WR Room- Join The Party, Will You?

gambino97

Recruit

The numbers match our thinking. We NEED SOMEONE, anyone from that WR room to start stepping up consistently.

Now, SOME of these numbers are indeed on King. He has missed some gimmes, but we need someone from that room to become WR1 in order for this offense to really start clicking on all cylinders...And Harley aint it LOL....

Paging Mr. Redding and Mr. Payton!

Advertisement
Where was Payton last game? I loved watching some of the youngins get some burn both early and late, I saw Payton on the sideline but he was my preseason vote for newcomer stud and he has been noticeably absent.

I really want to see Restrepo. When he was in on that PR I liked what I saw. Mine has so much confidence that I think will translate to the field.
I agree but Restrepo isn't a deep threat. I'm looking at Smith and Redding as being our BIG deep threats. Redding is a man child and Smith appears to have Moss-like separation speed and length. I love Harley and Pope for being Miami guys, but I just don't trust them to really threaten beyond 10-15 yards.

Advertisement
Where was Payton last game? I loved watching some of the youngins get some burn both early and late, I saw Payton on the sideline but he was my preseason vote for newcomer stud and he has been noticeably absent.
Yea DMoney said to look out for him this game but maybe he was nursing an injury or missed too many practices last week because of COVID protocol or something.

You maggots will latch into anything to try and mope won’t you?

if our QB hits our wide *** open, 4 yards behind the D passes, we wouldn’t have anything to mope about. All our WRs get separation deep, except for maybe Pope, but we don’t hit them.
That’s when the narrative becomes we can’t separate

Last edited:
I agree but Restrepo isn't a deep threat. I'm looking at Smith and Redding as being our BIG deep threats. Redding is a man child and Smith appears to have Moss-like separation speed and length. I love Harley and Pope for being Miami guys, but I just don't trust them to really threaten beyond 10-15 yards.
Couldn't disagree more. Lashlee's O creates mismatches, making just about anyone a deep threat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Couldn't disagree more. Lashlee's O creates mismatches, making just about anyone a deep threat.
0b94b7c1e9d1bd8fb1eee7a6247a7add.gif

Advertisement
Oh my word!

*clutches pearls*

How dare you talk about players needing to improve after a win over FSU. I've never!
You would have been one of these dudes in 2001 talking about benching Dorsey after BC or firing Chud.

All this separation talk is nonsense. King has missed some wide open long walk in TDs like Keyshawn Smith and a few others. And we're dropping too many passes. If we get those two things clicking, then no one will be saying **** about our WRs.
Pretty much.

King has been an absolute revelation for us at QB, but if I'm an NFL scout I look at his height and I look at his long ball accuracy as big negatives at the next level.

We've left a lot of points out there.

You would have been one of these dudes in 2001 talking about benching Dorsey after BC or firing Chud.

Comparing Ken Dorsey to Mike Harley. Oh boy.
QB coming off an 11-1 season vs an unaccomplished JAG WR.

Maybe log off and take a break.

King has to start connecting on the deep ball. He missed like 3 , 2 was on the first drive . The deep shots will take our offense over the top.

he missed pope up the sideline. He miss Brevin on the first drive would’ve been TD the third one I remember was Wiggins beating Samuel but that wasn’t his fault cause they ended up tangling up.

that should be the focus point this bye week tbh cause Clemson safeties are weak so there will be chances. I think we do need more rotation at WR tho . Smith and Redding look ready . Smith almost took the top off FSU

Advertisement
Back