Worst case scenario?(hold your nose)

Salt

"Assigned species at birth"
What if we can't get Mario (for whatever reason) this year and Zo becomes Head of Football (very likely), we get a lesser AD candidate like Gino (likely) to run the rest of the department and spearhead fundraising, etc. promote TRob to DC, promote Reed to safeties, and keep Manuela under this restructure on the defensive side for at least another year. Not saying this will happen but certainly within realm of possibility. How would you guys feel bout that scenario?

Advertisement
20689654-61B0-4487-AB56-DFD8E44BBAEB.gif

Advertisement
What if we can't get Mario (for whatever reason) this year and Zo becomes Head of Football (very likely), we get a lesser AD candidate like Gino (likely) to run the rest of the department and spearhead fundraising, etc. promote TRob to DC, promote Reed to safeties, and keep Manuela under this restructure on the defensive side for at least another year. Not saying this will happen but certainly within realm of possibility. How would you guys feel bout that scenario?

Not getting into the Manny stuff, but lol Ed Reed is not accepting a full time football assistant job here or anywhere.

So let's take a guy that's group has been underperforming and make him the DC and a guy that's never been a position coach and make him one, oy....this place!

Advertisement
So let's take a guy that's group has been underperforming and make him the DC and a guy that's never been a position coach and make him one, oy....this place!
You think him and Manny see eye to eye on defense? I think he just does what he is told and hasn't been really happy about it. Ed Reed did have a job assisting with coaching defensive backs at Buffalo once. He definitely knows the position at a HOF level if he wants the job do you tell him "no"?

Advertisement
You think him and Manny see eye to eye on defense? I think he just does what he is told and hasn't been really happy about it. Ed Reed did have a job assisting with coaching defensive backs at Buffalo once. He definitely knows the position at a HOF level if he wants the job do you tell him "no"?
Look, I like both guys, but I have to respectfully disagree.

That would certainly be a collapse from what is planned and being worked on. Legitimate, experienced AD, sir. Do not settle for less.

A legit and experienced AD that is willing to have a very important asst. with some power over football already decided for them? I think Zo seems pretty much a done deal. No?

Advertisement
This scenario makes no sense. OP, do you think that those people you list in charge of the program would not be able to find a more suitable coach than Diaz?

My impression is that TRob is already out the door mentally, he just needs to decide what time zone he wants to live in.

Also, Mario isn't the only option. With a new AD, we're nowhere near the level of ****show FSU was when they got down to option 5 turning them down and having to pick Norvell, who was waving his hand yelling, "Pick ME!"

We'll be TNM free soon enough.

A legit and experienced AD that is willing to have a very important asst. with some power over football already decided for them? I think Zo seems pretty much a done deal. No?
I'm up for it. Start with the experienced AD and then evaluate whether Zo is a fit as Director of Football Ops. I'd imagine he is, but do the entire evaluation and ensure it all works together.

Advertisement
Back