WR Lawrence Cager

So I have seen his name pop up numerous of time pertaining to us. I have paid no attention to him because I don't think we have a shot In he'll.I havent watched his highlights but they say he is a stud. now we are 2nd In his top 5. He hasn't visited from what I seen. Pete,Tito Dmoney is there any smoke here?

Canes 2nd RT“@rivalsmike: Top 5 in order for 4 star WR Lawrence Cager -- #UGA, #Canes, #Bama, #Hokies, #HottyToddy http://t.co/Zn6Zjkepxg”

Advertisement
Probably just looking for a free trip to miami like it seems a lot of kids do this time of the recruiting cycle

Advertisement
http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/12/ohio_state_buckeyes_recruting.html

Three-star WR Lawrence Cager releases top five

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Ohio State was in good positioning with three-star wide receiver Lawrence Cager of Towson (Md.) Calvert Hall early this week.

Not anymore.*

Cager told cleveland.com on Monday evening that his latest top five, in order, is Georgia, Miami (Fla.), Alabama, Virginia Tech and Mississippi.*

It was interesting when Ohio State, once figured to be one of Cager's leaders, wasn't on it. He said that's "mainly because of the coaching change."*

News broke Monday morning that offensive coordinator Tom Herman is expected to accept the head coaching position at Houston*next year, and that change on the coaching staff has Cager thinking twice.*

Is Ohio State dead?*

"I don't think they are necessarily dead," Cager said, "but Coach Herman leaving was big."*

The reason Ohio State was considered one of the teams to beat for the 6-foot-5, 202-pound receiver is his close friendship with five-star quarterback Torrance Gibson of Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage, a Buckeyes commit.*

When the Herman news went public, Gibson expressed that he was sad that Herman was leaving but he told cleveland.com that he would have done the same thing.*

"I'm a little sad to see him go because he's a great offensive coordinator, a great coach and a great person on and off the field," Gibson told cleveland.com on Monday afternoon. "But I'm happy for him, actually.*

"He always wanted the opportunity to be a head coach, and he saw his opportunity and he took it. I would've done the same thing if they offered me a head coaching position if I were in his shoes. I'm happy for him."*

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How about a local kid? There are plenty of good ones.

Do you know of any S. Florida 6'5" 200# 4* WR's that don't have major issues with grades or discipline?

I know probably 5-6 will blow up pretty quickly for other schools. Does the WR need to be 6'5 200 pounds to be good? Do all SF players have issues? Our best WR from last season might be 5'10 and he will be pretty darn good in the NFL.

Instead we will recruit kids like J. Carter and miss on T. Rudolph or I. Mckenzie or A. Cooper in the process. We miss on too much good talent and porsters keep flashing excuses rather than acknowledge the truth...our coach makes a lot of mistakes and recruiting is one.

Cager is nasty. This staff deserves all the criticism it gets for its failures at recruiting in South Florida, but I don't have an issue with pursuing top talent from out of state as long as they're going after studs. Cager qualifies, IMO.

That being said, I assume we have no chance.

Advertisement
Back