DB
Jobe
Campbell
Frierson
Blades
Ivey
Hall
Samuel

DB and WR is south Florida's bread and butter. Has Miami ever had a class with DB/WR this good? Has it even been close? That class would completely obliterate anything I've seen following recruiting since 07 and we have a realistic shot with them all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
On paper prior to starting their careers, the pull of Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Davon Johnson, Travis Benjamin, Laron Byrd, Theron Collier, Kendall Thompkins in 08 was pretty stellar at WR. I believe 4 or 5 of them were espy 300/top 247/ rivals 250 type rated players.

On paper prior to starting their careers, the pull of Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Davon Johnson, Travis Benjamin, Laron Byrd, Theron Collier, Kendall Thompkins in 08 was pretty stellar at WR. I believe 4 or 5 of them were espy 300/top 247/ rivals 250 type rated players.

I thought that 08' was going to change the game for Miami. Wow what a let down. That class was filled with a bunch of overrated and overhyped scrubs.

Kevin Austin maing....

And WR it could potentially topple 08 WRs. Thompkins and Byrd were not highly regarded. Our whole WR class could potentially all be 4 and 5 stars as well.

I don't think we ever had a DB class that talented on paper either. Our whole DB class could potentiall all be Rivals250, ESPN300, Top247 guys

Kevin Austin maing....

And WR it could potentially topple 08 WRs. Thompkins and Byrd were not highly regarded. Our whole WR class could potentially all be 4 and 5 stars as well.

I don't think we ever had a DB class that talented on paper either. Our whole DB class could potentiall all be Rivals250, ESPN300, Top247 guys

How's your recovery coming along?

Go Canes!

Advertisement
A DB class of Ivey, Blades, Campbell, Jobe, Hall, and Frierson would be the best DB class in the history of college football.

This is precisely why i didn't give a **** about Crank Job and Edwards.

I thought that 08' was going to change the game for Miami. Wow what a let down. That class was filled with a bunch of overrated and overhyped scrubs.

all coaching man!!!! strong coach like Richt gets those guys all moving in the right direction.

all coaching man!!!! strong coach like Richt gets those guys all moving in the right direction.

Streeter was soft

Advertisement
I think the biggest thing to look at, is how stacked the WR group in South FL is this year.
2017 there were only 3 WRs from South FL with a 4* or better 247composite rating.
This year there are 7, while we are also looking good with other guys like Hightower and Eskridge.

Last edited:
Best I could come up with was 2002 and it wasn't as good as this class has the potential to be

DB's
Trav Bain 2*
Meriweather 4*
Sharpe 4*
Hester 5*
Threat 4*
Walden 4*

WR's
Jolla 5*
Jenkins 3*
Moss 3*
Moore5*

That's probably as close as we've signed

Advertisement

I don't be really think they were overrated. They just had Dhannon developing them for 4 years. Remember how good Streeter looked after spending 1 summer with former Dolphins WR Mark Duper.

I don't be really think they were overrated. They just had Dhannon developing them for 4 years. Remember how good Streeter looked after spending 1 summer with former Dolphins WR Mark Duper.

Streeter fvcked his self over and left too early

Advertisement

Hankerson was with duper. Strreeter got a shot in league. Most overrated was aldarius. I remember he was supposed to be Andre esgue

Russell or Jensen could factor in at DB. So that's 9 names, probably go for 6 of those 9...7 if they are the right 7.

At WR Gammage and Austin seem to be on the list every bit as much as Copeland and Schwarz are? ...List is so deep S. Munroe, D. Watt, I. Lipscomb, and L Finnie can't seem to get on it! And all those guys can play

Last edited:

Hankerson was with duper. Strreeter got a shot in league. Most overrated was aldarius. I remember he was supposed to be Andre esgue

The theme with Aldarius was that he tried to coast off his talent after a good frosh year. Just goes to show, you have to have work ethic to make it.

WR
Pope, Williams, Wiggins, Austin, Copeland
I prefer Austin and Copland cuz they're more athletic then Thompson and Hightower and they're good at picking up yards after the catch.

DB
Jobe, Frierson, Campbell, Blades, Hall, Ivey, Samuel, and Russell
I'm not completely sold on Russell but he and Camron Davis may be a package deal and I like me some Cam

Advertisement
Back