** but he ain't got no wiggle at all which makes it hard for him to separate. Harley is a guy that will test good In a 40 but bad at anything LATERALLY. Most people think it's all about straight line speed as a WR but lateral quickness is more important.

I miss a receiver like Berrios, third down reliable.
Berries had 12 receptions for 178 yards his junior year. Pope has 6 for 82 through 2 games. He had a catch for 31 on 3rd and 14 and a catch for 18 on 3rd and 4 against Louisville.
He's on pace for 30 for 400+.
Tell me again how Berrios is your standard bearer.

Last edited:
The starters are all kinda skinny and stiff. They'll flash here and there but with Jordan/Mallory on the field we may not need a true WR1 to emerge, just catch the **** ball.

Based on the last game I'd go with Pope if forced to pick one among the starters.

Payton has a lot of hype and has been on campus since spring 2019. Him not being named a starter is a red flag but be moves better than the other WRs.

Redding is put together nicely and is intriguing because of it. Would not be surprised to see him catch a redzone TD soon.

Few, Restrepo, Smith, Worsham each bring something to the table but there simply may not be enough snaps to go around for them.

Advertisement
Vets have until Clemson game to get **** straight or it’s time to unleash the youth after that game.... Literally no reason to not give them reps

Berries had 12 receptions for 178 yards his junior year. Pope has 6 for 82 through 2 games. He had a catch for 31 on 3rd and 14 and a catch for 18 on 3rd and 4 against Louisville.
Berrios plays in the league. Unless Pope completely does a 180 I don't see him doing the same. The yards are a cherry picked stat and not really comparable because Brax had Rosier throwing to him, while Pope has a literal potential heisman contender QB hitting him in the numbers every play. Also two completely different offenses.

Advertisement
Berrios plays in the league. Unless Pope completely does a 180 I don't see him doing the same. The yards are a cherry picked stat and not really comparable because Brax had Rosier throwing to him, while Pope has a literal potential heisman contender QB hitting him in the numbers every play. Also two completely different offenses.
Nobody saw Berrios playing in the league two games into his junior year. Also, Berrios had Brad Kaaya throwing to him his junior year, not Rosier.

Just pulled this off 247, should lead to some good discussion. These are for the full season (yes I know PFF kind of sucks but still).

PFF RECEIVING GRADES​

RankPlayerGradeSnapsCatches
1Marshall Few64.6161
2Mike Harley62.6785
3Jeremiah Payton60.6291
4Mark Pope58.61096
5Keyshawn Smith57.880
6Dee Wiggins55.81305
7Michael Redding III54.4200

the office smile GIF

I don’t know if there is going to be a “go to” at WR. I think Lashlee will put people in the position to make plays and King will keep hitting people in the hands until they catch it. I’m a’ight with that, WR by committee. Especially since the RB’s and the TE’s are really good.

Because Berrios fought for every ball and you knew he was going to make the play if a play was to be made. Neither Pope or Harley inspire that kind of confidence

Advertisement
Back