Would having no fans diminish your hype for a season?

Does not having any fans at the game sap any excitement for you about the season?

• **** no, I couldn't care less as long as we play football

Votes: 120 60.0%
  • I'm still really excited if we have a season, but it won't be as good without fans & tailgating

Votes: 75 37.5%
  • Not having fans/tailgates has taken all the excitement out of the season for me

Votes: 5 2.5%

• Total voters
I'm struggling with this one. On one hand, I just wanna see the kids play ball. There's so much excitement around some of the studs we have on this roster, and for me personally I cannot wait to see what D'Eriq King can do in a Rhett Lashlee offense. So of course, just give me football in any capacity, and I'll be thrilled.

But I can't help having the vision pop into my head of playing a game in an empty stadium. And if anyone makes this political, I genuinely hope you get absolutely indescribable diarrhea, but at this point we all have to be realistic and pretty much accept the fact that if we are able to play, there will be no fans at the games, or at absolute best, very, very few.

Does this sap any excitement for any of you at all? I can't shake the thought of how weird that would be. Miami and FSU at the rock, at 8pm in early November, King spins out of a potential sack, rolls left, and floats a dime to Brevin Jordan who rises above Hamsah Nasirildeen to make a spectacular TD catch....and there's just silence? How ******* weird is that going to be? No tailgating? There's a game at the Rock right down the road, and we just have to sit in our houses all day until we kick off in primetime in front of nobody?

So I guess to me, I'm beyond excited to play, and I think the fact that there is a potential scenario where we get robbed of a season is making my appetite even more ravenous than usual. But are you guys let down at all by almost assuredly playing in front of literally no one? Or could you not care less as long as we play?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know the team can sure feed off the crowd, but at this point, I'm agreeing with @The Franchise.

tenor (8).gif

Advertisement
Fans or no fans - I want football, and I want Miami football. If that means I only get UM football if no fans are allowed? So be it.

I'm not sure how I'll react if they cancel the season and I never get to see King and Roche play for Miami. That would be in my top 5 low moments as a UM fan.

Last edited:
Fans or no fans - I want football, and I want Miami football. If that means I only get UM football if no fans are allowed? So be it.

I'm not sure how I'll react if than cancel the season and I never get to see King play for Miami. That would be in my top 5 low moments as a UM fan.

The pessimist in me has had this thought run through my mind literally every single day since mid-March. I am going to be absolute gutted if I can't see this kid play for Miami.

I'm struggling with this one. On one hand, I just wanna see the kids play ball. There's so much excitement around some of the studs we have on this roster, and for me personally I cannot wait to see what D'Eriq King can do in a Rhett Lashlee offense. So of course, just give me football in any capacity, and I'll be thrilled.

But I can't help having the vision pop into my head of playing a game in an empty stadium. And if anyone makes this political, I genuinely hope you get absolutely indescribable diarrhea, but at this point we all have to be realistic and pretty much accept the fact that if we are able to play, there will be no fans at the games, or at absolute best, very, very few.

Does this sap any excitement for any of you at all? I can't shake the thought of how weird that would be. Miami and FSU at the rock, at 8pm in early November, King spins out of a potential sack, rolls left, and floats a dime to Brevin Jordan who rises above Hamsah Nasirildeen to make a spectacular TD catch....and there's just silence? How ******* weird is that going to be? No tailgating? There's a game at the Rock right down the road, and we just have to sit in our houses all day until we kick off in primetime in front of nobody?

So I guess to me, I'm beyond excited to play, and I think the fact that there is a potential scenario where we get robbed of a season is making my appetite even more ravenous than usual. But are you guys let down at all by almost assuredly playing in front of literally no one? Or could you not care less as long as we play?
You've obviously never seen a Miami home game.

Legit question OP...but, the more I think about it, the answer is no, not for me. I just wanna see wins.

I'd love to see UM just go play some games and starting winning.

Advertisement
Give zero F's if fans are not there. Just give us some games. Maybe we'll see more of the game and players instead of camera shots of fans doing stupid **** in the stands.

As long as we have football it's fine with me. This ain't the SEC where football is a means for fans to validate each other.

Advertisement
Just want football. I look forward to going to the games every year but The school can either run me money or apply it to next year's tickets and a parking pass

If we have to add an addendum to our Rental Contract with the Rock, for so much income derived from our games, (lost because of non attendance) then do it anyway.
Play football and let the revenue fall short, where it will.......bring on the games....

Advertisement
Back