WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
There are reasons why someone like Lance Guidry was a really strong hire but perhaps hasn't gotten the opportunity just yet at the P5 level. Yes, Beard was in a tough spot his lone season as WR coach but he's had other opportunities since then and really hasn't made the most of them. It's one thing to pluck Toledo's HC and bring him in as your OC but how much of their WR production has been Candle's system versus Beard's development? Why hasn't he been poached by another program in 5 years?

And before you use that same logic with Hankerson, we're comparing a WR coach in the NFL with one that coaches in the MAC.

Why hasn't Warren Ruggiero been poached by bigger programs. I believe he was same staff with James Franklin at Kansas State, why gas Franklin never poached him from tiny lil Wake?

Advertisement
Soon is good. Need some good news to counter my mother in law arriving today. Lol
1677264933498.gif

How about being highly regarded by Shanahan and the staff of the 49ers? How about being an ex Cane that has legit love for UM and South Florida? How about having a guy that does relate well to players and can help develop them for the NFL and establish UM as a pipeline for elite WR recruits to get INTO the league? That is what Mario is looking for. He might be here for 2-3 years as a passing game coordinator / WR / Co Oc, and move on as an OC to a smaller program, or even grow into that role at UM.
The development and recruitment is to be seen tbh. Like I said I’m cool with either but we can’t act like hank is a proven thing because for whatever reason it’s cool not to like beard

Advertisement
Funny thing is , I never knew the name of that song. It’s one of those jams that just makes you feel good.
The Smiths or any Morrissey songs really didn't inspire feeling good for me LOL still love em though

Now the follow up question is how many on here and throughout the world know this as The Smiths song or just knew it as the theme song for Charmed? my money is on Charmed LOL

The development and recruitment is to be seen tbh. Like I said I’m cool with either but we can’t act like hank is a proven thing because for whatever reason it’s cool not to like beard

We've seen Beard's development and recruiting already at Miami. That's a known.
  • Let go at Miami.
  • Let go at Tennessee.
  • Trying to get out of Toledo.
Beard Development = Average
Beard Recruiting = ******

Hankerson while not at Miami has shown Development skills. Coached a kid at UMass to an all star season. Coached in an Air-Raid system at Stephen F Austin. Also career on upward trajectory at the NFL level and respected by one of the better coaches in the league.

Hankerson Development = Above Average
Hankerson Recruiting = Unknown.

While Hankerson's recruiting is an unknown he still has more to sell than what Beard does with his NFL connections and current pedigree. In addition, winning is only going to help either one of them.

All that said taking into account their career path/trajectory and known mediocre production from Beard I'm not sure why you're not coming to the same logically conclusion that most of the rest of us are.

My man never in my life could I have envisioned a WR coach thread going to 1k posts 😂
I never envisioned UM football having a 5-7 record after Mario was hired, and UM not being able to land virtually any WR's in the portal BECAUSE of the horrible WR coach and OC that had been on staff. Mario trying to replicate what OSU has accomplished with Hartline developing a pipeline to SFL elite recruits direct to the NFL. It is also off season and there literally isn't a bloody thing to discuss.

Advertisement
I never envisioned UM football having a 5-7 record after Mario was hired, and UM not being able to land virtually any WR's in the portal BECAUSE of the horrible WR coach and OC that had been on staff. Mario trying to replicate what OSU has accomplished with Hartline developing a pipeline to SFL elite recruits direct to the NFL. It is also off season and there literally isn't a bloody thing to discuss.
Bro

You ok?

I can't even imagine the disappointment when it wont be Hankerson, but it would be another stud name that people will be disappointed about because its not the one they wanted.

I can't even imagine the disappointment when it wont be Hankerson, but it would be another stud name that people will be disappointed about because its not the one they wanted.

Hankerson is obviously interested. Multiple reasons listed in this thread. I wouldn't necessarily be disappointed if it's not him. There's other quality candidates out there, but sure as **** will be disappointment if Beard is who they go with.

Advertisement
You're right Hank is an unknown when it comes to CFB, especially recruiting. However, he can sell prospects on his time at SF, his success with Deebo and Aiyuk and not to mention his own NFL career. Beard has been a WR coach for 1 season at Miami, 1 season at Tennessee and going on his 5th season at Toledo. In that time he has 2 recruits to his name and no other P5 program looking to hire him. He's just not going to move the needle for the type of WR we HAVE to land this class. If it's him it's not the end of the world but it is underwhelming.

Let me see if I can point out the logical inconsistency with many of these porsters...

When the candidate is from the NFL...and has worked with Tyreek Hill and Davante Adams...and has a three-year gap in his resume because he spent some time in jail...and before that he worked at Nebraska with a coach who failed and was fired...and before that he was at Tulane and Fresno State and San Jose City College...

WELLLLLL, let me tell you, sir, you'd better find an umbrella, because THAT resume has certain CIS porsters shooting ropes...

And by comparison, Leonard Hankerson is a horrible nepo-baby who can't recruit and can't coach and is only being considered because of the colors on his diploma.

Did I do that correctly?

Hank is gonna be a coordinator. He is a very smart guy and he had learnt under alot of good offensive minds, including Shanahan and Whipple, maybe its here if he comes and stays long enough.
excellent point, but i am cringing and need to do the following:

learned* under a lot* (two words, i.e. it is not alittle but "a little") of good offensive minds,

Advertisement
Back