WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Fun Fact:

Who knows what the results of the 2022 season would've been....but had UGA not poached BMAC (WRC/Co-OC for us), we never end up with Gattis and Ponce likely is named QBC/Co-OC and play caller.

So now that it's 98% certain that our new WR coach is Kevin Beard, let's get the DL/EDGE hire out the way so we can focus on football returning on Saturday.

Advertisement
Further proves Mario doesn’t give an F what fanbase thinks & nobody (not even staff) knows nothing.

Moving forward we can stop speculating & go off topic at will. Your opinions are irrelevant & most likely stupid.

Like it or, it’s Mario’s world. Mope status: Engaged

Happy for KB on a personal level. Bump in pay. Come home. Shut up his doubters. Feel vindicated. We’ll see

In true Miami fashion Beard will land Smith and JoJo sending this to classics after all this trashing of him.

I'm not high on the KB hire, but would absolutely love to be proven wrong. Same as I've always been when it comes to our beloved program. Tired of being right more often than not.

Advertisement
In true Miami fashion Beard will land Smith and JoJo sending this to classics after all this trashing of him.
I Guess The Breakfast Club GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Would love to be wrong man, in the end it’s all about putting up points. Do that and they’ll come.

I need to bump the Coach Field hiring thread to see if there was so many angry voices.

People acting like Banda, Patke, Cooney, former NFL coaches Randy Melvin and Jethro Franklin, and more all haven’t been employed in the past decade. Brennan Carol will likely never coach WRs again, the only time he coached WRs was at Miami. How much experience did Hartley truly have before Richt brought him over?

People were upset when Terry Richardson and George McDonald left, but would throw a fit if they were hired today. Does their new jobs mean they are now worse coaches?

I wonder if UGA fans complained as much when Richt hired Thomas Brown and Bryan McClendon.

Sometimes those big resumes don’t mean shxt and sometimes the blank resumes work out well.

Let the man get his feet wet before deciding if he is drowning.

Last edited:
For real? You mentioned 5 names and ended with the statement of ‘who else is out there?’ There are over a hundred candidates out there, with the budget given isn’t it the coaches job to conduct a search that hopefully includes a pool bigger than 5 of which 60% are alumni? At this point Beard is the guy so I’ll hope for the best but really?

Yes for real. As others have mentioned on this thread, maybe Miami isn't as attractive of a job as some of posters think and Mario had a lot of no thank you from WRC. How far down the list do you think Beard was?? I'm still hoping this is another smoke screen for an out of left field hire. Guess we will see today.

Yes for real. As others have mentioned on this thread, maybe Miami isn't as attractive of a job as some of posters think and Mario had a lot of no thank you from WRC. How far down the list do you think Beard was?? I'm still hoping this is another smoke screen for an out of left field hire. Guess we will see today.
I’m 100% cognizant that a Miami coaching position isn’t a top tier job but that still doesn’t really shrink that candidate pool that small, especially given the budget we are working with.

Advertisement
Never forget

Yes, Beard is here agreeing w/ D’No, too; going against a guy who shares the same bloodline as him. Coley, I can excuse; he ain’t from This U, but Beard???! This what ya’ll want, huh?
#Runitback

Shiiiiidddd.... maybe cuzz was just trying to keep a job. Shid, I know I've agreed to some dumb **** too in the past, to keep a check rolling in. :ROFLMAO:

Meh seems like a plan C but as I’ve stated in this thread WR coach isn’t that big of a deal. Just need to recruit and hopefully beard can do that on top of what Mario brings.

There is huge talent at WR locally in this class and Beard better get atleast 1

Advertisement
I'm not necessarily saying I totally disagree but this whole "Miami isn't that attractive a place to coach or for a positions corch" narrative needs a little more supporting evidence than most are providing.

What is it exactly?

It's not currently pay, facilities or the school's lack of embrace of athletics.

Is it just some "cloud" of longterm mediocrity?

Is it not wanting to deal with South Florida kids? Would you not be recruiting the same kids at other programs?

Is it the nonsense of "i CAnT rA1sE mAh faMLeE iN tHE M0rAL cEsSpoOl oF mIAmI!!!!"?

Or is it Mario specifically has some sort of stigma to work for?

Last edited:
Interesting that the reaction on the 247 Canes board is very different. They’re overwhelmingly happy about this.
Whether you like it or not it's a good hire.

1. Very good recruiter / Check
2. Good teacher / Check
3. Gets results on the field / Check
4. Young / Check

We haven't been able to land S. FL WR studs for years now but this guy can. He is very well liked by the kids down here.

Trader was already a heavy UM lean. Dawson will be the hire that gets wr‘s attention. Just being honest. Beard is what he is , not an awful hire but would be a very meh and lazy one imo.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back