Would Chudzinki take the job if offered?

Advertisement
I think he would and I think he would excel. I only question if he would be here a short period of time before another NFL gig opens. Maybe his bad deal in Cleveland gave him second thoughts about the NFL?

I think he would and I think he would excel. I only question if he would be here a short period of time before another NFL gig opens. Maybe his bad deal in Cleveland gave him second thoughts about the NFL?

He is my pick but I have no clue if he would take it. Success here would get him back to NFL NC job. For me, that is the type of coach I want. Larry, Randy and Al were all stay on guys. I want aggressive climbers who use NCs as stepping stones to NFL HC jobs. Much prefer a good ***** to someone seeking to be a god.

Advertisement
Quite honestly he is much more compatible to the pro game. As I recall, he did not like the recruiting aspect of the college game. He was not a good recruiter when he was here. Don't see how that has changed 11 years away from the college game. You have to want to recruit to be successful.

Advertisement

If the bad deal in Cleveland gave him second thoughts, would he be working in the NFL right now?[/QUOTE]

He's a special assistant. Not exactly a dream job.

He was paid a lump sum of 10.5 million bucks by the Browns. He would have to forfeit a part of that if he took another coaching job. He is not technically a coach right now.

He is waiting for the right job to open up....maybe the one in Coral Gables?

Advertisement
He was paid a lump sum of 10.5 million bucks by the Browns. He would have to forfeit a part of that if he took another coaching job. He is not technically a coach right now.

He is waiting for the right job to open up....maybe the one in Coral Gables?

You sure of that? I think NFL coaching contracts are slightly different than your typical college coach buyouts. Not saying you're wrong but haven't heard this mentioned before in relation to fired NFL coaches taking new jobs.

Advertisement
Back