Worst Canes games this millenium

Since 2000.

Fiesta Bowl loss to OSU under Coker

Blowout bowl loss to LSU under Coker

Last game 48-0 loss at OB to UVA

Loss to unranked GT while ranked 3rd
Loss at unranked UNC while ranked 4th, followed by home loss to unranked Clemson, under Coker.

Blowout loss at Louisville under Coker. Canes stomped mid-field logo pregame and were stomped on the field.

Loss to NC State, completing ONE pass with 3 INTs, under Shannon (?)

Blowout home loss to FSU, 45-17. FSU scored late on a 90+ yard run but it was called back on a penalty. Noles ran same play again and scored on a 90+ yard run. Shannon’s final season.

Loss at Cincinnati under Golden

Consecutive losses to VaTech, at Duke under Golden, following loss to FSU.

Bowl game blowout loss to Louisville followed by opening game blowout road loss at Louisville the following season, under Golden.
thank you Templarpedia .... lol

Advertisement
I cried a little typing that list.

You also forgot...
the Pitt loss, ranked #2.

The '09 VT beat down.

The losing to a 2-10 2011 Maryland team.

The 2012 Kansas State blowout.

The *** whopping vs FSU in 2013 in a top 10 match up.

The blocked PAT in 2016 vs FSU followed by losing to a 4-8 ND team in 2016.

58-0 and 35-3 loss to Clemson in the ACCCG.

Losing in the Orange Bowl to Wisconsin followed by the LSU slam down the next year year, ranked #8.

Advertisement
You also forgot...
the Pitt loss, ranked #2.

The '09 VT beat down.

The losing to a 2-10 2011 Maryland team.

The 2012 Kansas State blowout.

The *** whopping vs FSU in 2013 in a top 10 match up.

The blocked PAT in 2016 vs FSU followed by losing to a 4-8 ND team in 2016.

58-0 and 35-3 loss to Clemson in the ACCCG.

Losing in the Orange Bowl to Wisconsin followed by the LSU slam down the next year year, ranked #8.

Some of these weren’t unexpected, like Clemson and FSU beatdowns. Miami had no chance in those games. I was trying to list games where there was some hope Miami could win or should win.

But thank you anyway.

last hurrah at OB. took my son and he cried all night long.
P1010049.JPG

Advertisement
I'd say that the CMU and GT games are up there. This is the first time 2 of these types of games have occurred in the same year.

The only other game I can think of that was similarly bad was the UVA Orange Bowl debacle. The 2015 Clemson loss was at least vs a team that went to the NC game.

Butch losing to ECU twice and going 2-7 vs FSU and VT

I'd say that the CMU and GT games are up there. This is the first time 2 of these types of games have occurred in the same year.

The only other game I can think of that was similarly bad was the UVA Orange Bowl debacle. The 2015 Clemson loss was at least vs a team that went to the NC game.

You literally just unmade your own point with two games that were drastically worse.

48-0 in the Orange Bowl to a mid-level ACC team in Virginia—final game in that stadium in history—and 58-0 to Clemson in Al Golden's fifth season ... and you're calling a 28-21 loss to Georgia Tech and a 17-12 "win" over CMU worse?

LSU Peach Bowl in 2005, that started the downfall—40-3—was one of the worst things ever witnessed; #8 Canes just destroyed by the #9 Tigers — and this program is 100-74 since that game.

Fans would run Manny over in the street if either Virginia / Clemson shut Miami out and laid 50 points on him. Stop it—and get some perspective.

Butch losing to ECU twice and going 2-7 vs FSU and VT

Agree, but neither were this millennium; that was all in the nineties.

Butch was 2-10 against Florida State and Virginia Tech; 0-5 against each in the nineties and got his lone wins against the Noles and Hokies in 2000.

Advertisement
You literally just unmade your own point with two games that were drastically worse.

48-0 in the Orange Bowl to a mid-level ACC team in Virginia—final game in that stadium in history—and 58-0 to Clemson in Al Golden's fifth season ... and you're calling a 28-21 loss to Georgia Tech and a 17-12 "win" over CMU worse?

LSU Peach Bowl in 2005, that started the downfall—40-3—was one of the worst things ever witnessed; #8 Canes just destroyed by the #9 Tigers — and this program is 100-74 since that game.

Fans would run Manny over in the street if either Virginia / Clemson shut Miami out and laid 50 points on him. Stop it—and get some perspective.

Losing at home to a Georgia Tech team that lost to the Citadel is a worse result than the Peach Bowl, and probably even 58-0 to Clemson. Maybe not worse than 48-0 to a 9-4 UVA team that lost to Wyoming.

Advertisement
I know this year feels worse because it's in the present, but I wouldn't say it's worse than 2015.

FAU
- Game was tied 20-20 in the 4th
Nebraska - We're winning 33-10 in the 4th quarter, and ended up in OT
Cincinnati - Lost by 11 to a team that had already lost to Temple
Clemson - Lost 58-0
Duke - Needed a miracle 8 lateral kickoff return on the last play to win the game
UVA - only won by 6
UNC - Lost by 38
Wash St. - Lost by 6. Walton fumbles the go ahead TD on the 5 yd line with 4 min left, Defense forces 3 & Out. Get the ball back on the Wash 28 with 2 min left. First play - Yearby throws an INT on an f'ing HB pass.

And that was an 8-5 season. That was one of our better seasons. 2019 feels like a rerun of 2015 to me, just with a slightly worse record.

Advertisement
Back