WQAM - Richt Interview

Most of the stuff was coach speak. But when asked about evaluating playcalls, etc... Instead of taking blame on predictable playcalls, Richt goes out and says that if all 11 guys know their assignments and execute it, the play would work. Meaning that it's not the playcalling in his eyes.

Sorry, guys just frustrated. smh
Players not knowing assignments that's on the person teaching the plays,(ie the coach)to teach better ,Im disappointed in Coach Richt alwayz blaming his players( kids)instead taking ownership. Good coaches knows ultimately that's it's his team and all problems are his fault,
4mill a year is what UM pays coach Richt to take the blame or fix the problem!

Advertisement
I think he hangs it up at seasons end. He knows he’s in over his head & after we lose to VT & BC it’s going to get toxic. Make no mistake. Those are both auto losses.

Advertisement
If we had a good creative coach, with the skilled/speed players we have, we should be running all over other Teams' asses.

Whose job is it to teach all 11 guys their assignments?

If they're struggling with their assignments what's happening from the film room, to the practice field, to the actual game where they seem to forget what they were taught?

If the players would just run the plays exactly like it's taught & it would all work, how come they struggle so much at doing that?

If it really all comes down to just execution, then what's that say about the Coach who calls all these perfect plays that are hardly ever executed properly?

At some point, the excuses are nothing more than raw meat for Cult worshippers. Eventually, the,"It's not my brilliant Offense, its the players who can't run it" line gets old & worn out.
The “players aren’t executing” is the first step in the death march. How many times have we heard about players not executing during the last 25 years?

Then, Dawn Ballbag Jr. jumps on it and pounds it into the empty heads of the morons who still listen to him and Frankengacki and their mouthpiece propaganda.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Advertisement
aw cmon, you didn't list "some of both" as an option in the contest?

Haha.

Option 1 implies the talent is so low there is no solution other than replacing players.

Option 2 implies there is sufficient talent for the offense to score enough points to beat teams like UVA or any team in the ACC not named Clemson.

For example, the OL isn't great but is good enough to support this team. Stop trying to turn them into an physical OL than can line up and beat a DL down even when the DL knows what play is called.

Advertisement
My son sat next to a UVA guy - older gentleman - who before the game said, "please don't laugh at us," expecting to get beaten - badly.

My son called the plays UM was going to run next - and he was right so many times - they guy said, "How do you DO that?"

My son, totally disgusted, just told him the truth. "Formations. Richt's habits. He's that predictable. The way the QB goes to fake the run - his angle. And all the real estate between the hashes - is off limits."

Richt may as well give our opponents his two-page/16 play - playbook.

It doesn't help us - and maybe they'll look at it - start laughing so hard they all have aneurysms.

Pastor Richt should heed one bit of wisdom, "Pride comes before the fall"

Eat your pride and hire an OC.

Jimmy Johnson was a great coach, but he went out and hired great coordinators. He once said you're only as good as the coaches you hire.

Pastor Richt should heed one bit of wisdom, "Pride comes before the fall"

Eat your pride and hire an OC.

Jimmy Johnson was a great coach, but he went out and hired great coordinators. He once said you're only as good as the coaches you hire.

JJ's philosophy as mentioned in his book was "to hire the best coaches he could find and get the **** out of their way".

Advertisement
The “players aren’t executing” is the first step in the death march. How many times have we heard about players not executing during the last 25 years?

Then, Dawn Ballbag Jr. jumps on it and pounds it into the empty heads of the morons who still listen to him and Frankengacki and their mouthpiece propaganda.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
I can still hear them defending Coker and then trashing him the minute after he's fired.
Who still listens to those dummies?
giphy (1).gif

Advertisement
Back