WOW @DUMBnofrio...Thanks AL

Scott needs to make a change with that guy if he wants to win. If no-d won't adjust to what Scott (HC) wants.... GTFO

Advertisement
Matt Porter ‏@mattyports · 3h3 hours ago
Scott said he and Mark D'Onofrio looked at not substituting as much vs. UNC. Sub issues on D hurt vs. FAU, Cincy, Duke...

Thank god Larry Scott recognizes it and is trying to do something. It's probably more tiring to run on and off the field every down then to just stay in and go full steam

Also, it's been said before, but Al and Dorito are the definition of insanity. How can we as fans, media, etc., see that substituting and different packages is hurting our defense and chances at winning, but these so called "football geniuses" can't figure it out.

Can't wait until all of "Al's Guys" are gone from this program.

Shame Scott isn't giving Hurlie the chance to call plays and coordinate the defense. Getting Miami to its first ACC title game would definitely help boost Larry Scott's career in the right direction. This is a show case for him to immediately getting a HC gig at a smaller school like a Eastern Michigan, UMass, La Tech, etc...D'Onofrio about to fck sht up for him.

Hurlie is horrible.

Agreed. I hope to god he isn't on the next staff

Advertisement
Shame Scott isn't giving Hurlie the chance to call plays and coordinate the defense. Getting Miami to its first ACC title game would definitely help boost Larry Scott's career in the right direction. This is a show case for him to immediately getting a HC gig at a smaller school like a Eastern Michigan, UMass, La Tech, etc...D'Onofrio about to fck sht up for him.

Hurlie is horrible.

But worse than Dorito? Remember, everything is relative.

these coaches have no clue. lol.. You don't sub against a hurry up team on the far hash marks. You wait until the play or players are close to your sideline

His career is over.

The best thing Scott can do is take control of this team (he is the HC) and do whatever it takes to win. He really is auditioning for another team and winning out would get him a promotion somewhere else.

There were a bunch of douchers on here that were saying that he was running Gorlden's D and it would change when Gorlden left.

I guess not.

Advertisement
If they try that substitution bullshyt against UNC, they'll be running a lot of plays on D with only 9 or 10 guys and no one lined up because UNC is way faster than Puke in their uptempo game.

Advertisement
Also, it's been said before, but Al and Dorito are the definition of insanity. How can we as fans, media, etc., see that substituting and different packages is hurting our defense and chances at winning, but these so called "football geniuses" can't figure it out.

Can't wait until all of "Al's Guys" are gone from this program.

Bunker mentality is part of what has destroyed this program. UM seems oblivious to the outside world. They just bunker down and tell each other what they think they want to hear.

Advertisement
It makes me not like Scott either that he didnt fire Donofrio immediately as HC.

Who is he gonna replace him with, though? Dorito is a moron, but he has infinitely more experience at being a DC than any of the other positional coaches. This is a case of there being literally nobody to replace Dorito with, so for that reason alone, you have to suck it up and deal with him until the end of the season. Somebody has to wear the DC headset.

If I was the new head coach the only coaches I would keep would be, Scott, Harris, and, Beard. The rest of the crew...Adios! You non coaching space wasters.

The players are doing more sprinting to get on/off the field on time than they would during a play. Besides, how tired does he think his players are when he has them playing the softest defense known to man? I hate everything about Dorito.

Advertisement
Back