WOW

theibisrules

Senior
CHATTER

### For those hoping for defensive staff changes at UM, no decisions are expected to be made until UM sees how the season plays out.

An associate of Golden's (nobody mentioned in this column) has said it would be wrong to conclude that Golden would never replace Mark D'Onofrio because of their friendship if he decided that was necessary.

In interviews both with me last Friday and Tuesday night with Gary Ferman on Canesport Radio, James indicated a preference to allow the coaches to decide the composition of their staffs.

When I asked if he could envision a scenario in which he would tell a coach to make a change on his staff, James said: “My philosophy is you hire head coaches to run their programs and my job is to give them the support they need to be successful.”

He told Canesport Radio he would make exceptions and intervene if an assistant coach creates problems for a university such as committing an NCAA violation.

But Golden is "the one that needs to have the power to make all those decisions, the specifics of it. I'm going to ask questions. He runs his program, and he runs his program well. He'll make the decisions that are best for the long-term success of the program."

James told Canesport Radio: "You can't tell people what needs they have. If that's the case, I probably should be the coach."

He said in general: "I might talk to Al about how is our offense getting better, how is our defense getting better, what are we doing on special teams, where are we with recruiting."

### Has either the particularly harsh UM-bashing from former players or the fire-Golden banner flown by a disgruntled fan at Saturday's game struck James as over the top?

“It isn’t helping us get to where we all want to see the program,” James told me. “We all want to see the program back at the top. While I understand the frustration, we all have to look at what are the things to help us have that success. Things that don’t help us have success aren’t helping. Would I rather the former players not do it? Without a doubt.”

Of the criticisms leveled by former players, James told Canesport Radio: "It's disappointing when it's verbalized as publicly. These type of comments [don't] help us. [But] I respect who they are. They are all part of the family."

### James told Canesport Radio, as he has told me earlier this season, that he has full faith in Golden.

"Am I confident we're going in the direction we need to go? Without a doubt.... I have full confidence Al will make adjustments that need to be made to get us back to the top.... To rebuild a program takes time."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
SMFGDH!!!!! We are a headless body

2aGJ4.jpg

Advertisement
Has either the particularly harsh UM-bashing from former players or the fire-Golden banner flown by a disgruntled fan at Saturday's game

I love how theyre trying to down play it and make it seem like its only 1 person

How many years did it take Howard to "build" not rebuild the program? And please no cloud, Howard managed to create and deal with his own ncaa mishap. How many years did it take Butch to create greatest team in history? And Al isn't even recruiting only "high morals" kids. He has had tremendous numbers of thieves, thugs, druggies, and now rapists on the team and we still suck.

Advertisement
CHATTER

### For those hoping for defensive staff changes at UM, no decisions are expected to be made until UM sees how the season plays out.

An associate of Golden's (nobody mentioned in this column) has said it would be wrong to conclude that Golden would never replace Mark D'Onofrio because of their friendship if he decided that was necessary.

In interviews both with me last Friday and Tuesday night with Gary Ferman on Canesport Radio, James indicated a preference to allow the coaches to decide the composition of their staffs.

When I asked if he could envision a scenario in which he would tell a coach to make a change on his staff, James said: “My philosophy is you hire head coaches to run their programs and my job is to give them the support they need to be successful.”

He told Canesport Radio he would make exceptions and intervene if an assistant coach creates problems for a university such as committing an NCAA violation.

But Golden is "the one that needs to have the power to make all those decisions, the specifics of it. I'm going to ask questions. He runs his program, and he runs his program well. He'll make the decisions that are best for the long-term success of the program."

James told Canesport Radio: "You can't tell people what needs they have. If that's the case, I probably should be the coach."

He said in general: "I might talk to Al about how is our offense getting better, how is our defense getting better, what are we doing on special teams, where are we with recruiting."

### Has either the particularly harsh UM-bashing from former players or the fire-Golden banner flown by a disgruntled fan at Saturday's game struck James as over the top?

“It isn’t helping us get to where we all want to see the program,” James told me. “We all want to see the program back at the top. While I understand the frustration, we all have to look at what are the things to help us have that success. Things that don’t help us have success aren’t helping. Would I rather the former players not do it? Without a doubt.”

Of the criticisms leveled by former players, James told Canesport Radio: "It's disappointing when it's verbalized as publicly. These type of comments [don't] help us. [But] I respect who they are. They are all part of the family."

### James told Canesport Radio, as he has told me earlier this season, that he has full faith in Golden.

"Am I confident we're going in the direction we need to go? Without a doubt.... I have full confidence Al will make adjustments that need to be made to get us back to the top.... To rebuild a program takes time."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/#storylink=cpy

so getting slapped around by top teams every time we play one is helping the program out? James will be on the hot seat soon , keep putting all your card in on AG

This statement alone tells me that as longs as this man is in an influential position we will not have anything resembing a dominant program.

This man is the Beta of all Beta males and I am quite positives his balls reside somewhere in a man-purse in Coral Gables.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The guy isnt going to say sh¡t on a radio show or interview, you all should know this, its like recruits interviews, never take them seriously, so do yall believe golden when he does his interviews? They just say the right thing

He's a sock puppet. He's not going to say anything publicly to tip the university's hand. If he says it's his decision to fire Dorito then that would completely undermine Folden.

Fake's words are as hollow and meaningless as Folden's. It's all propaganda to try to mind fck UM fans into thinking this sunken ship is sailing along beautifully and that our discord is useless in the decision process so we might as well stop.

Don't buy it. Keep grinding on the Greaseball. Shalala made it very clear when she announced Shannon's firing that she listened to the fans. I think she said something along the lines of "erosion of fan support" played a significant role in the firing. I'm sure the article is easy to find where she credited the fans with his removal.

Advertisement
Back