2024 WR Jerrae "Tank" Hawkins, IMG (from WV)

I have a question.... Why are you guys soooo sure that their class will fall apart with a bad season?? I mean..... Ours didn't 🤔
a first year bump is a real thing…I would be shocked if the gators have another losing season and signed all these kids that would be very weird…you have to show progress in year 2…other schools are just going to negative recruit the school/coach and say Billy won’t be there much longer

Advertisement
Their class is going to be a perfect example of how effective NIL can be should they go 5-7.

If most kids stick, then the “oh just wait til the season” rationale is complete, utter horse****. We can then effectively assume that money can offset your record on the field. It would be like A&M, except you quite literally held onto that class despite going 5-7 in year 2. Not 8-4. That in itself would open up a whole can of worms regarding our monetary spending with recruits, because it’s been mentioned repeatedly on here that we are “smart with our investments” and refuse to get into a plethora of bidding wars. I’m not talking just 4-5 guys and some depth pieces with potential to go around it; I’m talking an entire class worth like they’re doing right now.

If it falls apart, then fantastic. Better for us. But they will be an interesting case study…a year after we called them poor.

I would point out, the Gaytors keep CLAIMING (no idea whether it's true) that they don't pay until kids enroll. If this is true, then there's another avenue for competitive recruiting schools to differentiate themselves...

It's all good my brother. Just having some fun. I know one thing we will do is accumulate talent. Now what were gonna do with it? That's a question for a later date but I'm all in & I bleed this ****.

I know, and while I may smack a brother like I'm Don Vito, I do it with love.

We just all have to toughen up for a while. It sucks right now, so I'm ready for the good news.

Since we’re not in Gator tears, I’ll speak candidly: why does it matter how much they paid if they get him?

Reading tea leaves, we have certain NIL money distributed for position groups, and a lot of it is on defense. Maybe it’s a horrible value for the gators but it doesn’t look good publicity wise.

Advertisement
a first year bump is a real thing…I would be shocked if the gators have another losing season and signed all these kids that would be very weird…you have to show progress in year 2…other schools are just going to negative recruit the school/coach and say Billy won’t be there much longer

Correct.

I think it's more likely to hit 7 or 8 wins with the schedule Miami has vs. the schedule that Florida has.

Yep soon enough we'll pass the gators up & the tears will flow.

1687813138860.png

Don't buy it. I think we would have 100% took both if we could have. We are in no position to turn down WR's with speed. Unless somehow were getting Miller, Smith, Trader etc.

They viewed both the same. They took the local kid with better size. That’s all..

Advertisement
Since we’re not in Gator tears, I’ll speak candidly: why does it matter how much they paid if they get him?

Reading tea leaves, we have certain NIL money distributed for position groups, and a lot of it is on defense. Maybe it’s a horrible value for the gators but it doesn’t look good publicity wise.
In a month if we spent the $ and got someone universally considered to be better, especially for what we need most, then at that point Hawkins won’t matter. If we strike out and stay struck out then that’s different.

In a month if we spent the $ and got someone universally considered to be better, especially for what we need most, then at that point Hawkins won’t matter. If we strike out and stay struck out then that’s different.
Those are the options. The frustration is at one point he seemed like the best option that was considering us aside from the already committed Chance. Time will tell.

Advertisement
No problem.

I realize it's just a "hypothesis" right now, but if you look at the Gaytor class and the OVs they've taken, it's very possible to conclude that when they DO have some additional recruiting opportunties...that they just miiiiight be vulnerable to flips.

Right now, the Gaytor class is Mayo from An Officer And A Gentleman...

View attachment 243852
Hoping they end up like Pyle in Full Metal Jacket.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back