2024 WR Board (2024 Edition)

Advertisement
Advertisement
clemson owns ga the last few classes.

Yall sleeping on them but they are back hoarding talent.
**** I see. I never understood why people be talking like they're on the brink of "falling off". Shiiiddd not when they're recruiting like this.

**** I see. I never understood why people be talking like they're on the brink of "falling off". Shiiiddd not when they're recruiting like this.
They recruit as well as anyone, but their refusal to adapt and use the portal the way the big dogs do will ultimately keep them from getting back to Natty levels imo.

They recruit as well as anyone, but their refusal to adapt and use the portal the way the big dogs do will ultimately keep them from getting back to Natty levels imo.
At some point, they will jump in the portal game just like everyone else. Dabo will come along just like how Nick Satan had to.

Advertisement
You dont need the portal as much when you retain your kids you recruit.

Had they not have a te pllaying qb they would of been int he last 2 playoffs.

They dont process kids out as much as Bama etc...

Hate to cap for them but they gonna be around for awhile...the fall you guys speak of aint really coming. If the fall is 10 wins i guess.

Eh, I am vey familiar with Clemson. They have absolutely fallen off some recently. It has been a few reasons. They missed on D.J. They had that run of Watson and Lawrence and then they thought D.J.(who was #1 QB coming out) would be next in line. He obviously wasn't.

Another big reason for the drop off is missing on WR's. You guys have thought Miami's WR room was lacking, I would 100% take Miami's WR room RIGHT NOW over Clemson's. Their best WR last season was a true freshman slot wr Antonio Williams. This was the school known as WR U when they were on the run of Sammy Watkins, Nuke Hopkins, Mike Williams, Tee Higgins, etc...This also coincided with WR coach/Co-OC Jeff Scott taking the USF HC job. Once he left the WR recruiting suffered. Then Tony Elliot takes UVA HC job. Venables leaves, and they promote this short chubby white young guy with ZERO DC experience. That defense was LOADED last season, and underperformed. The assistant promoting within has hurt Dabo. He thought the program was on cruise control, but it wasn't.

Add in now they aren't utilizing the portal and the NIL game was lagging behind, and its another reason for the dip.

I think they have gotten the NIL organized now, and then Dabo went outside the box to hire Riley as OC they may trend back up some. Klubnik has to be legit for it to happen though. They are desperate for these WR takes to hit. So are they still king of ACC yes, but they have slid below UGA, ALABAMA, Ohio State, and even Michigan recently.

Advertisement
In this LWS twitter space, @Geo305 had this update on WR

• Taking a minimum of 3, max of 4
  • Expects Chance and JoJo to be part of the WR class
  • Likely McCoy flips to the Canes
  • Potential Fourth option
    • Hawkins
    • Smith
    • Wingo: pushing for an OV
    • Graham: involved in this recruitment
    • UT decommit Harrell
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqxoAQrdqMGv
Lets be real, if Wingo wants in, we take him regardless if we have 4 committed already.

Advertisement
In this LWS twitter space, @Geo305 had this update on WR

• Taking a minimum of 3, max of 4
  • Expects Chance and JoJo to be part of the WR class
  • Likely McCoy flips to the Canes
  • Potential Fourth option
    • Hawkins
    • Smith
    • Wingo: pushing for an OV
    • Graham: involved in this recruitment
    • UT decommit Harrell
https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1YqxoAQrdqMGv

Interesting...I don't think they will pass if Staley wants in, especially with only CR committed. And now Barney making noise

I'd guess (and be happy with)

Staley
Barney/Hawkins
Robinson
Jojo/Smith/McCoy/Wingo/Smith/Graham (take 2 if they are the right 2 for 5 total)

Eh, I am vey familiar with Clemson. They have absolutely fallen off some recently. It has been a few reasons. They missed on D.J. They had that run of Watson and Lawrence and then they thought D.J.(who was #1 QB coming out) would be next in line. He obviously wasn't.

Another big reason for the drop off is missing on WR's. You guys have thought Miami's WR room was lacking, I would 100% take Miami's WR room RIGHT NOW over Clemson's. Their best WR last season was a true freshman slot wr Antonio Williams. This was the school known as WR U when they were on the run of Sammy Watkins, Nuke Hopkins, Mike Williams, Tee Higgins, etc...This also coincided with WR coach/Co-OC Jeff Scott taking the USF HC job. Once he left the WR recruiting suffered. Then Tony Elliot takes UVA HC job. Venables leaves, and they promote this short chubby white young guy with ZERO DC experience. That defense was LOADED last season, and underperformed. The assistant promoting within has hurt Dabo. He thought the program was on cruise control, but it wasn't.

Add in now they aren't utilizing the portal and the NIL game was lagging behind, and its another reason for the dip.

I think they have gotten the NIL organized now, and then Dabo went outside the box to hire Riley as OC they may trend back up some. Klubnik has to be legit for it to happen though. They are desperate for these WR takes to hit. So are they still king of ACC yes, but they have slid below UGA, ALABAMA, Ohio State, and even Michigan recently.
Agree on the coaching losses hampering.

Not agreeing on this supposed dip.

Their offense for the most part is/was plug n play and gimmicky...Just a semi competent qb and trust in that qb would make them better.
They almost beat UGA with those same guys you listed.

They are recruiting at a high clip and freshman wrs being their best goes back to Sammy Watkins days.

Interesting...I don't think they will pass if Staley wants in, especially with only CR committed. And now Barney making noise

I'd guess (and be happy with)

Staley
Barney/Hawkins
Robinson
Jojo/Smith/McCoy/Wingo/Smith/Graham (take 2 if they are the right 2 for 5 total)
I'd take Staley honestly if he wants in right now.

No need to slow play waiting on pipe dreams. Him, Duff and any grouping of...

Hawkins, Jo Jo, Miller, Gonzalez...

Barney is int he batters box as others fall off along with Mccoy

I'd take Staley honestly if he wants in right now.

No need to slow play waiting on pipe dreams. Him, Duff and any grouping of...

Hawkins, Jo Jo, Miller, Gonzalez...

Barney is int he batters box as others fall off along with Mccoy

I was originally enamored by duff but have cooled on him after watching some NJ camp 1x1s. Looked real slow to get moving. Nice athlete but doesn’t move the meter for me.

As for the position, let’s be honest - gonna be real hard to land a top notch OOS kid. There’s not enough of a draw for those kids compared to these other teams.

Advertisement
Back