WOW @DUMBnofrio...Thanks AL

### UNC has an up-tempo offense, and that raises the issue that Miami faced against Duke’s quick pace: Does UM try to substitute between plays, a strategy that left UM defenders seemingly confused at times and resulted in two illegal participation penalties against Duke because of late substitutions?

Coordinator Mark D’Onofrio didn’t answer directly but suggested he wouldn’t stop substituting merely because of the issues that created against Duke.

He said coaches must send in the players quickly and players need to have their chin straps buckled and “locked in” to get in the game quickly.

“Make sure guys are prepared for it," he said. "We’ll look to continue to improve in that area.”

Larry Scott said UM is evaluating its approach on that issue.

“How can you do it better and faster and put your kids in the best position possible to defend [it],” he said.

It’s understandable why UM would want to substitute personnel during series, but as former coach Dan Hawkins noted on the UM-Duke ESPNU broadcast, that strategy often left UM’s defensive linemen in motion, scrambling to get set, as the ball was snapped. Duke had several big plays when that happened.

“We have to get the plays called into the kids as quickly as possible so they can get aligned as quickly as possible when they accelerate the pace. It’s hard to re-enact in practice," Scott said. "Once the call is communicated, everybody can get in line and execute the call."

Effing moron.

That is a real gem, isn't it.

Advertisement
This guy is obviously trying to sabotage us. He knows he's gone after the season and wants revenge after his best friend/but buddy got fired

Shame Scott isn't giving Hurlie the chance to call plays and coordinate the defense. Getting Miami to its first ACC title game would definitely help boost Larry Scott's career in the right direction. This is a show case for him to immediately getting a HC gig at a smaller school like a Eastern Michigan, UMass, La Tech, etc...D'Onofrio about to fck sht up for him.

Hurlie is horrible.

I bet u think Mario can fix it.

Saban has trouble with this too, but that is where to comparisons end. Our old speedy aggressive play base and see if you can bet us defense was perfect for the uptempo. I wonder if there is anyone available to coach it next year? Until then, Scott needs to leave Mark on the bus and put our best 11 on the field and let them play.

Advertisement
if i'd taken a shot for all the times donofrdickface and grohlden said we have to fix it my liver would be pureeing out my asss

How about we have DL that's in good shape and can read offenses? And don't up tempo offenses get tired also?

It makes me not like Scott either that he didnt fire Donofrio immediately as HC.

Who is he gonna replace him with, though? Dorito is a moron, but he has infinitely more experience at being a DC than any of the other positional coaches. This is a case of there being literally nobody to replace Dorito with, so for that reason alone, you have to suck it up and deal with him until the end of the season. Somebody has to wear the DC headset.

That phuckin Al Golden was being a wise a$$ the whole time...motha phucker

Advertisement
do you all forget that d’onofrio’s defense owned UNC last year. it’s not like fedora magically invented a whole new scheme. Or was it just me in sun life stadium last november watching us up 44-6 at one point?

do you all forget that d’onofrio’s defense owned UNC last year. it’s not like fedora magically invented a whole new scheme. Or was it just me in sun life stadium last november watching us up 44-6 at one point?

You make a valid point.

Advertisement
Back