WQAM Joe Rose Show 4/22 with Diaz

Advertisement
At La Tech when Diaz was DC he had Oscar Giles as dline coach and when he was at Miss St he had David Turner as dline coach who is a very good coach.

Don't get me wrong Diaz is a very good DC and will be a very HC. I am just saying both he and Baker have benefited greatly from exceptional dline coaching. As for Stroud he is living off his NC State off success from 13 yrs ago that hasn't been even remotely repeated by him since then. Any success the dline has this year is can be attributed to prior coaching which instilled good techniques. Hence Stroud's very own statement he is not change anything, just maintain what is already in place.

Stroud is a stop gap at best. His value to Diaz is as a chief of staff, not a long term dline coach. After the season Diaz will find his long term solution at dline coach.

Go Canes

Interesting perspective. Hadn't thought about it this way but it certainly makes sense if it plays out the way you describe.

Just outside Toledo. Moved up here about 8 months ago. Had my U hat on last weekend and ran into a few other fans. Everyone wants to watch our new punter kill people...lol. Great PR Where are you at? 🙌🙌🙌

Nice man. Not TOO far from you. Right next to wheeling wv. Just south of Steubenville. I've run into a lot of Miami fans around here actually. :neonu::stormwarningflag-sm:

Advertisement
Just outside Toledo. Moved up here about 8 months ago. Had my U hat on last weekend and ran into a few other fans. Everyone wants to watch our new punter kill people...lol. Great PR Where are you at? 🙌🙌🙌
I drove up from Cincinnati for that game at Toledo . One of our better wins this year

At La Tech when Diaz was DC he had Oscar Giles as dline coach and when he was at Miss St he had David Turner as dline coach who is a very good coach.

Don't get me wrong Diaz is a very good DC and will be a very HC. I am just saying both he and Baker have benefited greatly from exceptional dline coaching. As for Stroud he is living off his NC State off success from 13 yrs ago that hasn't been even remotely repeated by him since then. Any success the dline has this year is can be attributed to prior coaching which instilled good techniques. Hence Stroud's very own statement he is not change anything, just maintain what is already in place.

Stroud is a stop gap at best. His value to Diaz is as a chief of staff, not a long term dline coach. After the season Diaz will find his long term solution at dline coach.

Go Canes
in fairness to shroud, i dont think any of us new the health issues he was dealing with.

in fairness to shroud, i dont think any of us new the health issues he was dealing with.

It has been widely known for 5+ years that Coach Stroud has a terminal illness. Respectfully to Coach Stroud this is not about fairness, College Football and especially in Miami it is about what have you done lately. An he hasn't produced in the last decade plus, so if I am a UM Dline recruit I am thinking long and hard about if Miami's the right choice even with Diaz as head coach, an would most likely wait unit the end of the season to make a choice. Now if Diaz is willing to privately convey to top recuits that he has a long term plan for succession at DLine Coach then that is a different story.

Go Canes

It has been widely known for 5+ years that Coach Stroud has a terminal illness. Respectfully to Coach Stroud this is not about fairness, College Football and especially in Miami it is about what have you done lately. An he hasn't produced in the last decade plus, so if I am a UM Dline recruit I am thinking long and hard about if Miami's the right choice even with Diaz as head coach, an would most likely wait unit the end of the season to make a choice. Now if Diaz is willing to privately convey to top recuits that he has a long term plan for succession at DLine Coach then that is a different story.

Go Canes
dude you post videos of the worst **** recruits that aren't even CUSA worry of being offered. now you want to talk about what a DL recruit should look for? we play in an attacking defense that made Norton and McIntosh look way better than they were so if you have talent, you will put up numbers and get noticed.

Advertisement
dude you post videos of the worst **** recruits that aren't even CUSA worry of being offered. now you want to talk about what a DL recruit should look for? we play in an attacking defense that made Norton and McIntosh look way better than they were so if you have talent, you will put up numbers and get noticed.

When one such as yourself is so grossly miss informed, it is better to stay silent than make a complete *** out of yourself in a new york minute, the way you just did with that post. I stand by my record on posting about recruits, even the CUSA ones, yup that same CUSA that sent Miami its current head coach and new DC.

Go Canes

When one such as yourself is so grossly miss informed, it is better to stay silent than make a complete *** out of yourself in a new york minute, the way you just did with that post. I stand by my record on posting about recruits, even the CUSA ones, yup that same CUSA that sent Miami its current head coach and new DC.

Go Canes
im grossly misinformed lol. i was telling people richt was on the way out a few weeks before it was even leaked out. I was telling people about bogle's mom and rique. i know what i know and know what i dont know. You're sitting here saying this guy isn't good. we dont know but from what i've heard he is finally healthy. we will know if he can teach techinique soon enough but you really think kids come here for the DL coach? they come here to play in manny's defense.

Funny you mentioned that about Manny, I am working on writing up something about how Blake Bakers defense at La Tech over the years has benefited from having two elite Dline coaches in Oscar Giles (2014) and Rick Petri (2015 - still at La Tech). Rick Petri is one of the best DLine coaches in the last 20+ years (he doesn't like to recruit, but he can turn coal in raw diamonds). He was an exceptional teacher at Miami, and at Duke he had those kids playing 3 levels above their talent.

This will be the 1st year for Manny and Baker to not have an elite dline coach to rely on, so it will be interesting to see how this season plays out.

Go Canes
Since when did Simpson become a proven elite DL coach?

I suspect we’ll be fine on DL this year, and am optimistic we’ll get a long term DL solution in a year who is a further upgrade.

Advertisement
Since when did Simpson become a proven elite DL coach?

I suspect we’ll be fine on DL this year, and am optimistic we’ll get a long term DL solution in a year who is a further upgrade.

I am guessing your reference to Simpson not being elite is sarcasm, if not please see below rebuttal.
When he went from directly from coaching HS to coaching with the Atlanta Falcons (an yes I am not counting his few minutes he spent at Georgia State). An now he is back with Atlanta Falcons.

Go Canes

im grossly misinformed lol. i was telling people richt was on the way out a few weeks before it was even leaked out. I was telling people about bogle's mom and rique. i know what i know and know what i dont know. You're sitting here saying this guy isn't good. we dont know but from what i've heard he is finally healthy. we will know if he can teach techinique soon enough but you really think kids come here for the DL coach? they come here to play in manny's defense.

So then I guess Clemson has it all wrong considering they have 3 of the Top 7 2020 DT's committed not to mention of those 3 they have the 1 and 2 top DT'S in the country. An we have the 23rd DT and 18th SDE committed for 2020 at DT. An for the record I am not a star *****, but I can tell you this we are in arms race with Clemson, they are reloading 458 Socom's and we reloading with Saturday night specials.

Let me know when we sign Jalen Carter and Timothy Smith.

Go Canes

So then I guess Clemson has it all wrong considering they have 3 of the Top 7 2020 DT's committed not to mention of those 3 they have the 1 and 2 top DT'S in the country. An we have the 23rd DT and 18th SDE committed for 2020 at DT. An for the record I am not a star *****, but I can tell you this we are in arms race with Clemson, they are reloading 458 Socom's and we reloading with Saturday night specials.

Let me know when we sign Jalen Carter and Timothy Smith.

Go Canes
you are missing my point. do you think kids are commiting to clemson because of their DL coach?

Advertisement
I am guessing your reference to Simpson not being elite is sarcasm, if not please see below rebuttal.
When he went from directly from coaching HS to coaching with the Atlanta Falcons (an yes I am not counting his few minutes he spent at Georgia State). An now he is back with Atlanta Falcons.

Go Canes
I don’t see wat you wrote as a rebuttal at all. Or maybe your definition of elite college DL coach is a watered down version of mine. Going from HS head coach to an assistant position coach in the nfl doesn’t make you an elite college DL coach in any respect whatsoever. One year at UM doesn’t make or prove it, either. Getting hired back by the Falcons doesn’t prove it, and he hasn’t even done anything there yet. He has one year of college DL coach experience. He may be what you say, but neither your explanation nor his resume proves it. I’m not knocking him, either. But the assumption he was elite and hard to replace isn’t at all proven. That’s what was said about Kul just a year earlier.

they are because of the past 4 years
My boy played at UM under Greg Mark, he said he was probably the best coach he's ever seen. Yet Greg Mark had nothing to do with his decision to come to UM. they go to play for dabo or saban.

Advertisement
Back