Would you spend the 10k to go to CFP games?

Advertisement
Unless the []_[] was there I wouldn't even look at the prices, and then it would probably still be a no for me.

tenor-13.gif

Advertisement
No but you are looking at a very unique situation this year. LSU is essentially playing at home with a very rabid fan base plus Clemson maybe the best traveling fan base in the country. A championship game with Miami would not have the demand even if it was in the Orange Bowl.

I spent approximately $800-$1000 total for Miami vs. Notre Dame (2017)

That included:

Official tailgate party (unlimited food and drinks)
Orange Parking Permit
West End Zone Seat (About three or four rows from the bottom)
Reservation @ Olympic Hotel
As well as buying gas, travel, and personal fuel for the way down and duration.

It was my first live game ever, I parked my semi-truck and out flew a snowstorm in Madison, WI to get home two days before the game.

It was quite fun, and totally worth it.

$10k for the college football championship, for two people?

Unless Miami was playing, and I had exclusive seating and benefits, VIP treatment, everything taken care of, stepfather was there, etc.

I probably still wouldn't do it.

Just because you might have the money doesn't mean you should spend it.

I didn't miss a thing watching it in 2001 on television.

Something I might do for my stepfather is go down when we are back and get some killer seats and watch it together live, which we've not done. I'd also like to take him to the Kentucky Derby one time (he likes racing horses, always has).

Advertisement
Wish I could afford that, but I'd have to be pretty **** wealthy to justify dropping that kinda coin on a game.

Advertisement
Wish I could afford that, but I'd have to be pretty **** wealthy to justify dropping that kinda coin on a game.

Hey man, I felt a bit sick dropping a grand on the Miami/Notre Dame game...and I set all that up 30 days in advance.

Now did it turn out okay? **** YEAH. An atmosphere that rivaled the Orange Bowl, Catholics vs. Convicts, watching Ed Reed inducted to the Ring Of Honor, Bandy taking it to the house?

Part of me doesn't want to buy another ticket; I sort of hit the lottery. A top 10 matchup in a packed house with the people howling for blood; and I was one of them.

Hard to see topping that.

Make a good bit of money and wouldn’t dream of it. Maybe if we go another 20-25 year and suddenly make it there but otherwise no

Advertisement
I would probably spend a few grand to see only The U play. I would have to leave my wife at home because she is not in the budget for this type of once in a lifetime experience. Sorry, honey.

No. That Sugar Bowl against UT cost us a fortune to see the same ole Miami shytshow I’d always seen. Do wish I could have gone to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena as have always wanted to see that particular bowl game and parade. Otherwise, I’d rather go to a dogfight than watch this bunch get boat raced like that **** UT game, Just pathetic! Major reason I’m not a Vinny fan. (Along with PSU.)

Last edited:
Oh **** nah. Having gone to a packed meadowlands [the older version] when the Jets played the Chargers. I'm just thankful I only had to pee at halftime. I haven't got a clue about the updated arena. I feel this way because we traveled a couple hours to get to the game. Plus the price of the munchies was out of control. Also the security guards tried denying two others I was with because they went to the parking to smoke again. So yea, never again.

But myself I'd rather spend that cream on other things other than being packed in a crowd like a can of sardines. That's just me. And the luxury boxes would be higher priced I would assume.

Advertisement
Back