WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
He was always getting more responsibilities and had upward upward trajectory with the 49ers. Do you think the 49ers were just going to let him Walk? Kyle shanahan loves Hankerson and has put him under his wing for two years, he was always going to put up a fight.

The point im trying to make is the 49ers were always going to fight to keep him. Hankerson had an upward trajectory in the NFL before he even decided to interview. That 49ers staff gets picked cleaned every off-season for HCs and Coordinators, that didn't just change all of a sudden. The other variable is money, do you think they offered so much more for Hankerson that we couldn't match? Idk usually the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL.

Is it possible that Hankerson interviewed with the mindset he was going to accept the job if offered and then he got a call from his ol buddy Kyle to make his final sales pitch? That sales pitch could of reminded him about the stability he currently has with the 49ers and how if he stays he will be a OC or HC in no time and to sweeten the deal he will match what the Canes are offering. Hankerson then sits down and realizes it's probably in his best interest to stay with the 49ers after just a day before wanting the Canes job. That's what I view as cold feet, he was planning on doing something and then the last second backed out for whatever reasons.

Regardless both sides of the argument are just opinions, none of us know what truly happened behind closed doors. I'm giving my opinion just like you are giving yours, neither of us have concrete evidence on why he decided to stay.

He was always getting more responsibilities and had upward upward trajectory with the 49ers.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? You just SAY IT "he was always getting more responsibilities". REALLY? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Do you think the 49ers were just going to let him Walk?

AGAIN, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Hank interviewed for 2 weeks. The big 49ers counteroffer did not come until the very end. Unlike you, I don't pretend to know what is going on in the minds of people I don't know, like Shanahan. But what we DO KNOW is that the extra money could have been promised AT ANY TIME over several weeks. I have no idea whether the 49ers were checking out the market and decided there were no better options. But unlike you, I can admit to what I don't know.

Kyle shanahan loves Hankerson and has put him under his wing for two years, he was always going to put up a fight.

FOR THE THIRD TIME, HOW IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU KNOW THIS? "Put him under his wing for two years"? What in the **** does that even mean? You mean "paid him a paycheck for two years and was otherwise happy with his job performance"? Sure. Again, as has been made abundantly clear, Hank's wife and kids lived in SoFla. Maybe it was for $$$ reasons. Maybe it's because he didn't think the NFL job was secure enough to move his whole family west. WHATEVER the reason, he got the assurances he needed to feel good about staying in CA instead of moving back with his family in FL.

Hankerson had an upward trajectory in the NFL before he even decided to interview.

So what? WTF is "upward trajectory" (and don't try to use your ***** as an example)? Was Hankerson promoted? Given a raise? Just "being liked and admired", in and of itself, does not constitute an "upward trajectory". Again, multiple posters have described the things that were said and done for Hank to convince him to stay in SF, therefore the things that YOU are alluding to were just illusory, at least to Hank. Now that he has MORE CONCRETE assurances, in both words and $$$, I'm happy for him, but the REASON he was about to join UM was because he would have gotten more money and there are a lot more OC-type job opportunities in college than in the NFL. PLUS HE IS A UM ALUM AND LOVES UM, which you consistently undervalue as a decision-factor, as you are not a UM alum.

The other variable is money, do you think they offered so much more for Hankerson that we couldn't match? Idk usually the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL.

YOU JUST MAKE **** UP. Do you know what the term "usually" means? It would indicate "greater than 50%". So where is your statistical proof that "the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL". ****, I don't even know what that word-salad means, but you seem ABNORMALLY FIXATED on this concept that "we could match". And you have NO IDEA what the negotation was. You have NO IDEA if Miami had the right to match, or if SF had the right to match, at least in Hank's decision process. You just keep repeating it, "Miami could match", over and over and over and over again. Without even knowing if that is true.

And for the thousandth time, NONE OF THIS IS YOUR OPINION. All of this is about you (a) using incorrect vocabulary, and (b) assuming multiple facts and arguments of which you have NO IDEA.

And, no, I'm not letting you walk about with some "there are good people on both sides" nonsense. This isn't "we can agree to disagree".

You are wrong, definitionally. And you have invented facts to support your ridiculous "opinion".

That's the god's honest truth.

What TOC said.
Really no reason to hate him. He makes a great plus 1 for a certain dinner party

E3AEE3EB-6725-498C-ABFE-171CF1BB097C.gif

Advertisement
The 49ers job was always the better job though? How did that all of a sudden become true at the last minute? When he decided to come and interview for a lateral move it was always a poor career decision. The pull was supposed to be he wanted to help revive his Alma matter and bring them back to their glory days and take a lesser job, at the last minute he decided against it.

At this point, it is obvious that you are being a fake-obtuse troll.

NO, the "pull" was not solely that "he wanted to help revive his alma mater and bring them back to their glory days and take a lesser job". That is just **** that YOU INVENT.

It has been made VERY clear that Hank's wife and kids still live in SoFla. And having MORE money in SoFla (which is a bit more affordable than the Bay Area) and a potential fast-track to college OC jobs was ALSO part of the "pull".

But you refuse to acknowlege or admit that. So when you look at only half of the facts, it's easy for you to whine about how your "cold feet" comment is still valid (in your opinion, of course).

Enough. Until you are willing to have an honest conversation, you are just trolling.

Who did we get for EDGE/OLB coach? Hearing Jason Taylor and then backup plan could be Ed O
Bruh... C'mon mane. That ain't happening. The UM powerbrokers would NEVER sign off on that one. Too many of them are still around and they remember the stuff he "allegedly" did the last time he was on a UM staff. Unless things have changed, that would be a straight up....
Season 2 No GIF by Martin
.......as soon as Mario mentioned that name.

No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).
To be fair, I think she married the ex-boyfriend just because he understood the meaning of cold feet….even though he was still dead

Advertisement
He was always getting more responsibilities and had upward upward trajectory with the 49ers.

HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? You just SAY IT "he was always getting more responsibilities". REALLY? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

AGAIN, HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS? Hank interviewed for 2 weeks. The big 49ers counteroffer did not come until the very end. Unlike you, I don't pretend to know what is going on in the minds of people I don't know, like Shanahan. But what we DO KNOW is that the extra money could have been promised AT ANY TIME over several weeks. I have no idea whether the 49ers were checking out the market and decided there were no better options. But unlike you, I can admit to what I don't know.

Kyle shanahan loves Hankerson and has put him under his wing for two years, he was always going to put up a fight.

FOR THE THIRD TIME, HOW IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU KNOW THIS? "Put him under his wing for two years"? What in the **** does that even mean? You mean "paid him a paycheck for two years and was otherwise happy with his job performance"? Sure. Again, as has been made abundantly clear, Hank's wife and kids lived in SoFla. Maybe it was for $$$ reasons. Maybe it's because he didn't think the NFL job was secure enough to move his whole family west. WHATEVER the reason, he got the assurances he needed to feel good about staying in CA instead of moving back with his family in FL.

Hankerson had an upward trajectory in the NFL before he even decided to interview.

So what? WTF is "upward trajectory" (and don't try to use your ***** as an example)? Was Hankerson promoted? Given a raise? Just "being liked and admired", in and of itself, does not constitute an "upward trajectory". Again, multiple posters have described the things that were said and done for Hank to convince him to stay in SF, therefore the things that YOU are alluding to were just illusory, at least to Hank. Now that he has MORE CONCRETE assurances, in both words and $$$, I'm happy for him, but the REASON he was about to join UM was because he would have gotten more money and there are a lot more OC-type job opportunities in college than in the NFL. PLUS HE IS A UM ALUM AND LOVES UM, which you consistently undervalue as a decision-factor, as you are not a UM alum.

The other variable is money, do you think they offered so much more for Hankerson that we couldn't match? Idk usually the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL.

YOU JUST MAKE **** UP. Do you know what the term "usually" means? It would indicate "greater than 50%". So where is your statistical proof that "the top position coaches in college make more then the NFL". ****, I don't even know what that word-salad means, but you seem ABNORMALLY FIXATED on this concept that "we could match". And you have NO IDEA what the negotation was. You have NO IDEA if Miami had the right to match, or if SF had the right to match, at least in Hank's decision process. You just keep repeating it, "Miami could match", over and over and over and over again. Without even knowing if that is true.

And for the thousandth time, NONE OF THIS IS YOUR OPINION. All of this is about you (a) using incorrect vocabulary, and (b) assuming multiple facts and arguments of which you have NO IDEA.

And, no, I'm not letting you walk about with some "there are good people on both sides" nonsense. This isn't "we can agree to disagree".

You are wrong, definitionally. And you have invented facts to support your ridiculous "opinion".

****, that's a really long response.... I'm surprised you actually sat down and wrote something like that. You are definitely more worried about being right on the Internet then I am, so I'll give you the satisfaction you want. You are right and I am wrong, I hope it's everything you wanted bud.

Advertisement
****, that's a really long response.... I'm surprised you actually sat down and wrote something like that. You are definitely more worried about being right on the Internet then I am, so I'll give you the satisfaction you want. You are right and I am wrong, I hope it's everything you wanted bud.

I cut-and-pasted some. And I type fast. Thanks for your concern.

Last edited:
Seriously, do you think Ed O going to give up the life? So that he can go work his *** off as a position coach? I’m not trying to be a smart ***, but think about it.
Ed O probably thinks this staff drinks too much. Where's @Cajuncane? I need him to translate this into Orgeroneese:

"Those gentlemen consume alcohol in an irresponsible manner. I'm not desirous of a DUI charge."

Advertisement

And what does us matching or being able to match the 49er’s offer have to do with “cold feet” here anyway??? That they upped an offer shows it was about the deal they made him.

Advertisement
Back