WR Coach Candidates

crop
need to bring back the assassin!!

BRING THE BOY BACK. I am sure the ladies at Tootsies miss this baller very much.

Advertisement
Coley has failed twice as OC at major schools. Broskie not getting another OC job at a major school.

He thinks to much of himself if he think he will. Instead of hitching to Jimbo, he should have took a step back and went under an offensive guru and rehabbed his image and got some OJT.

Coley has failed twice as OC at major schools. Broskie not getting another OC job at a major school.

He thinks to much of himself if he think he will. Instead of hitching to Jimbo, he should have took a step back and went under an offensive guru and rehabbed his image and got some OJT.

Good points.
Coley is a stellar recruiter but I wonder if he would mesh well with what Dawson will be bringing to this program.
Last thing I would hate to see is Coley undermining the new OC.

Advertisement
Make kirby give hartley another title and some more money, ruffle some feathers up there lol

Advertisement
Hartley is the prize for TE coach but I Dont see why he would leave
I asked a general question the other day of what would people be wiling to give to get him? $655k at UGA which is home for him.

TE coach, and more pay obviously are a must.. Would you take the Associate Head Coach title from Joe and give to him? A run or passing game coordinator?

I don’t get the need to move away from Field. We have landed too 100 guys at that position every year.
Only argument could be that Field stops at TE and Coley would be able to help other positions recruit as well. Either way he’s landed enough talent for us to succeed at that position on offense and even someone like Brantley was really a major part of the O the last 4 weeks with his run blocking.

Advertisement
TE coach should also be someone who can potentially call plays in the future, a ton of them end up getting promoted to OCs.

I prefer Field over Coley all day.

I don’t get the stranglehold grip Coley has over this program every offseason, it’s fckin weird lol
A lot of them just like old spice for some reason
season 13 GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bringing in a TE Coach we can put on a bunch of recruitments, not just TE, would probably be the thinking.

Coley would be at least the secondary, if not the primary, on non-TE recruits.
Not taking anything away from Coleys recruiting which speaks for itself, but pretty sure Field has been mentioned a lot with recruits that aren’t TEs

Would have to go back and scour for exact names but his name was being mentioned a lot by recruits

If his family never followed him to San Fran and they live in Lauderdale somewhere still and he interviewed I’d assume this could be the coach we hire. Similar to the rumors Smith’s family never followed him here from Ole Miss and I believe Steele’s wife also didn’t? (May be wrong there). It makes sense after a year of losing 7 games to want to go back to a certain level of comfort.
His family did not move to San Fran and are located in the Southern part of Miami. I know this with absolute certainty.

I’ll reiterate what I said previously in this thread or another. He absolutely wanted the job before going to San Fran.

His family did not move to San Fran and are located in the Southern part of Miami. I know this with absolute certainty.

I’ll reiterate what I said previously in this thread or another. He absolutely wanted the job before going to San Fran.
Then it’s a no brainer. You bring him back

Advertisement
Back