Wow

It wasn’t a bad call to bench rosier. I don’t think it was as much that he wanted to see if sheriffs could lead us to victory as much as it was a wake up call to rosier. I have no problem with the decision. Rosier was not into the game. As noted, missed a ton of wide open guys, if he’d only get to his 2nd/3rd reads. Guys we’re open. No problem sitting him to wake him up. I doubt it was a decision to see if sheriffs lead us to a win. And if it was, so what? Rosier wasn’t gonna do it.

Advertisement
I’ve been skeptical of Malik but the guy has won games for the Canes. Really ashocking decision by Richt. Job open

Sherrifs could be the worst QB at UM in 25 years.

6'5 and gets MOAR passes batted down than a 5'5 8th grader.

I’m not going to read through this whole thread but did you ever see Spencer Whipple play? I did...live...it was terrible. It made Jacory look like Dante Culpepper
Is there any actual evidence to suggest that Shireffs is better than Whipple? Small sample size for sure but Shireffs has more sacks and batted balls than he does completions. Whipple comparison aside, he should not be taking meaningful snaps at a P5 school.

Rosier was admittedly complacent in his post game interview and mentioned that he was out there just to be out there. Hilarious that some don't think a message needed to be sent to Rosier. I think it's a bit disturbing that a QB whom hasn't been anywhere near perfect this year (look at his completion percentage) and has relied on our defense heavily to carry this team is getting complacent when we had the opportunity for a perfect season and are in the thick of the playoff hunt.

I’ve been skeptical of Malik but the guy has won games for the Canes. Really ashocking decision by Richt. Job open

Sherrifs could be the worst QB at UM in 25 years.

6'5 and gets MOAR passes batted down than a 5'5 8th grader.

I’m not going to read through this whole thread but did you ever see Spencer Whipple play? I did...live...it was terrible. It made Jacory look like Dante Culpepper
Is there any actual evidence to suggest that Shireffs is better than Whipple? Small sample size for sure but Shireffs has more sacks and batted balls than he does completions. Whipple comparison aside, he should not be taking meaningful snaps at a P5 school.

They're comparable talents. Meaning that Evan should be a better clipboard holder than Whipple was and that's it.

Advertisement
Kaaya is a chump. We'd be 7-4 with him as the starter, especially with his nonexistent mobility and garbage pocket awareness

We completely abandoned the running game and that is on Rict. Homer had what? 7 Carries? And no, I'm not counting on Rosier scrambles as part of the running game. Pitt's D was just teeing off on the OL all game since they didn't have to worry about a running play after the start of the second half. We shot ourselves in the foot by putting all on Rosier when we needed balance.
Pitt didn’t respect the pass so they just dialed in to stop the run since Malik couldn’t hit wide open receivers......

Kaaya is a chump. We'd be 7-4 with him as the starter, especially with his nonexistent mobility and garbage pocket awareness
I’m glad we don’t have to find out and we are playing for the ACCC but I sure wish Rosier had his accuracy cause good Lord he has none

I'm over it.... Rosier straighten the **** up... we gotta get this money next week. No time for soft shoulders...

let's go
JC

Advertisement
The correct decision to bench Rosier. He was just off and couldn't hit the side of the biggest red barn imaginable if his life depended on it! Was hoping coach would've benched him at halftime. Calm him down for a few series and come in later in the 3rd..

Worst decision I've ever seen ANY head coach make at any level, probably ever. It was straight from page 7 of Randy Shannon's "how to properly manage your team on gameday" best seller.

Rosier needed to sit and watch a series. No problem with that decision. However, the timing was poor. You do that in Q3 not when the game is on the line in the 4th Q.

Advertisement
Meaningless game. Rosier deserved to be bench so hopefully it lights a fire under his *** to not miss 100 more wide open receivers against Clemson.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rosier needed to be benched but with 10 minutes in a close game and with how TERRIBLE Sherrifs is it should have happened earlier for one series to wake Rosier the **** up and not on the most crucial drive of the game.

Exactly. Needed to sit a series. We have some of the dumbest fans ever.

Anybody with a brain knows that Malik needed to sit for a series or more. I don't think anyone is arguing that. But why do it at that critical point in the game? To me, it felt like coach Richt was giving up on the game and the team. If you're thinking about it, why not give him one series in the 3rd quarter to see if he wakes up and then bench him? Why do it with 10 minutes left, down 10 points after the defense just had a great stop and you have the ball at the 50? There was literally zero chance that Shirreffs was going to succeed at that point and the game was lost after that. This is why I'm so upset and frustrated with coach Richt.

Advertisement
Too bad CMR doesn’t hold himself accountable with this atrocious Offense.

His offense has about as much imagination as a rock collection. The best thing Richt can do for this team is hire a pro spread set oc that can increase pace, route tree and more formations.

The correct decision to bench Rosier. He was just off and couldn't hit the side of the biggest red barn imaginable if his life depended on it! Was hoping coach would've benched him at halftime. Calm him down for a few series and come in later in the 3rd..

I think Richt gave Rosier the third because that's when he has turned it on a few games this season. But Richt gave Rosier slants, screens, and open downfield routes to get in the game and he didn't have it. We had two posessions left when Richt made the call so it was the only hope to win the game. Sherriffs couldn't do it

I was at the game, and it was abundantly clear that none of the players or coaches were interested in this game. From a player perspective, everyone just wanted to get out of the game uninjured. It felt like the coaches were more interested in not putting anything on tape for the ACCCG. Nonetheless, this was the classic "look-ahead game" that bit us in the butt.

Advertisement
Back