WR Raines has family tie to UM, talks Canes

View as article
And it seems like the norm here in Coral Gables.. We get the staff out on the road to RECRUIT but they are offering plan b and c level player's.. It like they are scared to compete for top player's.. All the college's in the country can come to SoFla for talent, but MIAMI acts like they can't do the same and go after the top player's from other states.. Ppl here say all the time, Louisiana recruits are locks to go to LSU, there are just much top player's in Louisiana as there are in SoFla, SO WHAT LSU can't get them all!!
Im not even sure what your talking about. Other then a few players this last week we have been giving out offers to fcking studs. The new o-line coach is all over the trail offering super solid talent and theres no way to argue that. Lashlee and the new wr coach are offering total studs at wr and at QB. I mean at what position are you seeing us offering jags because I dont see it at all. This is the most aggressive we have been in recruiting in years. Sorry you dont share my sentiment but im pumped at what were doing.

Advertisement
I agree.. But when I look at MIAMI recruiting sites, all I see "Miami the gives recruit his first Power 5 offer" or "Miami is the second or third or fourth etc.. Power 5 school to offer this kid" MANNNN, where are all the studs at? Miami seems like they are always looking for hiden gems, THEN we see recruits around FL say "Miami isn't really showing me love or much interest" and it's the recruits every other program in the country is after!!

BottomLine... MIAMI can't build this program with a bunch of unknowns and gems.. We need the best of the best, NOW at the end of the day if we sign one or two gems it's okay BUT half the entire class can't be this.. Then not to mention, we don't have this super staff to develop these mid-level player's.. THIS IS WHY MIAMI HAVE ONLY WON THEIR DIVISION ONCE SINCE ENTERING THE ACC..
So, from the latest 2020 recruiting class, in your opinion who are the studs and who are the unknowns/gems ? Just curious how you categorize it cuz our 2020 group was highly rated with very few projects in my estimation.

In
So, from the latest 2020 recruiting class, in your opinion who are the studs and who are the unknowns/gems ? Just curious how you categorize it cuz our 2020 group was highly rated with very few projects in my estimation.
In YOUR estimation!! The 2020 class has some really good player's NO DOUBT.. AND I'm talking about all the offers being sent out to plan b and c type recruits, my opinion.. I just don't see the staff going after the super studs out here, this last offers are going to 3 star recruits.. I'm just wondering why, the staff isn't going after the 4 and 5 star recruits around the country.. We talk all the time why our CANES aren't dominanting and I just think the level of talent is the reason, we need to stock pile the talent here... MIAMI should never been lacking for skill position talent, and of course every year we need true freshman ready to step up..

In

In YOUR estimation!! The 2020 class has some really good player's NO DOUBT.. AND I'm talking about all the offers being sent out to plan b and c type recruits, my opinion.. I just don't see the staff going after the super studs out here, this last offers are going to 3 star recruits.. I'm just wondering why, the staff isn't going after the 4 and 5 star recruits around the country.. We talk all the time why our CANES aren't dominanting and I just think the level of talent is the reason, we need to stock pile the talent here... MIAMI should never been lacking for skill position talent, and of course every year we need true freshman ready to step up..
I think the staff has been sending out a ton of offers to highly ranked kids, especially the new coaches on offense. And the reason we need true freshman to constantly play is so many juniors leave early to go undrafted while others unexpectedly transfer hurting depth. We're targeting a lot of elite talent, just haven't been able to close on as many as we need to get back to being a powerhouse program again.

Advertisement
I think the staff has been sending out a ton of offers to highly ranked kids, especially the new coaches on offense. And the reason we need true freshman to constantly play is so many juniors leave early to go undrafted while others unexpectedly transfer hurting depth. We're targeting a lot of elite talent, just haven't been able to close on as many as we need to get back to being a powerhouse program again.
I just looked at the offer sheet over the last few years, and I see UM has offered the top player's BUT I also noticed they offer a lot of top player's late in the process.. AND I really believe that's why MIAMI have a hard time pulling in some of these top player's.. WINNING is the problem, the staff be slow playing recruits as well BUT WINNING is really hurting Miami..
I'm not a recruiter, but IF I wanted a player I would make it known to them that I want you here!! AND with these SoFla kid's IF Miami isn't in their *** from at least 10th grade, it doesn't pay to recruit them as a Senior.. THIS 2021' CLASS, MIAMI NEEDS THOSE TOP SOFLA STUDS TO TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND!! Out of the top 20 Miami HAVE TO sign at least 10...

AND THIS HAS TO HAPPEN EVERY YEAR!! Otherwise MIAMI has to start signing more top talent Nationwide, IF these doesn't happen Miami is going to be an average level ACC team..

I just looked at the offer sheet over the last few years, and I see UM has offered the top player's BUT I also noticed they offer a lot of top player's late in the process.. AND I really believe that's why MIAMI have a hard time pulling in some of these top player's.. WINNING is the problem, the staff be slow playing recruits as well BUT WINNING is really hurting Miami..
I'm not a recruiter, but IF I wanted a player I would make it known to them that I want you here!! AND with these SoFla kid's IF Miami isn't in their *** from at least 10th grade, it doesn't pay to recruit them as a Senior.. THIS 2021' CLASS, MIAMI NEEDS THOSE TOP SOFLA STUDS TO TURN THIS PROGRAM AROUND!! Out of the top 20 Miami HAVE TO sign at least 10...

AND THIS HAS TO HAPPEN EVERY YEAR!! Otherwise MIAMI has to start signing more top talent Nationwide, IF these doesn't happen Miami is going to be an average level ACC team..
Miami does tend to offer some local talent too late, but we also recruit plenty hard from as early as 8th grade but get burned by SEC bags. We're doing the right thing going more nationwide as the U brand is very attractive to lots of OOS prospects while some SoFla studs take it for granted. As far as getting 10/20 top local kids in 2021, we have to have an 11 win type season to pull that off but even so lots of kids will never be able to resist the bag man no matter what we do.

Miami does tend to offer some local talent too late, but we also recruit plenty hard from as early as 8th grade but get burned by SEC bags. We're doing the right thing going more nationwide as the U brand is very attractive to lots of OOS prospects while some SoFla studs take it for granted. As far as getting 10/20 top local kids in 2021, we have to have an 11 win type season to pull that off but even so lots of kids will never be able to resist the bag man no matter what we do.
Everybody always talking bout UM WINNING 10, 11, 12 games per season BUT our CANES have to recruit the player's that will help them WIN those games!!

Everybody always talking bout UM WINNING 10, 11, 12 games per season BUT our CANES have to recruit the player's that will help them WIN those games!!
We do recruit those type of players, but SoFla kids are fickle and want to play for a perennial national contender right away. We also accept commitments too early from underclassmen and it leads to way too many decommits which hurts our image as a program. Miami will always have difficulty recruiting top 5 type classes when the NCAA holds us to the toughest standard while the SEC operates with impunity. We're recruiting pretty well, but we have to upgrade the overall recruiting department, have better player development/coaching, and most importantly win on the field the Canes way with swagger and we'll be just fine.

Advertisement
I agree.. But when I look at MIAMI recruiting sites, all I see "Miami the gives recruit his first Power 5 offer" or "Miami is the second or third or fourth etc.. Power 5 school to offer this kid" MANNNN, where are all the studs at? Miami seems like they are always looking for hiden gems, THEN we see recruits around FL say "Miami isn't really showing me love or much interest" and it's the recruits every other program in the country is after!!

BottomLine... MIAMI can't build this program with a bunch of unknowns and gems.. We need the best of the best, NOW at the end of the day if we sign one or two gems it's okay BUT half the entire class can't be this.. Then not to mention, we don't have this super staff to develop these mid-level player's.. THIS IS WHY MIAMI HAVE ONLY WON THEIR DIVISION ONCE SINCE ENTERING THE ACC..
Totally agree with that statement, the issue is the best of the best won’t come till they prove they can win consistently. You will find some kids who pick Miami because they love Miami, but the vast majority is about being @ a winning program.

Advertisement
Back