2024 WR Jerrae "Tank" Hawkins, IMG (from WV)

Lol I'm not panicking just yet. Just observing. I'm giving it until August.
Believe me I agree. It’s hard to watch and see nothing. All I’ve got is what’s been said to me and by who. And again, I don’t see any insiders anywhere right now and there’s a reason and I don’t think it’s because they’re afraid. I’ve said if we don’t see it by August 1st we’re ****ed but I’m going to wait accordingly.

Advertisement
Yes, this is one of the posts that I just tried to reference, thank you for your great memory.

And Miami was sooooo in the mix that we didn't even get mentioned...

Helluva "Final Three"...

:ROFLMAO:
Like you said, and I mentioned, it’s been on their board prior to today. Miami bowed out 1st and Penn State was torn based on height. They also took several WRs ahead of him.

Again about psu.. idc about them or follow their recruiting.. I laughed because u want to say the **** is rain when Miami recruited the kid, had him on official visit.. we not gonna win every battle so it's whatever but no reason to spin a L.. just take it and move on..

So what? We had the kid on an official visit?

Two things can happen.

We can like OTHER players more. AND we can cool on this particular kid.

Both things happened.

There are some recruits who, when they get a bigger NIL offer elsewhere, we will match or exceed on the NIL side.

And there are other recruits who, when they have interest in another school, we say "good luck kid".

Hawkins was the latter.

It's not a battle if you aren't fighting and you just don't give a ****.

Advertisement
Their class is going to be a perfect example of how effective NIL can be should they go 5-7.

If most kids stick, then the “oh just wait til the season” rationale is complete, utter horse****. We can then effectively assume that money can offset your record on the field. It would be like A&M, except you quite literally held onto that class despite going 5-7 in year 2. Not 8-4. That in itself would open up a whole can of worms regarding our monetary spending with recruits, because it’s been mentioned repeatedly on here that we are “smart with our investments” and refuse to get into a plethora of bidding wars. I’m not talking just 4-5 guys and some depth pieces with potential to go around it; I’m talking an entire class worth like they’re doing right now.

If it falls apart, then fantastic. Better for us. But they will be an interesting case study…a year after we called them poor.
I think they have more masses willing to take on the load and pay.

Advertisement
I have a question.... Why are you guys soooo sure that their class will fall apart with a bad season?? I mean..... Ours didn't 🤔

Why do we have fans who oversimplify so badly?

It's not just "bad season". Go back and read the posts I've made on the makeup of the Gaytor class (thus far) and the striking lack of OVs they've taken anywhere else.

I understand that you're not going to see the big picture until it's proven to you, but there is a difference between the way that Mario recruits, when he doesn't even take verbals the first moment guys are ready to give them, and encourages guys to take visits that are already scheduled (though he discourages last minute visits that guys try to do for cash), and the type of thing that we are seeing at Florida currently.

Very few of the Florida recruits have taken any comparable visits (and, no, I don't include South Carolina) and very few of them are being heavily and competitively recruited (and I'm not just talking about a visit to UGa for an Atlanta kid who is one week away from announcing). If and when that "competive recruiting" changes, then several guys in their class may have much tougher decisions to make. ****, we nearly got Aldarius to flip a week after his OV to Florida (and might still), so what do you think might happen once the losses pile up and the competitors come a'calling for the Gaytor verbals.

Again, it's not "bad season". It has everything to do with what the recruits expect to see, and what kind of a product is put on the field. There's a difference between Miami explaining to kids that we had a lot of guys we needed to cycle out, versus the Gaytors continuing to flop with the #4 overall drafted player on the roster. "Bad seasons" are not all equal.

It's not just "bad season". Go back and read the posts I've made on the makeup of the Gaytor class (thus far) and the striking lack of OVs they've taken anywhere else.

I understand that you're not going to see the big picture until it's proven to you, but there is a difference between the way that Mario recruits, when he doesn't even take verbals the first moment guys are ready to give them, and encourages guys to take visits that are already scheduled (though he discourages last minute visits that guys try to do for cash), and the type of thing that we are seeing at Florida currently.

Very few of the Florida recruits have taken any comparable visits (and, no, I don't include South Carolina) and very few of them are being heavily and competitively recruited (and I'm not just talking about a visit to UGa for an Atlanta kid who is one week away from announcing). If and when that "competive recruiting" changes, then several guys in their class may have much tougher decisions to make. ****, we nearly got Aldarius to flip a week after his OV to Florida (and might still), so what do you think might happen once the losses pile up and the competitors come a'calling for the Gaytor verbals.

Again, it's not "bad season". It has everything to do with what the recruits expect to see, and what kind of a product is put on the field. There's a difference between Miami explaining to kids that we had a lot of guys we needed to cycle out, versus the Gaytors continuing to flop with the #4 overall drafted player on the roster. "Bad seasons" are not all equal.
Okay. That's a very reasonable response.

Very strong post as usual from you.

I will say, Hayes didn’t flip because of $$$. Which goes back to my point regarding if money will offset results for them…and only time will tell here.

Advertisement
Okay. That's a very reasonable response.

No problem.

I realize it's just a "hypothesis" right now, but if you look at the Gaytor class and the OVs they've taken, it's very possible to conclude that when they DO have some additional recruiting opportunties...that they just miiiiight be vulnerable to flips.

Right now, the Gaytor class is Mayo from An Officer And A Gentleman...

1687812313717.png

Good lord, you're a crybaby. From the "insiders gone rouge" nonsense to this, you might be the softest-shouldered whiner on the board right now.

And did the insiders go Moulin Rouge or Baton Rouge?
I'm messing around man. Theres nobody on the board more confident in Mario & co. I'm here 9 years. I've seen it all. You think us not landing recruits in June bothers me? I watched No D lineup our corners 40 yards off WR's. I'm good.

plenty of things to worry about with our program, but recruiting ain't one of them as long as Mario is here. we'll be more than fine

Advertisement
Very strong post as usual from you.

I will say, Hayes didn’t flip because of $$$. Which goes back to my point regarding if money will offset results for them…and only time will tell here.

Right, I'm not saying everything is money. Whatever the factors are for each individual recruit...might be depth chart...might be position coach/development...whatever it is, you have to identify that and make the best pitch. ****, there are even kids for whom money IS important who might be more interested in slightly less upfront NIL money if you point out that you will show them how to market themselves and make ten times as much as a pro athlete involved in NFL endorsements and whatnot.

It's one thing when a kid has a Top Five and all five schools are pursuing ardently. But not everyone is that level of recruit.

So what? We had the kid on an official visit?

Two things can happen.

We can like OTHER players more. AND we can cool on this particular kid.

Both things happened.

There are some recruits who, when they get a bigger NIL offer elsewhere, we will match or exceed on the NIL side.

And there are other recruits who, when they have interest in another school, we say "good luck kid".

Hawkins was the latter.

It's not a battle if you aren't fighting and you just don't give a ****.
Sounds good!

Advertisement
Back