WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
The jobs here at UM just are not as attractive as ya’ll think they are. All it really boils down to. It’s just not an attractive option and/or Mario isn’t the guy you think he is when closing on coaches. No amount of money will change that unless we start winning consistently. Get it through your heads, we just replaced all of our guys with G5 coaches, literally all 5. My money is on Wright’s replacement being the same once Taylor accepts an NFL job. Proof is in the pudding. Big time proven assistant coaches did not want this job and this past seasons results set us back even further in regards to that. All the hype from last off season and then 2022 happened and the hole got even deeper. We had the “big name” staff and got absolutely pummeled on the field, so why would any great coach is presumably a great situation leave that for us. The only guys to even consider it are guys who have UM ties (surprise).

And yes, I like the Guidry hire. Indifferent on Ice and Nicholson. Not crazy about the Dawson hire and don’t like this one at all. Write it down, take a pic, call me mope…really dgaf lol.
This argument is dumb, because last year your argument would fall 100% flat on it's face. Saying it's just not an attractive option when last year we literally went out ang got all "big name" P5 guys and a Qb coach who stepped away from an OC job... That didn't work and Mario is going a different direction. So to use this new direction as proof Miami isn't an attractive destination, literally doesn't make sense.
And my comment isn't about what you think of this staff btw. Purely saying using us getting G5 as evidence we aren't an attractive destination is dumb.

The jobs here at UM just are not as attractive as ya’ll think they are. All it really boils down to. It’s just not an attractive option and/or Mario isn’t the guy you think he is when closing on coaches. No amount of money will change that unless we start winning consistently. Get it through your heads, we just replaced all of our guys with G5 coaches, literally all 5. My money is on Wright’s replacement being the same once Taylor accepts an NFL job. Proof is in the pudding. Big time proven assistant coaches did not want this job and this past seasons results set us back even further in regards to that. All the hype from last off season and then 2022 happened and the hole got even deeper. We had the “big name” staff and got absolutely pummeled on the field, so why would any great coach is presumably a great situation leave that for us. The only guys to even consider it are guys who have UM ties (surprise).

And yes, I like the Guidry hire. Indifferent on Ice and Nicholson. Not crazy about the Dawson hire and don’t like this one at all. Write it down, take a pic, call me mope…really dgaf lol.
I don't care about names. I never heard of Guidry before he got hired. But I can understand the hire after what he did last year. It makes sense. So if you can hire a guy like Guidry you can hire his equivalent at WR coach. Mario wanted a Miami guy and got him. That has nothing to do with attractiveness of the job or a fan's misguided belief in the quality of job.

Advertisement
Miami definitely isn’t the job that this fan base thinks it is and I have said it before. These big name coaches that they want aren’t beating down the door to come here
What really sucks is that it felt like things were really changing last off-season with the new resources and commitment from the university. It also felt like with a proven HC (also like with Richt) we’d always be able to get solid p5 level assistants.

Now, we are just back to the golden/diaz type hires, where we don’t look like a serious program.

We're not still just giving him the benefit of the doubt are we? He lost all that with the failure of the 2022 staff. Also we were told Mario really wanted a Miami guy for this position. That's a **** way to approach a process no matter who the potential hire is.
I agree im saying with mario interview process people have said its alot on recruiting so he probably think beard is worthy there.

I have doubts about mario and all the hires he has made but im at a point where im just in wait n see mode with everything

Last edited:
Advertisement
I've been off the boards for a bit but is Beard hired?
A3EC65FD-5C7F-4353-BE4E-BA9399A6C318.jpeg
13A9D2B2-E3E2-4FDE-9BD7-48B376E2E60D.jpeg

Fair post...And I think there's definitely something to the smoke/rumors about Cristobal being very hard to work with/for.

I get that

But why not get a legit WR coach that has produced strong recruiting and onfield results at the P5 level to jump start the talent acquisition piece

It’s not either or
I agree, but he didn’t get a oc or dc that is proven on a p5 level either lol the whole situation is funny because mario was said to be this coach with a rolodex of coaches that would work with him

Advertisement
This argument is dumb, because last year your argument would fall 100% flat on it's face. Saying it's just not an attractive option when last year we literally went out ang got all "big name" P5 guys and a Qb coach who stepped away from an OC job... That didn't work and Mario is going a different direction. So to use this new direction as proof Miami isn't an attractive destination, literally doesn't make sense.
And my comment isn't about what you think of this staff btw. Purely saying using us getting G5 as evidence we aren't an attractive destination is dumb.

I was talking about this offseason, hence me saying “Big time proven assistant coaches did not want this job” and giving this season as even more fuel to the fire but cool.

What’s dumb is one assuming that because we hired all G5 dudes then that means that is what Mario set out to do from jump to go in a “different direction”, lol. But again, cool.

ED183866-DC09-42BB-8515-F06EBA6FDEA6.jpeg

The offensive hires have been highly suspect. I don’t love the OC hire or bringing back Beard. This feels like Manny Diaz putting together a staff.

Advertisement
It’s funny how y’all act towards beard now but when he was wr coach here y’all was beating off to clips of him teaching the wrs lol
I think the fanbase or at least some of us are long past the days of getting excited because a coach used to play at Miami.

Hurlie
Beard
Kehoe
Rumph
Richt
Mario
Reed(whatever he was actually doing)

Not great the last 8-10 years

Advertisement
Back