Wow, Trayone Gray

And this is a perfect example of why we will always struggle to stay competitive with the likes of Bama, LSU, and the big state school programs. If this kid was in Alabama right now, everyone in the **** school district would be bending over backwards to make sure this kid got the grades he needed to get into school Teachers, tutors, principal, etc... If it helps the Tide win, they will get it done. Down here, no one gives a f8ck. He's just another poor black kid in a cr@ppy inner city school. Im sure UM has tried as much as it can to give him academic advice and to get his grades straight, but that's about as far as they can go. If you dont have the school and the community stepping up to help the kid however they can so he can make the grade and get into school, then he's really on his own. And that leaves us at a great disadvantage.

he has one of our former coaches...Aubrey Hill as his HC....and i think Ethenic Sands is also coaching. If he cant get right with college guys around him as coaches i dont know....Carol City has night school...i think the kid should with just some work be able to make it in....just my opinion.

He has the structure @ CC...its up to those guys(coaches/counselors) to guide these guys man...this is why i give much respect to Ice....because he is @ the school in the worst inner city area of Miami..but since dude has been there his guy smake it to college PERIOD. You dont have a 2.5 i dont think he even lets you play..you dont sign up for the sat by like jr year u aint cutting it at BTW. Majority of coaches in s.fla dont know sh*t on the academic sde and dont give a sh*t long as a guy has a 2.0 and is elgible to play...my younger cousin played with Duke @ Norland a legit state champ...tell me why he showed up at my house like in December asking me about the SAT....A SR who put in work @ Norland a legit div 1 level player....and he didnt even sign up for his test till **** december....lot of kids flat out think just because their getting recruited that their gonna get in...and oh"the test aint nothing, it aint hard"....like i said..i respect Ice if not for anything...for his stance and getting guys qualified..

Advertisement
And this is a perfect example of why we will always struggle to stay competitive with the likes of Bama, LSU, and the big state school programs. If this kid was in Alabama right now, everyone in the **** school district would be bending over backwards to make sure this kid got the grades he needed to get into school Teachers, tutors, principal, etc... If it helps the Tide win, they will get it done. Down here, no one gives a f8ck. He's just another poor black kid in a cr@ppy inner city school. Im sure UM has tried as much as it can to give him academic advice and to get his grades straight, but that's about as far as they can go. If you dont have the school and the community stepping up to help the kid however they can so he can make the grade and get into school, then he's really on his own. And that leaves us at a great disadvantage.

he has one of our former coaches...Aubrey Hill as his HC....and i think Ethenic Sands is also coaching. If he cant get right with college guys around him as coaches i dont know....Carol City has night school...i think the kid should with just some work be able to make it in....just my opinion.

He has the structure @ CC...its up to those guys(coaches/counselors) to guide these guys man...this is why i give much respect to Ice....because he is @ the school in the worst inner city area of Miami..but since dude has been there his guy smake it to college PERIOD. You dont have a 2.5 i dont think he even lets you play..you dont sign up for the sat by like jr year u aint cutting it at BTW. Majority of coaches in s.fla dont know sh*t on the academic sde and dont give a sh*t long as a guy has a 2.0 and is elgible to play...my younger cousin played with Duke @ Norland a legit state champ...tell me why he showed up at my house like in December asking me about the SAT....A SR who put in work @ Norland a legit div 1 level player....and he didnt even sign up for his test till **** december....lot of kids flat out think just because their getting recruited that their gonna get in...and oh"the test aint nothing, it aint hard"....like i said..i respect Ice if not for anything...for his stance and getting guys qualified..

Would be big to get him in. + athlete on either side of the ball.

I feel so much better knowing Ethnic Sands is going to help Trayone Gray get into college now. :ohlord:

Its funny that people want us to offer Treon Harris as a QB. Well, Trayone Gray is 10x times the QB prospect that Harris is.

Gray's throwing motion and arm strength is considerably better than last year. He is a D1 QB if he wants to be at a place like Ohio State or Nebraska.

I love the idea of him as a big RB. Karlos Williams comes to mind.

Advertisement

Excellent post.

Advertisement
Its funny that people want us to offer Treon Harris as a QB. Well, Trayone Gray is 10x times the QB prospect that Harris is.

Gray's throwing motion and arm strength is considerably better than last year. He is a D1 QB if he wants to be at a place like Ohio State or Nebraska.

You can't be serious? Trayon Gray has barely passed for 500 yards this season. Treon Harris would run a marathon around him as a QB. I shouldn't have even wasted my time.

Gray is not a d1 qb at a bcs school. More to being a qb than having a big arm

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Gray is not a d1 qb at a bcs school. More to being a qb than having a big arm

Our fanbase should be oh too aware.

More importantly we need this kid not to fall though the cracks as long as it's "only" a grade issue.

Advertisement
Back