Would you spend the 10k to go to CFP games?

Advertisement
I spent 12K all together back in 2002 (2001 Season) to go see Miami beat Nebraska. Flights, partying, and club seats. But then again, I am pretty privileged.

To answer the question, I would spend 20K to see Miami in the championship.

I went to the ACC championship game a couple years ago.
$400 for ticket
$100 for caddie fee for golf that morning
$100 for food/drink/Uber to game
$50 in gas (I live 2 hours from Charlotte)

That was a high roller day for me. 10k? No way.

I spent 12K all together back in 2002 (2001 Season) to go see Miami beat Nebraska. Flights, partying, and club seats. But then again, I am pretty privileged.

To answer the question, I would spend 20K to see Miami in the championship.

tenor (51).gif

Advertisement
I'm a Clemson grad. One of roommates has been to all of their post season games since 2013. He goes with his wife and their friends. He guesses he's spent over 50k in the past 6+ years going to all the games.

Guy does very well (CIO of a midsized company)...but still. It's crazy.

Advertisement
Don’t have that much money

Attachments

• EB1F8092-B604-4F53-B241-8606D35FE087.jpeg
    EB1F8092-B604-4F53-B241-8606D35FE087.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0
10K....That's a lot of money I could be spending on hookers....So, gonna be a no for me....

Had 2 endzone suite tickets for the '17 season and was offered the same for the Orange Bowl that year. $1000 for both at the Bowl which included all you can eat and drink and premium parking. Last year was a playoff game and I renewed for the same price. Those are worth it but 10k? **** to the naw!

Advertisement
Even if you're doing well, that's a tough pill to swallow

Imagine if your team loses? I would want to kill myself

I would bet that 10K at the beginning of the season on Miami winning the championship... then watch at home on the projector.... if you’re going to “throw away” the money... might as well have a major potential upside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back