WR Coach Candidates

Season 2 Omg GIF by Rick and Morty

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Hankerson interviewed I would assume he wants the job.
If Beard ended up with the job, though I think we can and should do better, I’m not going to pout and riot. I’ll be fine and hope he does well though I’d much prefer Hankerson given where he’s coming from in SF and knowing his story with drops, Duper then success. I have no idea if Hank can recruit. If our RB and TE coach can then I’m ok with that on top of Mario. I want a good technician at WR coach. We’ll have recruiters around him. If he can do both, even better.

If Beard ended up with the job, though I think we can and should do better, I’m not going to pout and riot. I’ll be fine and hope he does well though I’d much prefer Hankerson given where he’s coming from in SF and knowing his story with drops, Duper then success. I have no idea if Hank can recruit. If our RB and TE coach can then I’m ok with that on top of Mario. I want a good technician at WR coach. We’ll have recruiters around him. If he can do both, even better.
A lot is being said about Hank and his recruiting, and it’s fair, we don’t really know anything about it. It’s a talking point for now.

However with how the staff reportedly let Mario down with recruiting and based off of some of his other hires, it seems like the recruiting part is a premium part of the discussion.

Just my interpretation though.

Beard and Hank have a lot of similarities… both were highly regarded receivers coming out of Broward County. Beard was a 2 sport star and excelled in basketball when he got to Miami the WR room was loaded… obviously he had his moments here and there but never materialized into the receiver we thought he could be.

I’m sure both are very familiar with the SFla landscape especially Broward Co. Beard had a stint coaching at USchool for a time and his short time on a previous staff here. Recruiting would be the question with Hank.

Main difference is who’ve they’ve coached and learned under and that’s why it tips in Hanks favor for me.

A lot is being said about Hank and his recruiting, and it’s fair, we don’t really know anything about it. It’s a talking point for now.

However with how the staff reportedly let Mario down with recruiting and based off of some of his other hires, it seems like the recruiting part is a premium part of the discussion.

Just my interpretation though.
I think it should be and I don’t bank on Hank as a recruiter but I’d be happy with him because I think he’ll be a good teacher and we’ll be able to sell that with an improved scheme. I’m thinking we’ll have recruiters covering more positions than we did previously. I also know that aTm has a staph of recruiters and they suck. In a perfect world I’d take Galloway from UNC as he does both at high levels but I’m not seeing where anyone said he was reached out to.

Advertisement
What is Hartline teaching that other coaches aren’t?
Since I’ve been in here I keep hearing this talk of developers of talent.
But most of these coaches that are talked about here have a huge advantage.
And that advantage is recruiting some of the best talent at the position they coach.

Give me a recruiter that can identify not only talent but the intangibles like work ethic, teamwork and dedication.

Im not a coaching guru or follow these position coaches careers.

But didn’t Gattis coach Jeudy?
Didn’t dugans coach AR?

I don’t care who you get here as long as they get the best dudes.
Anyone who gets jojo or Smith is gonna look like a genius developer.

And that advantage is recruiting some of the best talent at the position they coach.

Give me a recruiter that can identify not only talent but the intangibles like work ethic, teamwork and dedication.

Didn’t dugans coach AR?

Yep.

You out and land a bunch of .95+ WR recruits, and you’ll be regarded as one of the best developers and teachers in all of college football very quickly.

Didn’t dugans coach AR?

This! OSU system benefits the wide receivers. I think Tennessee's system will be claiming the same (WRU) in a few years

▪ Besides interviewing 49ers receiver former UM receiver Leonard Hankerson and Baltimore Ravens assistant receivers coach Keith Williams for the vacant wide receiver coach’s job — as reported exclusively by our Susan Miller Degnan — UM also has given some consideration to director of recruiting David Cooney, who has worked with receivers at UM in the past. Cooney is well liked by players and has been instrumental in UM’s recruiting efforts.

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article272594852.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement

Didn’t dugans coach AR?

Hartline recruits receivers that have certain traits. Most of his receivers are shifty and have great speed. He does not take **** and make sugar

I think it should be and I don’t bank on Hank as a recruiter but I’d be happy with him because I think he’ll be a good teacher and we’ll be able to sell that with an improved scheme. I’m thinking we’ll have recruiters covering more positions than we did previously. I also know that aTm has a staph of recruiters and they suck. In a perfect world I’d take Galloway from UNC as he does both at high levels but I’m not seeing where anyone said he was reached out to.
Bank on Hank sounds like a great gif opportunity.

Advertisement

Didn’t dugans coach AR?

@AlphaMarshan

It’s like how Swasey gets credit for S&C when he also was handed straight up killers who lived and breathed the game

Hartline is a beast obviously and it sure helps when you’re given elite clients to work with

We need to get better at both

Advertisement
Back