2024 WR Jerrae "Tank" Hawkins, IMG (from WV)

Sucks to be the ones looking on from a distance while everyone is getting commits and were just sitting with a bunch of 3* and borderline 4* guys. I have faith that July will be good to us but man does it suck to be patient when no one else has to.
It’s hard to watch. I get it. I’ve got nothing I can say to change it. All I know is multiple people respected here have assured me that the fireworks are headed our way,,including some things that will surprise people, so all I can do is have faith, wait and hope it goes our way on multiple fronts.

Advertisement
They only have 5 more commits than us
Their quality of commit is significantly better right now as well. That's what stings the most. It would be one thing if they were just loading up on 3* guys but their getting quality kids in the fold. Still have to play the games which I think they're in for another down year but if they really are slinging big money around, they may still be able to hold onto their class. Hopefully we get some big time names in July to match, which I trust Mario will do. We started picking up right around then last year as well. Just hate seeing UF and FSU with any kind of recruiting success lol.

It’s hard to watch. I get it. I’ve got nothing I can say to change it. All I know is multiple people respected here have assured me that the fireworks are headed our way,,including some things that will surprise people, so all I can do is have faith, wait and hope it goes our way on multiple fronts.
I hear you. No reason to doubt Mario won't deliver in recruiting like he always has. People have a way (myself included) of getting antsy when rivals have good things happening to them and we don't lol. Firmly believe the patience will pay off.

Yup, wholeheartedly believe it. I expect this July to top last year.

I cannot stress how imperative that month is going to be. I’m excited.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m curious if any of you check on other college football boards, but I wonder what I would find at schools like Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, SCar, A&M, OU’s boards considering these schools are also starting off relatively slow.

Bama is an anomaly but I’m sure they’re livid UGA is lapping them.

Their quality of commit is significantly better right now as well. That's what stings the most. It would be one thing if they were just loading up on 3* guys but their getting quality kids in the fold. Still have to play the games which I think they're in for another down year but if they really are slinging big money around, they may still be able to hold onto their class. Hopefully we get some big time names in July to match, which I trust Mario will do. We started picking up right around then last year as well. Just hate seeing UF and FSU with any kind of recruiting success lol.
FSU is having no high school recruiting success so I wouldn't worry about them lol. But yea that's the weird thing its like UF said F it all of a sudden and get any highly rated kid no matter what price tag this summer. They're going to have to pay them more to get them to stick after winning 4 to 5 games this fall.

But still in June of last year we were ranked in the 70s and look how that turned out. See where we are in 30 days just have to get used to the slow build up style of this new staff

Honestly I'm just playing around. We're on the same page 99.99% of the time. I'm a Mario guy & know we'll get our guys. It's just killing me to see the Gates happy.
I get ya

Blind faith in coaches is never a good thing. I take it as people just getting it out of their systems

We kinda went through this last year too Mario landed a lot of the summer but then people got really worked up around signing day because we missed some guys

So timing is part of the deal

I’m definitely in chill and let’s see mode

Advertisement
I'm just trying to loosen our insiders up a bit 😂😂😂
poke bruise GIF

I’m curious if any of you check on other college football boards, but I wonder what I would find at schools like Alabama, Texas, Tennessee, SCar, A&M, OU’s boards considering these schools are also starting off relatively slow.

Bama is an anomaly but I’m sure they’re livid UGA is lapping them.
Exactly Texas is in the 50s in recruiting

I get ya

Blind faith in coaches is never a good thing. I take it as people just getting it out of their systems

We kinda went through this last year too Mario landed a lot of the summer but then people got really worked up around signing day because we missed some guys

So timing is part of the deal

I’m definitely in chill and let’s see mode
After the last 20 years I'm chillin too.

Advertisement
I thought you were making a joke bc normally when teams say that kinda stuff its bc they missed. But if its coming from the dark side then its true.
Yeah, it’s been said before by Blake on the gator board as I’ve been following it. That and Penn State got like 3 WR commits in the last week.

Advertisement
Back