WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Advertisement
4star WR that plays for Central

ok-alright.gif

Luckily we have an OC / scheme that kids want to play in so that alone should make a huge impact in recruiting.
This easily could’ve been a staff there that any other Miami head coach in the last 20 years would’ve been able to hire before all of the so-called changes in funding. In total, it’s suspect purely in terms of what all the money Miami supposedly is injecting to the program get us.

Last edited:
Hank was the homerun hire but I think Beard is going to do just fine. Good developer, comes from a nice complimentary scheme, well respected in the local community / by recruits and solid character.

Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being here for awhile and flips the narrative from mid hire to one of the fan favorites.

Agree and something I said as well last week.

Hank and Beard have a lot of similarities between both of them.

Advertisement
I’m basing this off Miami and his other stops. If he wasn’t a former Cane you and others would suddenly have altering opinions. That‘s just facts. Period.
This is 1000% true. If he did not go to Miami, he would never have been in consideration. It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t hire people who did go to Miami, but we should not hire people who only got hired as a result of them also having gone to Miami. As a wide receiver, coach, or a recruiter without the logo on his résumé, this board would be in total meltdown right now

Advertisement
Dawson actually worked under Holgorsen and Hal Mumme, correct me if i'm wrong but Candle has no link to an Air Raid tree.
He has no obvious link that I know of, to the trunk (Hal Mumme) of the Air Raid tree, but a lot of his scheme stems from there. A lot of his calls are even the same. Inside Zone, Shallow, Mesh, etc. He has a touch of Malzahn with the QB runs. He not part of the Air Raid tree per say, but he definitely was swinging off of a branch :ROFLMAO: . I played for Mumme at VSU. I know "air raid" principles when I see em.

I remember posting “ don’t be surprised if Manny takes the defense over rather than hiring a dc and I can respect that. He’s going out putting the defenses on himself”. Ironically his defense is what did him in.
Yeah I remember that being the moment I thought "welp, fire up the search firm".

Advertisement
This equally could’ve been a staff there any other Miami head coach in the last 20 years would’ve been able to hire before all of the so-called changes in funding. In total, it’s suspect purely in terms of what it all the money was supposedly are injecting to the program get us.
I can’t disagree.

Advertisement
Back