Would having no fans diminish your hype for a season?

Does not having any fans at the game sap any excitement for you about the season?

• **** no, I couldn't care less as long as we play football

Votes: 120 60.0%
  • I'm still really excited if we have a season, but it won't be as good without fans & tailgating

Votes: 75 37.5%
  • Not having fans/tailgates has taken all the excitement out of the season for me

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
Advertisement
While no game day experience is disappointing, in the end its about supporting and acknowledging the athletic excellence and quality performance of our Canes.

The majority of this board never goes to games
I bet the actual numbers of supposed "graduates" and "season ticket holders" is very low.

Some for sure, not near as many as claimed. Goodness I wasn't that drunk (ok I was) through my four years to not remember most of the douches round here...or at least be regaled in tales of their Legends...

The majority of this board never goes to games
Question: In today's media age, what constitutes "goes to games"? A$$ in stadium seat to only just pay attention to your phone? Tailgating and watching on a big screen outside? Throwing popcorn at your home TV because the refs are anti-Miami?

Is the future of sports more like select in-show audiences and everyone else just watches from.afar?

Advertisement
Question: In today's media age, what constitutes "goes to games"? A$$ in stadium seat to only just pay attention to your phone? Tailgating and watching on a big screen outside? Throwing popcorn at your home TV because the refs are anti-Miami?

Is the future of sports more like select in-show audiences and everyone else just watches from.afar?

Maybe I’m old school, but to me going to the game means tailgating, standing for the national anthem and staying until the final whistle.

Fans provide energy and hostility which would leave a noticeable void. But football on tv is football on tv.

I'm struggling with this one. On one hand, I just wanna see the kids play ball. There's so much excitement around some of the studs we have on this roster, and for me personally I cannot wait to see what D'Eriq King can do in a Rhett Lashlee offense. So of course, just give me football in any capacity, and I'll be thrilled.

But I can't help having the vision pop into my head of playing a game in an empty stadium. And if anyone makes this political, I genuinely hope you get absolutely indescribable diarrhea, but at this point we all have to be realistic and pretty much accept the fact that if we are able to play, there will be no fans at the games, or at absolute best, very, very few.

Does this sap any excitement for any of you at all? I can't shake the thought of how weird that would be. Miami and FSU at the rock, at 8pm in early November, King spins out of a potential sack, rolls left, and floats a dime to Brevin Jordan who rises above Hamsah Nasirildeen to make a spectacular TD catch....and there's just silence? How ******* weird is that going to be? No tailgating? There's a game at the Rock right down the road, and we just have to sit in our houses all day until we kick off in primetime in front of nobody?

So I guess to me, I'm beyond excited to play, and I think the fact that there is a potential scenario where we get robbed of a season is making my appetite even more ravenous than usual. But are you guys let down at all by almost assuredly playing in front of literally no one? Or could you not care less as long as we play?

AND

NO

I AM RHETTY

Let's start a tradition like this at Hard Rock!
6DE32G2XR5E6RC3OFTQALZRC64.jpg

Advertisement
GIVE ME CFB, leaving the fans home would be good no home field advantage!! WE WANT FOOTBALL, how we can get basketball BUT NO FOOTBALL, HOW IS THAT??

Advertisement
I'm struggling with this one. On one hand, I just wanna see the kids play ball. There's so much excitement around some of the studs we have on this roster, and for me personally I cannot wait to see what D'Eriq King can do in a Rhett Lashlee offense. So of course, just give me football in any capacity, and I'll be thrilled.

But I can't help having the vision pop into my head of playing a game in an empty stadium. And if anyone makes this political, I genuinely hope you get absolutely indescribable diarrhea, but at this point we all have to be realistic and pretty much accept the fact that if we are able to play, there will be no fans at the games, or at absolute best, very, very few.

Does this sap any excitement for any of you at all? I can't shake the thought of how weird that would be. Miami and FSU at the rock, at 8pm in early November, King spins out of a potential sack, rolls left, and floats a dime to Brevin Jordan who rises above Hamsah Nasirildeen to make a spectacular TD catch....and there's just silence? How ******* weird is that going to be? No tailgating? There's a game at the Rock right down the road, and we just have to sit in our houses all day until we kick off in primetime in front of nobody?

So I guess to me, I'm beyond excited to play, and I think the fact that there is a potential scenario where we get robbed of a season is making my appetite even more ravenous than usual. But are you guys let down at all by almost assuredly playing in front of literally no one? Or could you not care less as long as we play?
Sing it ---- You cant always get what want but if you try sometimes you just might get what need !! FOOTBALL

Don't give a fck about fans at this point. I just want some **** football. They could play in a goddam plastic bubble like John Travolta.

How very respectable of you. You throw fits about random people not wearing a mask, yet here you are crying about a season all the while not caring about the players.

Advertisement
I don’t care. More fans are better, but I just want to play ball. That’s what it is ultimately about.

Don't give a fck about fans at this point. I just want some **** football. They could play in a goddam plastic bubble like John Travolta.
I like how you went with the original bubble boy. I would of went a little more comedic, like so......
1595374972299.png

They should let us tailgate free and go around with a DB meter and pick the loudest fans to attend the game socially distancing, I am practicing
C A N E S GO CANES! ;)

Advertisement
Back