WR Mike Harley 2021

Bring back all the talent you can and let them fight it on the field for playing time.
Ford is one of our best run stuffer at DT.
Plus having a lot of older guys back is a plus, even if less talented maturity helps.
Well the post you also thought was dumb was me saying certain people need to go. Pope and Wiggins have the worst hands I’ve ever seen, McCloud and Jennings are two of the worst lbs I’ve ever seen, Carter is the worst safety in Miami history, and Ivey is the worst db in Miami history. Those guys all need to go idc if they are older. Get the young guys reps. I’d rather see the younger DT’s get reps ahead of Ford which is why I wouldn’t be broken up if he left.

Advertisement
Well the post you also thought was dumb was me saying certain people need to go. Pope and Wiggins have the worst hands I’ve ever seen, McCloud and Jennings are two of the worst lbs I’ve ever seen, Carter is the worst safety in Miami history, and Ivey is the worst db in Miami history. Those guys all need to go idc if they are older. Get the young guys reps. I’d rather see the younger DT’s get reps ahead of Ford which is why I wouldn’t be broken up if he left.

Why you want them to leave? You cant replace them. They are at least good for depth. Unless you think we'll get more IC from the NCAA we can't just run everyone out, coach them up.

Why you want them to leave? You cant replace them. They are at least good for depth. Unless you think we'll get more IC from the NCAA we can't just run everyone out, coach them up.
Because if they come back then they’ll start if Baker is still around and you will see a repeat of what you saw in 2020. I hope to God Likens and Lashlee have figured it out not to start Pope and Wiggins again.

Smart move Harley! He's already improved his draft stock this season now if he plays all next year like you did from mid season, look out.

Advertisement
Great news and win win. Supposedly already working out with Jocolby George. I was really happy to his success last year as I had read of how hard it a worker he is...especially after learning he dealt with adversity and felt like quitting. I have always loved his attitude and love of the U. 🙌🙌🙌

I agree for most of them. For example, Ivey is mediocre. But as of now, we only have 5 CBs next year. We literally need him for depth purposes if nothing else. I doubt TRob is going to start him because of loyalty/seniority. But if he's our 5th CB, that's not a terrible thing.

Advertisement
I hope that he starts as strong at the beginning of 2021 as he left on the field after the Clemson debacle. His demeanor completely changed after that and he started to show leadership. I hope that this kid finds his voice as a leader in 2021 and either being in 6/8’s ears for poor play and obviously preparation or (as I would prefer) in the coaches ears preaching to give the youth putting in the effort the playing time.

Welcome back Mike! Show us what the WR Corps can look like in 2021.

Why are we even debating the value of this. it is an extreme positive to have our best receiver return. Whether you like Harley or not, he beat out all the other receivers on our roster, not just Pope and Wiggins. More talent the better.

Because if they come back then they’ll start if Baker is still around and you will see a repeat of what you saw in 2020. I hope to God Likens and Lashlee have figured it out not to start Pope and Wiggins again.
You are going back and forth with a gimp. Stop while you are ahead he just wants to wave his pom poms he doesn't care the results.

You are going back and forth with a gimp. Stop while you are ahead he just wants to wave his pom poms he doesn't care the results.
Yea he’s a fool. If anyone wants guys like McCloud, Jennings, Ivey, Carter, Pope, Wiggins back is delusional as ****.

Advertisement
Out best receiver this year
Yep, and while that is not really saying much because of the lack of consistent production from the group it's always good to have that experience returning. It's a good thing for Miami and him. Regardless, that group needs 2-3 more consistent contributors!

Agreed. As has been mentioned before, this is a win-win for all parties involved.

#'s 6 & 8, however, should seek shelter someplace else. Seriously, sometimes a new environment can re-awaken someone's ability. Those guys just don't have it wearing the O & G. Time to move on for them, but glad Harley is coming back. If he has a solid year, he could play himself into the 7th round or something like that, which is better than undrafted, last time I checked.
Agreed but I honestly think that Harley could do better than 7th round. 5th round would be a good spot.

Agreed but I honestly think that Harley could do better than 7th round. 5th round would be a good spot.
He will have to show consistency in his hands and he will have to bulk up. At present, I don't know that he will get drafted until he becomes more stout. In the league, hands, route running and ability to take a hit and get up for the next play are more important than just speed and quickness. It's one of the reasons why I'm not so sure Devonta will go as high as some predict - he's too skinny at present. So is Harley.

Mike, you have 7-8 months to add 15 pounds of muscle, work on the juggs machine and become a crisp route runner.

Advertisement
He will have to show consistency in his hands and he will have to bulk up. At present, I don't know that he will get drafted until he becomes more stout. In the league, hands, route running and ability to take a hit and get up for the next play are more important than just speed and quickness. It's one of the reasons why I'm not so sure Devonta will go as high as some predict - he's too skinny at present. So is Harley.

Mike, you have 7-8 months to add 15 pounds of muscle, work on the juggs machine and become a crisp route runner.
Those are good points. Devonta to me however is one of these guys that defies the conventional wisdom and just makes plays. There are plenty of examples of players like that throughout the history of the NFL and even recently. I do agree with you in general however.

WR Mike Harley has just announced that he is returning for the 2021 season. Smart move by him! Your thoughts??

He had to come back if he wants to get drafted. Needs to have a spectacular season as his measurable are nothing special to speak of. Being honest. It's what's best for him and us.

Were you in a coma for the Highsmith/Rogers years?

I think Harley will come back with extreme confidence this year. Coming back as WR 1 with a chip on your shoulder will probably push him to excel.

By all accounts he is the hardest worker in the WR room, now he has the production to back it up. I think this only helps the room. (Much Needed)

Advertisement
Back