WR Coach Candidates

I’m not sure why people think that coordinators in football pro or college hire their full staff. That’s not how it works. Ever. Or the head coach would be basically having coordinators hire more of “his” staff than he did. There are no examples of this. But go on

that has nothing to do with how ****** some of Mario’s hires were. They are separated things
College OCs tend to have more control over their side than NFL coaches do (often times, NFL coaches call their own plays if theyre an O coach by trade). Recruiting also plays a factor as styles vary for vastly in college than in the Pros. also, no one is saying Mario couldn't hire his own staff. its rare and weird for an HC to hire position coaches before hiring an OC. its what happened last year. you tend to want your OC to have some say in what guys are coming on board. further, OCs recruit whereas NFL you can turn over a roster year over year. in college, youre building a roster from HS kids. you want kids who fit your system.

Advertisement
So. Who is next name we can discuss? Lonnie Galloway? Houston WR Coach? The guy at Texas A & M Commerce??

Advertisement
College OCs tend to have more control over their side than NFL coaches do (often times, NFL coaches call their own plays if theyre an O coach by trade). Recruiting also plays a factor as styles vary for vastly in college than in the Pros. also, no one is saying Mario couldn't hire his own staff. its rare and weird for an HC to hire position coaches before hiring an OC. its what happened last year. you tend to want your OC to have some say in what guys are coming on board. further, OCs recruit whereas NFL you can turn over a roster year over year. in college, youre building a roster from HS kids. you want kids who fit your system.
Don’t disagree that some of his process and cart before the horse approach last year sucked

I’m not sure why people think that coordinators in football pro or college hire their full staff. That’s not how it works. Ever. Or the head coach would be basically having coordinators hire more of “his” staff than he did. There are no examples of this. But go on

that has nothing to do with how ****** some of Mario’s hires were. They are separated things

Not saying that coordinators have to hire everyone under them but did Gattis bring ANYONE in? Analysts or position coaches?

Advertisement
Gattis could have brought in Jesus Christ himself and it wouldn’t have mattered

Not the point. But I can agree with that. No on second thought, it would have taken a miracle for the offense to score in the red zone.

Gattis could have brought in Jesus Christ himself and it wouldn’t have mattered
IMG_20230228_160224.jpg

Advertisement
At this point do you just start the search over if Hankerson was their guy and he got cold feet? I'm all for getting someone before camp but don't hire someone just because of that. If you aren't happy with the remaining candidates then open things back up and let Cooney coach the WRs until we get a guy.

Advertisement
At this point do you just start the search over if Hankerson was their guy and he got cold feet? I'm all for getting someone before camp but don't hire someone just because of that. If you aren't happy with the remaining candidates then open things back up and let Cooney coach the WRs until we get a guy.
Start over? **** no. You move on to the next qualified candidate. I have a hard time believing some mickey mouse hiring process has been running in the background the past couple months. A bunch of dudes were interviewed. Offer the next qualified cat and let us move the **** on.

Why do you say Hank "got cold feet"?? He was ready to sign ... the 9ers didn't want to lose him ... they apparently made a significant financial increase in his compensation package and possibly other assurances regarding career path. It wasn't "cold feet" ... it was a better career opportunity with one of the best run NFL organizations in existence today. Congratulations to Mr. Hankerson. UM will do fine.

Why do you say Hank "got cold feet"?? He was ready to sign ... the 9ers didn't want to lose him ... they apparently made a significant financial increase in his compensation package and possibly other assurances regarding career path. It wasn't "cold feet" ... it was a better career opportunity with one of the best run NFL organizations in existence today. Congratulations to Mr. Hankerson. UM will do fine.
Like I’ve said many times, it never ceases to amaze me how some people make assumptions or outright guesses as to what transpired in a situation without a clue as to what happened in the actual event and actually believe their own nonsense.

Advertisement
Back