Wow! Just WOW!!!

Many of these were really obvious holds, too. I understand missing a play or two, refs are human - but when it's been that obvious to me from my place in the stands or in front of a TV, there's a problem. I've never seen anything like last year, either.

Advertisement
The refs have always hated us and they always will. It was just more apparent in 2017 vs. the last few years because we had enough talent to make it more blatant.

The refs have always hated us and they always will. It was just more apparent in 2017 vs. the last few years because we had enough talent to make it more blatant.

Yep, I for sure thought they were going to overrule the TD vs FSU and hit us with the unsportsmanlike for the total ***** job...I was shook. ;)

I remember reading an article either after Syracuse or UVA where Miami sent in video of 10-15(?) plays with questionable no calls. NCAA responded saying that roughly 50% of those misses should have been flagged. I can't seem to find the article, but we definitely sent in video evidence last season and NCAA agreed with roughly half of those missed calls - Miami was not allowed to release the specific calls that were missed, just the count.

I remember yelling from the couch nearly every game about 4-5 times where you can visibly see guys jerseys getting pulled. One of the worst was on the Trent Harris against Wisconsin. Believe this was the call that finally caused richt to lose his ****.

I was having a good morning....now I am thinking about all the bull**** refs during the season.
the wisconsin game could have been a win if they called holding FFS
The holding, and how bout when cager was held in the endzone. The db actually pulled him back allowing the db to make the int. Went from a td to int...couldn't believe my eyes.

Advertisement
I can't find any statistics for number of holding penalties. All I can find is number of total penalties per game. In that regard, Miami was flagged and average of 5.1 times per game and their opponents the same 5.1 times per game.

The only holding penalty statistics I could find were from the NFL where there's an average of 21.19 offensive holding penalties per team for the 2017 season. That's an average of 1.32 per game per team. The Hurricanes were benefiting an average of .38 holding penalties per game.

I understand the non holding calls. Certain ACC schools (tobacco road schools) get preferential treatment. Add that to the fact that everyone and their mom despises Miami. Officials will never call in favor for Miami. They review plays that are no brainers. This will never change.

When we start beating the **** out teams physically, refs and their bull**** won’t matter.

The 100% FGs by opposing kickers was really annoying. Cold kickers, slipping kickers, beyond 50.... didn’t matter.

I get what your saying but a lot of these holds weren't ticky tac 50/50 calls.... they were pure maulings

This combined with opponents not missing a field goal all year was pretty remarkable.
This! ...never seen anything like it in all my years of playing and or watching! As far as the holding calls, Richt should put those ******* on blast via social media!!!!

Advertisement
It's no secret the NCAA hates us. We are a disruptor to the good ole boy schools. It's not about winning, it's about cash. The southern inbred schools and the rape enabling Notre Dames and PSUs of the world all hate us.

Worst part about this is that absolutely NOTHING will come of this.

Sucks to know how badly the zebras want us to lose.

It's no secret the NCAA hates us. We are a disruptor to the good ole boy schools. It's not about winning, it's about cash. The southern inbred schools and the rape enabling Notre Dames and PSUs of the world all hate us.

The NCAA is a business and they like what's good for business. Do you really think the NCAA has a favorite in the Miami vs LSU match-up?
No doubt certain people dislike certain programs, but there's no grand conspiracy.

They better bring this up to someone somewhere. We had 4 NFL players on our d-line & they couldn’t draw one hold in 31 quarters? Literally not possible.

Advertisement
I am glad someone brought this up and the missed field goals.

Most People seem to love to bring in "context" when it comes to things that bounced in our favor during a 10 win season (saying we could have lost more games)but conveniently forget about the bad things that went against us that we had to overcome.

It is not only the no-calls over the many years that have cost the Canes dearly; it has also been the countless egregious calls, two of which cost the Canes National Championships:

Miami vs. Notre Dame, October 18th, 1988, the Cleveland Gary non-fumble and the Miami vs. Ohio State, 2003 Fiesta Bowl, fantasy pass interference call by Terry Porter (consistently rated as one of the most horrible calls in college football history).

For almost four decades it has been an accepted truth, at least by many Miami players and fans, that the Canes not only have to beat their opponent, but beat the officials as well, which is a staggering realization. Seemingly most every significant positive play by the Canes triggers the officials to review said plays in hopes of vetoing them.

Last season saw many nail biting games in which some could have possibly been comfortable wins if not for having had to suffer through yet another year of bizarre (fraudulent) officiating. ****, the officiating in the Wisconsin game was worse than the officiating in the ‘Remember the Titans’ movie State Championship Game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back