Worst Hitting Miami Team Ever?

Advertisement
I could understand change-ups and sliders. They are the hardest to recognize. But the curveball? Worst part is most of the guys let the fat hanging curveball go for a strike. No pitch recognition, ie guessing, or lack of confidence. Then they try to pull the curveball that starts on the outside black and finishes well off the plate. Basically, your hips and shoulder should finish pointed to where you wan't to hit the ball. They should not be pointed at the short stop or 3rd baseman on an outside pitch if you are a right handed batter.

Easy to see bad approaches because their hips and front shoulder finish to the pull side when they should be opposite on outside pitches. If your a right handed batter, your hips and shoulder should be pointed towards the 2nd baseman on outside pitches as you drive the ball into the right center gap for a double. Have a look in the next games to see what the hitter does.

I've said it here many times. With 2 strikes, all hitters should try to hit the ball to the opposite field because 9/10 times the pitcher is going to throw an outside pitch. If your going to guess, guess outside location, but not curveball or fastball. Very few college pitchers throw inside with 2 strikes.
Amen - you must have heard me yelling at the tv as we just flailed at lefty curves. All about coaching there.

Advertisement
Back