Would love for some of these topics to disappear for a bit...

HurricaneAce07

Class of 2007
New Stadium - this debate just recently popped up again. Just drop it as it is not going to happen any time soon, if at all. There is literally nowhere to build a college-level stadium anywhere close to campus or Coral Gables, even if it's a smaller 30-35k seats. Miami FC (MLS) had the backing an international superstar in David Beckham, state/local officials and a couple of billionaires; they had to settle on Ft Lauderdale after multiple years of failed negotiations in Miami-Dade.

Diaz + James fired at same time or James firing Diaz mid-season - there is a much higher chance that Blake James gets fired than Manny Diaz as of now. 1) Diaz was Blake's choice and he's going to live/die on that decision, 2) has a much longer tenure and "record" for the BoT to lean on, 3) has overseen the failed state of multiple high-profile UM sports (baseball, basketball, football) and 4) a brash choice now would essentially kill our 2022 class and open up the door for our young talent to transfer out - could set us back 2-3 years for whoever ends up owning the rebuild.

Name dropping every potential coaching candidate - I'd rather see another 20 post-game "in my opinion" threads than see another "Coach XX should be our next HC" thread. There are maybe 5 elite coaches in the country at this point; coaches that can recruit the right talent AND recruit the right coaching staff to develop that talent. Everyone else is just treading water to try and stay close to that level. The top 5-6 (Saban, Swinney, Riley, Fisher, Day, Smart) aren't going anywhere unless they are fired. The next tier (Kelly, Mullen, Brown, Franklin, Orgeron, Harbaugh, Cristobal, Gundy) *might* come here (very low chance), but we'd be paying $$$ for silver-medal performance; good, but not great. Nearly every "good" coaching option will be polarizing for this fanbase and will still struggle against the elites. Just realize that most of us here has been wrong in the past about "next best coach for Miami" - i.e. Frost, Herman, **** - a bunch of you were ****ed FSU got Norvell from Memphis!

We have a lot of really good, young talent on this team. The one thing that scares me more than anything is the potential for some of them to be run off by a fanbase that wants to go scorched earth with this university and its football program - I know a lot of people are done being patient, I get it. But none of the above is happening anytime soon - but at this point the players are what will make this team successful this season; gotta stick with them, support them and fight against the pressure.

Advertisement
I get your point, my guy. But, You are either part of the circle yerk or you sit it out
fap fap fap jerk off GIF

Advertisement
New Stadium - this debate just recently popped up again. Just drop it as it is not going to happen any time soon, if at all. There is literally nowhere to build a college-level stadium anywhere close to campus or Coral Gables, even if it's a smaller 30-35k seats. Miami FC (MLS) had the backing an international superstar in David Beckham, state/local officials and a couple of billionaires; they had to settle on Ft Lauderdale after multiple years of failed negotiations in Miami-Dade.

Diaz + James fired at same time or James firing Diaz mid-season - there is a much higher chance that Blake James gets fired than Manny Diaz as of now. 1) Diaz was Blake's choice and he's going to live/die on that decision, 2) has a much longer tenure and "record" for the BoT to lean on, 3) has overseen the failed state of multiple high-profile UM sports (baseball, basketball, football) and 4) a brash choice now would essentially kill our 2022 class and open up the door for our young talent to transfer out - could set us back 2-3 years for whoever ends up owning the rebuild.

Name dropping every potential coaching candidate - I'd rather see another 20 post-game "in my opinion" threads than see another "Coach XX should be our next HC" thread. There are maybe 5 elite coaches in the country at this point; coaches that can recruit the right talent AND recruit the right coaching staff to develop that talent. Everyone else is just treading water to try and stay close to that level. The top 5-6 (Saban, Swinney, Riley, Fisher, Day, Smart) aren't going anywhere unless they are fired. The next tier (Kelly, Mullen, Brown, Franklin, Orgeron, Harbaugh, Cristobal, Gundy) *might* come here (very low chance), but we'd be paying $$$ for silver-medal performance; good, but not great. Nearly every "good" coaching option will be polarizing for this fanbase and will still struggle against the elites. Just realize that most of us here has been wrong in the past about "next best coach for Miami" - i.e. Frost, Herman, **** - a bunch of you were ****ed FSU got Norvell from Memphis!

We have a lot of really good, young talent on this team. The one thing that scares me more than anything is the potential for some of them to be run off by a fanbase that wants to go scorched earth with this university and its football program - I know a lot of people are done being patient, I get it. But none of the above is happening anytime soon - but at this point the players are what will make this team successful this season; gotta stick with them, support them and fight against the pressure.
What would you like to discuss then? ****ies are about all I can think of that's left and they are no bueno in here.

If you’re worried about them being run off by the fanbase then you’ve got bigger issues

Advertisement
Plenrty of room for a stadium 5 minutes from campus at Tropical Park.
HRS is a horrible fit unless you're into echoes, empty seats and distractions.
And nice amenities, stadium seats, plenty of parking, and a convenient location.

And that will get better at Tropical Park increasing the student attendance by 100? Dude, students rarely fill their allotment at basketball games (even when we were good) and the arena is 3 minutes from the Towers.

Come up with some more interesting, original topics, put them out there, and see how much interest they generate. I’m taking the under.
Mindless babbling and self-gratifying, meaningless repetition are neither interesting nor original. They lead to herd immunity from sanity. Try to find the last days of Grassy somewhere in internet heaven and you will realize we are now hearing the echoes from the past.

Advertisement
And that will get better at Tropical Park increasing the student attendance by 100? Dude, students rarely fill their allotment at basketball games (even when we were good) and the arena is 3 minutes from the Towers.
Proximity to campus isn't even my main beef with HRS. HRS is awesome just not for us. Miami needs a 50k seat stadium with fewer frills. The seats behind the Miami bench are always empty because they're serving champagne in one of 600 lounges designed to take your attention away from the field of play.

Mindless babbling and self-gratifying, meaningless repetition are neither interesting nor original. They lead to herd immunity from sanity. Try to find the last days of Grassy somewhere in internet heaven and you will realize we are now hearing the echoes from the past.
I know you found plenty of grassy! 🤣
Slow Motion Smoking GIF

So you want to board to cease to exist because at this point those are all the major issues rolled into different variations. Its easier for you to disappear. OP

Advertisement
HRS can be an amazing place (see ND game) if we are ever good again. Being in that place was insane that night.

Optimally, a 40k seat stadium would suffice for UM.

I get it, I agree, but some ppl either have nothing else to talk about or:

Giving different REFRESHING insights and views on how we are viewing this 15+ year ****show is something I don't mind, though.
It's CIS, it is what it is.

Advertisement
Back