WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
If Beard ended up with the job, though I think we can and should do better, I’m not going to pout and riot. I’ll be fine and hope he does well though I’d much prefer Hankerson given where he’s coming from in SF and knowing his story with drops, Duper then success. I have no idea if Hank can recruit. If our RB and TE coach can then I’m ok with that on top of Mario. I want a good technician at WR coach. We’ll have recruiters around him. If he can do both, even better.
Hank reached out weeks ago and has been interviewed twice. Last time was with Dawson. What makes no sense is people on here complain to no end about Mario and his time lines. Then they complain about due to the staff he hired and going after big names there was no cohesiveness. Now he adjusts that and involves Dawson in the process because it's his offense that the wr coach needs to be intricately involved with in order to be effective. So he's addressed all complaints but all people do is adjust what they ***** about and come back for more. Some people simply need to be miserable.

Never understood the addae hate, i think he’s one of our best coaches
real housewives of new york city wtf GIF

Hank reached out weeks ago and has been interviewed twice. Last time was with Dawson. What makes no sense is people on here complain to no end about Mario and his time lines. Then they complain about due to the staff he hired and going after big names there was no cohesiveness. Now he adjusts that and involves Dawson in the process because it's his offense that the wr coach needs to be intricately involved with in order to be effective. So he's addressed all complaints but all people do is adjust what they ***** about and come back for more. Some people simply need to be miserable.
It’s called..

1677362490161.gif

Advertisement
It’s the same people that kick the can all the way down the “debate” and then the emergency break glass “show me it on the field” line comes out

Like we all don’t ******* understand that 😂

If that’s the case then just shut down the board until September then…

I like the fact that Hank initiated contact. Awesome that Dawson met with him…hope they had good chemistry with what they went over. Cribby mentioned on the podcast that Hank coached in the air raid at Stephen Austin so I would assume he is still familiar with the concepts.

@AlphaMarshan

It’s like how Swasey gets credit for S&C when he also was handed straight up killers who lived and breathed the game

Hartline is a beast obviously and it sure helps when you’re given elite clients to work with

We need to get better at both
Welp considering I spent a good amount of time with swase what I'll say is most of us HE was responsible for developing a good chunk of our work ethic. Not many of us were ELITE before we got with butch and staff and I thank God every day for the role they each played in developing us as men and the the work ethic necessary to succeed in life. Our things is once it was introduced to us we ate it up like hungry wolves. We couldn't get enough. Because as a whole we were held accountable. Not only by our coaches but FAR more importantly we were held accountable by each other. That's the biggest difference we need to see before we really turn that corner and expect success. When we start DEMANDING it out of each other. I do understand the point with Hartline and he's definitely been gave the best of the best. But it'll be interesting to see within two years tops (as he's been interviewing for hc spots) what he does when he can't simply hide behind the osu brand. Personally I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a stud on his own but we'll have to see how he delegates.

Welp considering I spent a good amount of time with swase what I'll say is most of us HE was responsible for developing a good chunk of our work ethic. Not many of us were ELITE before we got with butch and staff and I thank God every day for the role they each played in developing us as men and the the work ethic necessary to succeed in life. Our things is once it was introduced to us we ate it up like hungry wolves. We couldn't get enough. Because as a whole we were held accountable. Not only by our coaches but FAR more importantly we were held accountable by each other. That's the biggest difference we need to see before we really turn that corner and expect success. When we start DEMANDING it out of each other. I do understand the point with Hartline and he's definitely been gave the best of the best. But it'll be interesting to see within two years tops (as he's been interviewing for hc spots) what he does when he can't simply hide behind the osu brand. Personally I wouldn't be shocked to see him become a stud on his own but we'll have to see how he delegates.
Oh my man what I said was not meant to criticize Swasey at all

I was more speaking to the need for synergy between coach and player, **** no matter what field we are talking about

I’ve been in the S&C game a lot and it gets exhausting when people constantly says who’s trash and who isn’t, but so much of it comes back to what kind of attitude they are given as well. Big topic of course.

We get into these super black and white debates here sometimes and it’s just like that’s not how life works haha, especially with the amount of distractions kids got these days

We also need some leadership from the kids but that’s a whole other topic

Advertisement
This! OSU system benefits the wide receivers. I think Tennessee's system will be claiming the same (WRU) in a few years

Hartline recruits receivers that have certain traits. Most of his receivers are shifty and have great speed. He does not take **** and make sugar

It's a whole lot easier to recruit with proven results. I've heard, mind you it was from someone Hartline wasn't particularly interested in, that he (Hartline) was not the most personable guy.

But truthfully, who needs to be a superstar when you can say to any 5-star "do you remember (insert name).. a few years ago I got him to commit, and now he's leaving for the draft. Just like, JSN, Olave, Garrett Wilson, etc. " .... and those are just the name from that last few seasons. Guys like Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Michael Thomas are still in the league. That's alot for any family/recruit to overlook.

Honestly, a hate OSU as much as anyone, but if I had a 5star WR in my family, I'd put my emotions aside.

To recruit against OSU, without playing a **** game, we will need someone who has proved their worth already.

@AlphaMarshan

It’s like how Swasey gets credit for S&C when he also was handed straight up killers who lived and breathed the game

Hartline is a beast obviously and it sure helps when you’re given elite clients to work with

We need to get better at both
I’ve heard this before “the best”
Best at what? What is he teaching that nobody else is?
Now if you say that day and Hartline are recruiting straight killers at receiver and qb and have a great system in place then I get it.

But to say that Hartline is gonna go to vandy and they’re gonna string off 2 first rounders every year cause he’s some receiving savant is quite a stretch.

Friday I was told Wr was finishing up , interviews were over and it could be announced soon.

When I was told this with other coordinator or coaching positions it was announced no longer than 2-3 days later. OC, DC, and Rb all had the same timeline. I was told that the weekend before and they were announced early the next week. I want to say all three that Tuesday.

I randomly posted 😐 in the OC thread because of Dawson . I later posted “ soon” and he was announced 24 hours later. With Guidry it was an hour later. Harris I posted “ you won’t be surprised by the name “ 20 minutes before it leaked out. I posted “ soon “ with wr yesterday afternoon . I feel like it will have the same timeline or in that ballpark.

It's a whole lot easier to recruit with proven results. I've heard, mind you it was from someone Hartline wasn't particularly interested in, that he (Hartline) was not the most personable guy.

But truthfully, who needs to be a superstar when you can say to any 5-star "do you remember (insert name).. a few years ago I got him to commit, and now he's leaving for the draft. Just like, JSN, Olave, Garrett Wilson, etc. " .... and those are just the name from that last few seasons. Guys like Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Michael Thomas are still in the league. That's alot for any family/recruit to overlook.

Honestly, a hate OSU as much as anyone, but if I had a 5star WR in my family, I'd put my emotions aside.

To recruit against OSU, without playing a **** game, we will need someone who has proved their worth already.
I view Hartline as a good evaluator and a good coach with a really good offense. They all combine for his success

Advertisement
My gripe and others were about the hiring process last go round, having coaches hired before the coordinators. This go round he‘s doing it a more logical way and as you said people are now mad about that too lol. Theres no satisfying some of these guys.

My gripe and others were about the hiring process last go round, having coaches hired before the coordinators. This go round he‘s doing it a more logical way and as you said people are now mad about that too lol. Theres no satisfying some of these guys.
Who you think the WR coach will be?

Advertisement
I’ve heard this before “the best”
Best at what? What is he teaching that nobody else is?
Now if you say that day and Hartline are recruiting straight killers at receiver and qb and have a great system in place then I get it.

But to say that Hartline is gonna go to vandy and they’re gonna string off 2 first rounders every year cause he’s some receiving savant is quite a stretch.
I agree there’s nuance to all this stuff that we rarely delve into on this board

I feel responsible for attempting to do my part in derailing another pathetic thread, so I'd simply like to say jim larranga old senile *** is a liability and Harland Beverly should never pick up a basketball again in his life & larranga should be put in a home. Okay let's see if that works

Advertisement
Back