WR Lawrence Cager

How about a local kid? There are plenty of good ones.

Do you know of any S. Florida 6'5" 200# 4* WR's that don't have major issues with grades or discipline?

I know probably 5-6 will blow up pretty quickly for other schools. Does the WR need to be 6'5 200 pounds to be good? Do all SF players have issues? Our best WR from last season might be 5'10 and he will be pretty darn good in the NFL.

Instead we will recruit kids like J. Carter and miss on T. Rudolph or I. Mckenzie or A. Cooper in the process. We miss on too much good talent and porsters keep flashing excuses rather than acknowledge the truth...our coach makes a lot of mistakes and recruiting is one.

Have to win to land the big boys and we aren't doing that and haven't done that in years. It all falls on Golden though he has ran out of stuff to sell except education and playing time. Players these days don't care about how good our education is and now they are making a joke that they are telling everyone they will play right away, then if it works and they come to campus Al plays them even if they aren't ready and ruins their RS.

Advertisement
Have to win to land the big boys and we aren't doing that and haven't done that in years. It all falls on Golden though he has ran out of stuff to sell except education and playing time. Players these days don't care about how good our education is and now they are making a joke that they are telling everyone they will play right away, then if it works and they come to campus Al plays them even if they aren't ready and ruins their RS.

Win to and the big boys, ehh?

Here is 2014 (just 2014):

Corey Holmes (ND, 9-4 season in 2013)
C.J. Worton (UF, 4-8 season in 2013)
J.C. Jackson* (UF, 4-8 season in 2013)
I. McKenzie (UGA, 8-5 season in 2013)
S. Ishmael (Syracuse, 7-6 season in 2013

*Technically an athlete

It's not just the big boys, it is more than that. Also, we should be getting some of these big boys (Lane, Dixon, Rudloph etc.) regardless. We miss on too many.

Win to and the big boys, ehh?

Here is 2014 (just 2014):

Corey Holmes (ND, 9-4 season in 2013)
C.J. Worton (UF, 4-8 season in 2013)
J.C. Jackson* (UF, 4-8 season in 2013)
I. McKenzie (UGA, 8-5 season in 2013)
S. Ishmael (Syracuse, 7-6 season in 2013)

*Technically an athlete

It's not just the big boys, it is more than that. Also, we should be getting some of these big boys (Lane, Dixon, Rudloph etc.) regardless. We miss on too many.

You will land a few it's like our class right now, our brand is still selling itself to a few guys but what I'm saying is to be consistent and having a pull for all the big studs and keeping them home (Cooper, Rudolph, Lane) you have to win. Imagine what Golden is telling these kids to get them to Miami vs what Saban and Jimbo are telling them. It's a joke we have no pull which is why we can't consistently land these guys because eventually they see through the bull **** and buy into what Jimbo is telling them.

I work in Baltimore and have seen this kid many times. Very smooth great hands and extremely physical for a wideout. He plays top area competition sucha as good counsel dematha etc.. Alabama is very interested and nick saban has a great contact in the baltimore area which helped them land cyrus jones a couple years ago.. In my opinion this kid will be very scary with a college weight program. I hope we land him.

Advertisement
You will land a few it's like our class right now, our brand is still selling itself to a few guys but what I'm saying is to be consistent and having a pull for all the big studs and keeping them home (Cooper, Rudolph, Lane) you have to win. Imagine what Golden is telling these kids to get them to Miami vs what Saban and Jimbo are telling them. It's a joke we have no pull which is why we can't consistently land these guys because eventually they see through the bull **** and buy into what Jimbo is telling them.

Why I agree in some part, we tend to get 5 stars (C. Thomas) and elite recruits locally. We just miss on too many studs. This is our backyard. Recruit better.

Why I agree in some part, we tend to get 5 stars (C. Thomas) and elite recruits locally. We just miss on too many studs. This is our backyard. Recruit better.

Winning will directly translate to that. Chad Thomas probably would have went somewhere else but we have his major, music/production, and no one else does.

Winning will directly translate to that. Chad Thomas probably would have went somewhere else but we have his major, music/production, and no one else does.

Uh, doesn't Bama have it?

Advertisement

Uh, doesn't Bama have it?

I dont think it is comparable to Miami's in the style he wanted to do.

The thing that really helps 2016 is the early commitment of QB Jack Allison. QB's usually stick and with him in the bag, the skill guys are gonna wanna play with him. Now if we can get Gibson somehow this year then this class might get decent. Irvin and Johnson I think are coming but ya never know.

Scarlett is coming. If Walton stays in the '16 class then I think we can keep Williams, Cronkite, and Scarlett with Williams being an athlete playing reciever and running back. Cronkite only wants two running backs in this class so it's important that Walton maybe stays in his class. Williams seems to be on board with the athlete role.

Recruiting.. . trending up

Now if this ************ would fix the god **** defense, we might be able to recruit DT's

Advertisement
Would rather have Peete

Respectfully disagree.

I really don't see what others do in Peete. Some here seem very high on him, but to me he just looks like a tall possession receiver. Not an explosive athlete and not someone who plays to his size with high-pointing ability. Couldn't get any separation against McFadden in the STA-Heritage game.

Cager's highlights show a receiver who's just as tall with far better high-pointing ability and superior athleticism, IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back