WR rotations

Canes_

Sophomore
I understand there are a number of guys on the roster but it's pretty clear at this point Richards, Berrios, Langham, and Thomas are a cut above and should be getting the bulk of the snaps.

If Langham is good enough to play and be featured late in games, he should be playing quarters 1-3 as well lol

Advertisement
The coaches are still trying to figure out the wr rotation.... We already who the beast are... JT is not a playmaker like AR but he's going to be big for us this year

It seems like they were playing Harley a bit more the first few games of the season and that JT has now taken some of those snaps

Advertisement
I love the heavy rotation ....it keeps the entire group pushing hard for pt....play calling was good early on....saw a few shifts (empty backfield) to offset the D....2nd q offense stalled with easy to read formations....when this happens Richt should add a little motion or another shift to open it back up....

Keep the rotation coming. Harley is doing ok. Hasn't made that special play yet, but he will. He is open a lot on tape going deep and stretches the defense with his speed. Also is a great blocker.

The coaches are still trying to figure out the wr rotation.... We already who the beast are... JT is not a playmaker like AR but he's going to be big for us this year

He’s every bit of a playmaker as richards is imo. He made that 70 yard catch last week when we’re down 11 in the third vs ga tech and he made that 47 yard td as well as a critical first down conversion on our final drive which was much needed.

Advertisement
I love the heavy rotation ....it keeps the entire group pushing hard for pt....play calling was good early on....saw a few shifts (empty backfield) to offset the D....2nd q offense stalled with easy to read formations....when this happens Richt should add a little motion or another shift to open it back up....

That would be a fair point if production was comparable. I can't remember a single (non-bubble screen) play Harris has made here and he was on the field a lot more than Langham and Thomas yesterday.

He’s every bit of a playmaker as richards is imo. He made that 70 yard catch last week when we’re down 11 in the third vs ga tech and he made that 47 yard td as well as a critical first down conversion on our final drive which was much needed.
That move he put on the defender at the LOS was just filthy. He's a big play waiting to happen and needs to be on the field as much as possible.

Agree. Langham needs to play more.

Defintiely needs to play more.

Richards
Langham
Berrios
Thomas

Need the bulk of the reps and then Mullins and Harley

The list above is exactly right. Drops killed our offensive momentum at times against Syracuse. Langham & Herndon have the most reliable hands and biggest frames to use (particularly important against ND & VT). The only thing I don't understand is why Langham isn't getting more targets. He has looked like a man amongst boys at times (and not just on the final plays of games). I don't get it.

Props to #4 . He's really developing nicely and is a playmaker with his explosiveness.

We have some really good talent on offense. We simply need to use our best & most reliable weapons more often (while giving some plays to other players to keep them engaged/motivated).

That would be a fair point if production was comparable. I can't remember a single (non-bubble screen) play Harris has made here and he was on the field a lot more than Langham and Thomas yesterday.

THey like the way he blocks

Advertisement
Langham is a nightmare that we are not exploiting. Thomas and Harley should be running routes to get them in open space. Somebody tell Richt to put DJ in the backfield w Homer sometimes! Berrios should be in the slot only. Richards is a problem for whoever and wherever. Richt is not properly using his weapons; he's got a AK47 on hand and shooting it like a pop gun!

Langham will never have to buy a meal in Miami again ......but kid cant create space .... and doesn't know how to use his size (yet)

Advertisement

Great and end his Cinderella charm when time is needed. You are smart enough to know we are underfeated correct, why foreplay with the girl when you don't have to. ACC Championship.

Advertisement
Back