2024 WR Jeremiah Smith (Commits to OSU 12/14/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its amazing that we have been terrible for a decade plus, his entire life and our fanbase thinks kids should have loyalty to usšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚that **** is hilarious to me man
Ehā€¦ thatā€™s not the whole story. Some of us thought he was tweeting that stuff from UM so itā€™s more palatable if he wasnā€™t, as far as Iā€™m concerned. Plenty of us donā€™t blame kids at certain positions for going elsewhere but also donā€™t want them on campus recruiting for other programs. Iā€™d move on from this one and focus on guys we have a reasonable chance of landing. This isnā€™t one of them IMO.

Advertisement
Im not saying they donā€™t go to mid programs im saying why do we expect loyalty from them when we have been trash their entire life? Just based on paper we wouldnā€™t even have a chance at any of them only reason we do is cause were we are located. But if u really think that sfe **** matters more than osu being an elite program then go ahead, them sfe coaches have little influence man these kids have family, even high school coaches have more influence.
U sound like SFE apologist when people here who know the circuit says they actively push players to Ohio. And i dont care if they do. Stay ova there. Stop letting them run u around for 7 months when u can use that time on kids who u do have a chance with.

We won 19 games in 2 years with Mark Richt and i dont remember no crazy recruiting bump.

People here said it wasnt about wins, it was another batch of excuses. We had highly ranked defenses with Manny aka performances. They still went elsewhere. They are free to do that. Just done with yall making excuses.

Dawson gonna put up yards and points and this boy is not coming here.

U sound like SFE apologist when people here who know the circuit says they actively push players to Ohio. And i dont care if they do. Stay ova there. Stop letting them run u around for 7 months when u can use that time on kids who u do have a chance with.

We won 19 games in 2 years with Mark Richt and i dont remember no crazy recruiting bump.

People here said it wasnt about wins, it was another batch of excuses. We had highly ranked defenses with Manny aka performances. They still went elsewhere. They are free to do that. Just done with yall making excuses.

Truth. It has never been about wins.

We gotta start putting skill players in the league, and as high picks.. simple.

Bags arenā€™t the problem anymore.. the most talented kids, the 5 star guys want to make sure you putting them in position.

We gotta start changing the narrative NOW! starting with TVD.
Gotta recruit top kids in order to do that.

Guys like Smith, George, etc would be 5th round - free agent picks if they left.

Advertisement
Gotta recruit top kids in order to do that.

Guys like Smith, George, etc would be 5th round - free agent picks if they left.
Others can develop 3 star and low end 4 stars but we can't? Our development has been lacking for almost 2 decades. **** even our higher ranked guys haven't been developing. We all wanted Smith and George here and now they aren't good enough.

Is it possibleā€¦ maybe, that he was encouraged by the staff to tweet pro-OSU once it got out he was on campus šŸ¤”?
Smfh now thatā€™s a first. The stories people make up when the truth is staring them right in the face. Remarkable.

Advertisement
any context to how the visit Saturday went? besides him still tweeting about OSU?

Key excerpts/paraphrases:

The five-star receiver has continued to allow Miami to recruit him despite being committed to Ohio State since Dec. 2022, and the Hurricanes took a small step forward after Smith saw his first Miami practice.

ā€œI really just wanted to see how everything is down here,ā€ Smith said. ā€œHow everything is with the new offensive coordinator, coach (Shannon) Dawson, the new receivers coach, coach KB, coach Kevin Beard, and really just seeing how the offense is and how the coaches are and the scheme theyā€™re running this year. Iā€™m loving it. Iā€™m loving what Iā€™m seeing right now. So letā€™s just see how the season goes now. Iā€™ll come back down probably in the summer or in a week or two from now and see how everything is.ā€

Smith said he doesnā€™t want to take an official visit to Miami since Coral Gables is less than an hour away from him and he feels he can drop into campus at any time.

He has repeatedly said he needs to see Miami improve offensively to pull him away from Ohio State, but he likes how the Canesā€™ revamped offense looks early in the year. Miami focused most of Smithā€™s visit around film study and interactions with Dawson, Beard and head coach Mario Cristobal, who wanted to show Smith how he could fit into Dawsonā€™s offensive system. Dawson told Smith he wants to use him the way he used Tank Dell at Houston. Dell led the country in receiving yards and touchdowns and finished second nationally in receptions.

ā€œHe had a way he used Tank Dell, he was telling me I could have that role where he moves me around the offense and stuff like that,ā€ Smith said. ā€œAnd with coach KB, he was just really showing me the really strong fundamentals I can use as a receiver. Thatā€™s really it, then coach KB and coach Cristobal telling me that Iā€™m needed here ā€” that we can change the program.ā€

Miami emphasized to Smith that he can be a day one starter at Miami and immediately contribute.

Smith saw Miami land its 2024 quarterback last night when Gray (Ga.) Jones County three-star signal caller Judd Anderson committed to the Canes. Smith said he sees upside in the quarterback.

ā€œHeā€™s a great quarterback,ā€ Smith said. ā€œCoaches were talking great about him. Iā€™ve seen clips of him play. Heā€™s got a strong arm, decent arm, accuracy is good, big-time quarterback. He feels like Philip Rivers a little bit. Heā€™s a great quarterback to me, for sure.ā€

Smith is also the 7-on-7 teammate of four-star quarterback Air Noland, the No. 4 quarterback in the On300, who Miami was also attempting to recruit. Noland is scheduled to announce his commitment this evening and Ohio State is a favorite, but Smith said he doesnā€™t feel like Nolandā€™s commitment will have massive influence on his own decision.

Donā€™t expect Miami to slow down on Smith anytime soon, or expect the Canes to give up on scheduling an official. But the Canes are going to have to play the long game with Smith, particularly since heā€™s said he wants to see in-season offensive improvement before he considers flipping.

Big facts

Others can develop 3 star and low end 4 stars but we can't? Our development has been lacking for almost 2 decades. **** even our higher ranked guys haven't been developing. We all wanted Smith and George here and now they aren't good enough.
I get what youā€™re saying, but we routinely get the wrong guys.. see Zay Flowers. Not only have we not developed properly but the evaluation part is the biggest issue. Just look at the WRs weā€™ve brought in since Shannon. The list is long and many of those guys had low ceilings.

The guys who ended up developing into something had 1 thing in common: work ethic

Travis Benjiman (very good speed and work wthic)
Leonard Hanker (work ethic)
Phillip Dorsett (speed and work ethic)
Allen Hurns (work ethic)
Braxton Berrios (short area quickness and work ethic)

I donā€™t count guys like KJ Osborne or the kid from OU

We routinely recruit WRs who are ****** lazy and poses zero work ethic. You canā€™t turn chicken **** into chicken salad. Youā€™ve got to get the evaluation correct.

Ehā€¦ thatā€™s not the whole story. Some of us thought he was tweeting that stuff from UM so itā€™s more palatable if he wasnā€™t, as far as Iā€™m concerned. Plenty of us donā€™t blame kids at certain positions for going elsewhere but also donā€™t want them on campus recruiting for other programs. Iā€™d move on from this one and focus on guys we have a reasonable chance of landing. This isnā€™t one of them IMO.
Yea i was referring to something else

Advertisement

You just lied man lmao

Just ignore that manny landed a top 10 class with top sfla guys, kam james LT u familiar lol? He just was a mid recruiter and terrible evaluator

I dont make excuses, they dont need none i just see how delusional this fanbase is

Last edited:
You just lied man lmao

Just ignore that manny landed a top 10 class with top sfla guys, kam james LT u familiar lol? He just was a mid recruiter and terrible evaluator

I dont make excuses, they dont need none i just see how delusional this fanbase is
All Iā€™ll say about that year is that Covid really made a difference in our favor.

Key excerpts/paraphrases:

The five-star receiver has continued to allow Miami to recruit him despite being committed to Ohio State since Dec. 2022, and the Hurricanes took a small step forward after Smith saw his first Miami practice.

ā€œI really just wanted to see how everything is down here,ā€ Smith said. ā€œHow everything is with the new offensive coordinator, coach (Shannon) Dawson, the new receivers coach, coach KB, coach Kevin Beard, and really just seeing how the offense is and how the coaches are and the scheme theyā€™re running this year. Iā€™m loving it. Iā€™m loving what Iā€™m seeing right now. So letā€™s just see how the season goes now. Iā€™ll come back down probably in the summer or in a week or two from now and see how everything is.ā€

Smith said he doesnā€™t want to take an official visit to Miami since Coral Gables is less than an hour away from him and he feels he can drop into campus at any time.

He has repeatedly said he needs to see Miami improve offensively to pull him away from Ohio State, but he likes how the Canesā€™ revamped offense looks early in the year. Miami focused most of Smithā€™s visit around film study and interactions with Dawson, Beard and head coach Mario Cristobal, who wanted to show Smith how he could fit into Dawsonā€™s offensive system. Dawson told Smith he wants to use him the way he used Tank Dell at Houston. Dell led the country in receiving yards and touchdowns and finished second nationally in receptions.

ā€œHe had a way he used Tank Dell, he was telling me I could have that role where he moves me around the offense and stuff like that,ā€ Smith said. ā€œAnd with coach KB, he was just really showing me the really strong fundamentals I can use as a receiver. Thatā€™s really it, then coach KB and coach Cristobal telling me that Iā€™m needed here ā€” that we can change the program.ā€

Miami emphasized to Smith that he can be a day one starter at Miami and immediately contribute.

Smith saw Miami land its 2024 quarterback last night when Gray (Ga.) Jones County three-star signal caller Judd Anderson committed to the Canes. Smith said he sees upside in the quarterback.

ā€œHeā€™s a great quarterback,ā€ Smith said. ā€œCoaches were talking great about him. Iā€™ve seen clips of him play. Heā€™s got a strong arm, decent arm, accuracy is good, big-time quarterback. He feels like Philip Rivers a little bit. Heā€™s a great quarterback to me, for sure.ā€

Smith is also the 7-on-7 teammate of four-star quarterback Air Noland, the No. 4 quarterback in the On300, who Miami was also attempting to recruit. Noland is scheduled to announce his commitment this evening and Ohio State is a favorite, but Smith said he doesnā€™t feel like Nolandā€™s commitment will have massive influence on his own decision.

Donā€™t expect Miami to slow down on Smith anytime soon, or expect the Canes to give up on scheduling an official. But the Canes are going to have to play the long game with Smith, particularly since heā€™s said he wants to see in-season offensive improvement before he considers flipping.
Can tell from his comments he has no ******* clue who Judd is.

Advertisement
All Iā€™ll say about that year is that Covid really made a difference in our favor.
For sure but itā€™s just funny it seems we turn a blind eye to the sfla kids we do get lol like i never hear about sfe or hs coaches or this diva **** when we get them. We just got wes and njalik in the middle of the coach getting fired lol where was the diva and unloyal talk then?

For sure but itā€™s just funny it seems we turn a blind eye to the sfla kids we do get lol like i never hear about sfe or hs coaches or this diva **** when we get them. We just got wes and njalik in the middle of the coach getting fired lol where was the diva and unloyal talk then?
Mario got those guys. I know the timeframe on Wes but those two were Mario.

SFE has been talked about on this board before. I think itā€™s been mentioned that their sponsor is an Ohio State guy. Theyā€™re not UM-friendly IMOā€¦ and theyā€™re not obliged to be either. We need to do more to combat that the same way.

People get why kids are choosing schools with a recent track record of success like Ohio State. That doesnā€™t mean we want them on UMā€™s campus recruiting for the enemy.

Jeremiah Smith literally seems to be Ohio Stateā€™s class ambassador. Iā€™ve seen some of the Twitter things. It does not make people emotional haters because they donā€™t want him around while heā€™s in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back