WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
now that the staff is pretty much set, Im hoping that if the chemistry and fit are good (which it wasn't last season), that they stick around a bit. I know that may be wishful thinking with the way the coaching profession is nowadays. With the transfer portal and NIL, there's a chance many guys prefer the NFL gigs

But just looking back, most of our best staffs have been ones where they core unit stuck together for a few years at least. Jimmy Johnson's first real staff beginning in 85, had very few changes outside of Paul Jette (who was replaced by Wanny) till most of them left for Dallas

Butch's core staff was pretty stable, outside of Bill Miller who was replaced after the defense fell apart late in the 98 season

Lets hope Mario got it right this time around

Staff turnover is happening everywhere in college. Dudes are bouncing for the nFl first chance they get.

If you band all the dummies, this site would be a ghost town.
Mel Brooks Morons GIF

now that the staff is pretty much set, Im hoping that if the chemistry and fit are good (which it wasn't last season), that they stick around a bit. I know that may be wishful thinking with the way the coaching profession is nowadays. With the transfer portal and NIL, there's a chance many guys prefer the NFL gigs

But just looking back, most of our best staffs have been ones where they core unit stuck together for a few years at least. Jimmy Johnson's first real staff beginning in 85, had very few changes outside of Paul Jette (who was replaced by Wanny) till most of them left for Dallas

Butch's core staff was pretty stable, outside of Bill Miller who was replaced after the defense fell apart late in the 98 season

Lets hope Mario got it right this time around
Who did we get for EDGE/OLB coach? Hearing Jason Taylor and then backup plan could be Ed O

Advertisement
I'd also add something simple. We actually HAVE had some posters with knowledge talk about the SF counter-offer, and yet MackBammer STILL insists on calling it "cold feet", when that term is inaccurate to describe what actually happened.

I could understand MackBammer being wrong once in a while, but why he insists on doubling down on an incocrect post over and over again, I'll never figure out.
Over It Ugh GIF

No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).
Be A Hero GIF by SomeGoodNews

The official definition of Cold Feet

apprehension or doubt strong enough to prevent a planned course of action.

The 49ers were always going to give him a raise though if another team was trying to lure him. Do you think we wouldn't of matched the money?
I personally find it hard to believe that any NFL team is being leveraged into a raise by a positions coach flirting with a lateral move back to college. The Niners had a nice year and Kyle Shanahan is a current offensive "golden boy/guru". Everyone on that staff is currently blessed with that shine/hype- kinda like how Kenny was in Buffalo.

If Hank or any other positions coach there got a raise it was probably already theirs for the asking and not due to any perceived threat of anyone returning to their alma mater under the same job title.

Just my opinion. Sometimes I've overestimated the actual intelligence of NFL execs and college administrators too- so who knows?

Advertisement
No. The necessary underlying assumption of "getting cold feet" is there is no change in circumstances (aside from the person's own growing apprehension about proceeding with a course of action). That is the point.

Hypothetically, if your GF agrees to marry you, but later learns her well-hung and better-looking-than-you ex-boyfriend -- who was presumed dead at sea in a fishing accident -- actually survived and became ultra-wealthy after suing the charter boat and still wants to marry her, so she accepts his wedding proposal and backs out of yours, that's not cold feet. The circumstances changed. She got a better offer. And so she took a (previously unavailable) course of action.

Now, if a week before the wedding that same hypothetical fiancé says, "I can't marry a man with ED" (when she already knew about your ED when she accepted the proposal) and suddenly calls off the engagement, leaving the country to get pounded for a week at a Caribbean Sandals resort with her ****** girlfriends, in that instance she got cold feet. She had all the information at the time she made her initial decision, but backed out (without a better offer).
Monday Night Raw Reaction GIF by WWE

Mercy! 💀

Advertisement
I can't blame them, who in the world wants to re-recruit 60 guys each season, and stave off poachers

NFL is an easier job in a lot of ways

This right here. I have UM in my blood, but if it was about my career, I’d have a real hard time turning down the NFL.

Advertisement
The point I was trying to make was that wasn't the 49ers job always the better job from the beginning when he decided to take the interview with the goal of getting the job? Wasn't it always the better career path forward? Didn't he already know that from the beginning and still wanted to interview? Some posters say it's about money, in your opinion do you think we couldn't of matched it?

Not sure how being offered more money than he was making plus additional assurances to help advance his career could be mistaken as getting "cold feet"? Those weren't there before he was offered our job.

On the money part, maybe we could've. But we could never match the assurances of continued work w/ someone like a Shanahan looking out to groom you.

Advertisement
Back