WR Coach Candidates

Advertisement
Hankerson or Galloway. I’d lean Galloway because of his experience working with Dawson.

Sum of the whole is greater than the parts. Familiarity might be more important in this case because last year the staff clearly didn’t click, which ended up causing myriad problems.

If I had the choice I'd also go with Galloway. However, I'm not sure he wants to leave UNC or UNC will let him go easily. Hankerson is a **** of a coach. Only concern for me would be his ability to recruit.

Advertisement
There are too many pages in too many threads so this might be reptitious, but Colts have asked permssionto interview Tee Martin for OC job.
What?!?!

Don’t they know his kid plays baseball for Miami??? This makes no sense.

Advertisement
What?!?!

Don’t they know his kid plays baseball for Miami??? This makes no sense.
i see what you did there GIF

I heard on the OBB podcast that he was actually drafted by the Shanahan's. They watched him develop and brought him into coaching. He's practically family to them.

He's got a tough decision, if offered
Yep he was on the skins with the Shanahans for 3-4 years until Kyle moved to Cleveland.

I’m sure he’s highly thought of with Kyle. I have no idea if he’d do it or not. Not really sure what NFL WR coaches are paid either. I’d assume we could make the salary close with a passing game coordinator title. Sometimes it’s just more than “going from the NFL to college” especially if he lives 3,000 miles from his wife and kids.

I also doubt he’s moving up to OC in the NFL anytime soon. He’s under the right tutelage for it though. That opportunity may come pretty quickly in college.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yep 5 kids and a wife completely across country would be a pretty valid reason.

This is pretty old article on Hankerson and his life but it shows he is pretty close to his family.

Career-wise, obviously close to the Shanahans and also the Whipples...Mark Whipple had him at UMASS and tried to bring him over to Pitt but Narduzzi went with Chris Beatty instead, who was known as a very good recruiter.

Advertisement
Back