Would defeating FSU be enough to calm the waters...

Advertisement
Mandy can't lose to the Turds and Semenholes in the same year. No matter the locations. And that's it.

This. There was absolutely nothing fun about 1997. I have no clue what these dudes are talking about. Butch Davis really has morphed into "Jimmy Johnson" status on this board. Smh.
Hate to say it, but JJ only won one title here, and it **** sure should have been more. If any legend is grossly exaggerated, it is that of Jimmy Johnson. If he wins the Sugar Bowl to end the 85 season, he wins the title. If he wins the Fiesta to end the 86 season, he wins the title. If he runs out on the field to correct the refs at South Bend, which wouldn't have been so hard since they admitted after the game how badly they screwed up, he more than likely wins another title. He inherited a monster, while Butch inherited a dumpster fire.

I was sad to see JJ go, but don't act like the man didn't have his flaws. Had Butch stayed, he'd have been a bigger Miami legend than JJ. Also, had the computers not screwed #2 Miami from playing for the title, Butch more than likely has the same amount of championships as JJ.

Advertisement
We have the talent to win some games despite terrible coaching. Don't let moral victories change the tide

Hate to say it, but JJ only won one title here, and it **** sure should have been more. If any legend is grossly exaggerated, it is that of Jimmy Johnson. If he wins the Sugar Bowl to end the 85 season, he wins the title. If he wins the Fiesta to end the 86 season, he wins the title. If he runs out on the field to correct the refs at South Bend, which wouldn't have been so hard since they admitted after the game how badly they screwed up, he more than likely wins another title. He inherited a monster, while Butch inherited a dumpster fire.

I was sad to see JJ go, but don't act like the man didn't have his flaws. Had Butch stayed, he'd have been a bigger Miami legend than JJ. Also, had the computers not screwed #2 Miami from playing for the title, Butch more than likely has the same amount of championships as JJ.

LOL. You must be under the age of 50. Nobody above the age of 50 would ever say this. Its your opinion though so hey.

So pitt was 5-2 better than us right? They beat UCF one of the best teams in Florida that nobody wants to put on there schedule. This is my point it was a good win for us beating a team that was better than us all around. Now if we beat fsu this week it will speak volumes to kids here in florida to say hey we are in better shape then fspooo. We need this win bad and it would change how the players think as well. Im sorry but beating fsu will change this team around completely.

Advertisement
Aside from UM beating FSU 77-10 and averaging 45 points a game the rest of the year, I’d be super ****ed off if no changes were made to the offensive staff, at an absolute minimum

LOL. You must be under the age of 50. Nobody above the age of 50 would ever say this. Its your opinion though so hey.
I was alive to witness it. JJ wasn't as loved back then as you might think. He blew more titles than he should have. Like I said, I was sad when he left, because he had us playing for titles, but winning them was a problem.

No, we lost to gtech, NC and bare squeaked by CMU. We are not a good team however I really think unfortunately that while FSU is bad we are worse . A win really doesn’t mean that much to me. A loss is just one more bad experience.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Win the rest, somehow end up in a tie breaker situation in the Coastal that Miami wins, beat Clemson, Win BCS bowl game.

Do that and we can at least talk about a truce

Advertisement
IF we win out, it probably means the O started to click. Now, I don't see the O starting to click, nor do I see us winning out. However, IF we win out, I expect no changes at all. I just want to see improvement from the beginning of the season to the end, and so far it just isn't happening.
Yea that's the problem...IF we win out, that means things are going relatively well, thus NO changes.

Advertisement
Back