WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
That was his defense Denofrio was running , if he fires his butt buddy he admits his way of doing things was wrong. Something the fans and people around this program had been saying his first four years. There’s a reason the bum hasn’t been touched for close to a decade as a HC. He literally just got a coordinator gig for the first time since he left. I’m not sure where this narrative about Golden still being here if he’d fired MD but it’s ludicrous.

That’s the crux of the argument.

Folden was done because he was married to the scheme and by extension his boyfriend.

He switched it up on offense (brought in a faster pace) under Fisch than he was used to.

He was out of here regardless of his level of success. He was trying to get back into the B10 the minute he showed up here.

The more I think about it. Seems like Mario decided to go the G5 route hoping those guys were hungrier. Last year he brought in a staff of guys sans Ponce that had more cache. Full heel turn this time around with guys that should have something to prove.
Even Ponce was somewhat of a coup at the time. He was a playcalling OC that took a demotion to be our QB coach.

Well Kevin Beard won’t be blasting kids telling them “they’re the worst group he’s ever seen “, leaking bs out to the media to cover his *** , and will be much more respected. That’s not even counting being a far better person with actual character.

Advertisement
Recruits were happy on Twitter when we hired Gattis too and then told him to F off when he recruited them. Their reaction on social media means nothing.
They probably told him to F-off after they'd met him. Looked good on paper with the Broyle's Award, but even in the press conferences I could tell he was an ***.

This is still NASTY WORK!

Bring Hurlie Brown *** back just off of me watching this again.

LOL Beard got triggered when speed was mentioned because he never was fast. Paul Williams letting out silent farts on the chalk board while everyone speaks is another classic...CONSIDERING he was the **** db coach with no input. lmaoo..

No Frio was so smug about this dude because his relationship with them guys in delaware...that kids older brother was at Penn State at the time..eventually made it to the league as a good lb for the rams.
What player were they discussing?

Well Kevin Beard won’t be blasting kids telling them “they’re the worst group he’s ever seen “, leaking bs out to the media to cover his *** , and will be much more respected. That’s not even counting being a far better person with actual character.
Bill Murray Reaction GIF

Advertisement
That’s the crux of the argument.

Folden was done because he was married to the scheme and by extension his boyfriend.

He switched it up on offense (brought in a faster pace) under Fisch than he was used to.

He was out of here regardless of his level of success. He was trying to get back into the B10 the minute he showed up here.
I’ll never forget him going awol begging for the Psu job. He wouldn’t even pick up his phone lol. Then he shows up after getting turned down like a lost puppy.

As somebody that doesn’t hide his feelings well it was easy for me to see that was a broken man when he started doing media again. He knew he was cooked.

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you're seeing with that Tennessee WR coach. He spent FOUR YEARS bouncing around some horrible non Division I-A schools. He spent one year OFF-FIELD at Tennessee before being promoted when his predecessor left Tennessee for the NFL. Pope's been a D-1/P5 position coach for all of one year.

Pope may be the greatest WR coach of all time someday. Maybe. But on resume alone (which is what a lot of people are judging Beard by, not saying you, just a lot of self-proclaimed CIS experts), this guy Pope has one of the worst resumes I've ever seen for a high-P5 position coach. Now, resume is not necessarily a permanent handicap, but some people are acting like anyone with a resume like Beard will automatically lose every head-to-head with Baba Yaga Hartline.

I don't know what is about to happen with Beard, but it's very possible that he out-performs his "resume" in a similar fashion to what Pope seems to be doing at Tennessee. That's all.

There's only a 10-year differential in age, and a 7-year differential in length of coaching careers between Pope and Beard.

Not defending or anything. You know there were other guys I wanted more. I'm just saying that Beard has a shot to outperform "resume" and "expectations".
at the end of the day, beard wont matter if the offense performs. at Tenn, its their HC that will attract high end O talent. they want to play for heuphal

Advertisement
And to think that same guy was also our OC smh. Thank god that disaster is over

Advertisement
That was his defense Denofrio was running , if he fires his butt buddy he admits his way of doing things was wrong. Something the fans and people around this program had been saying his first four years. There’s a reason the bum hasn’t been touched for close to a decade as a HC. He literally just got a coordinator gig for the first time since he left. I’m not sure where this narrative about Golden still being here if he’d fired MD but it’s ludicrous.
Just like manny becoming a dead man walking as soon it was evident he needed to fire Baker

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back