WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
I am not saying Beard is great, but his personality and coaching blows Gattis away.

“Coaching”

Everybody praises Gattis as a WR coach when he was at PSU, Bama, and Michigan.

Then he gets here, where we have no talent, and he doesn’t even know how to coach anymore.

It’s almost like your reputation as a “coach” is really determined on signing day.

look given the amount of time we had to make these hires, this is underwhelming. it could have been worse though. id rather a guy who was on the upward trend in terms of career growth vs stagnant or downward but w.e. lets see the results on the field which is the ultimate judge anyways
Who did you want and don’t name hartline?

Mario is the kid in high school that always needed the entire period to finish what was a 15 minute quiz for everyone else.....and still ended up getting mostly C's anyway.

I'm not as down on the KB hire as some but Mario's "process" always makes these type of hires look like we ended up with no other options and had to go the local/alum/G5 route.
I think it's fine to pull from the g5 and smart too if guys are in the upward trend in terms of career growth. for me, it seems Beard was gonna be stuck in the g5 and didnt get another crack at it after tenn

“Coaching”

Everybody praises Gattis as a WR coach when he was at PSU, Bama, and Michigan.

Then he gets here, where we have no talent, and he doesn’t even know how to coach anymore.

It’s almost like your reputation as a “coach” is really determined on signing day.
Who praised him as a wr coach? Who has he produced?

Advertisement
Mario went for name recognition year 1

Year 2 he’s got the under the radar scrappers

I still don’t feel like this staff has the recruiting cache that we all expected

Oh well, one more spot to fill on Def. Here’s to hoping it’s a sniper with Big Joe lacking with DTs
Judging from last four months it won't be.

Screenshot_20230301_091931_Twitter.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back