Worst Canes games this millenium

Johnson3

Banned
Banned
I'd say that the CMU and GT games are up there. This is the first time 2 of these types of games have occurred in the same year.

The only other game I can think of that was similarly bad was the UVA Orange Bowl debacle. The 2015 Clemson loss was at least vs a team that went to the NC game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How quickly people forget about losing to USF at home then going there and beating them 6-3 (LOL) the next year in 2010-2011.

Pretty funny that after things like that and of course UVA in the last night of the OB that "rock bottom" is even mentioned right now.

Advertisement
How quickly people forget about losing to USF at home then going there and beating them 6-3 (LOL) the next year in 2010-2011.

Pretty funny that after things like that and of course UVA in the last night of the OB that "rock bottom" is even mentioned right now.

USF was a somewhat competitive team before the Big East fell apart.

pit-of-misery-59f16e.jpg

It was shameful the way we closed out the OB but UVA was clearly the better team on paper and on the field. Same with Clemson.

That LSU bowl debacle was pretty bad. Back then we all thought we were a top program. Little did we know that was just the beginning of 2 decades of mediocrity.

Advertisement
A few off the top of my head that bothered the sh*t out of me: CMU, GT 2019, USF loss, GT 2008 (first time against the option), Pitt 2017(although we knew we’d be exposed eventually we would’ve been ranked #1 had we won) LSU peach bowl. All those losses brought us to back to reality.

1999 Penn State at the OB was a bad one for me. Was there. I think a tropical storm was hitting all weekend. Depressing Sunday, but the next four years were a beauty.

Advertisement
Since 2000.

Fiesta Bowl loss to OSU under Coker

Blowout bowl loss to LSU under Coker

Last game 48-0 loss at OB to UVA

Loss to unranked GT while ranked 3rd
Loss at unranked UNC while ranked 4th, followed by home loss to unranked Clemson, under Coker.

Blowout loss at Louisville under Coker. Canes stomped mid-field logo pregame and were stomped on the field.

Loss to NC State, completing ONE pass with 3 INTs, under Shannon (?)

Blowout home loss to FSU, 45-17. FSU scored late on a 90+ yard run but it was called back on a penalty. Noles ran same play again and scored on a 90+ yard run. Shannon’s final season.

Loss at Cincinnati under Golden

Consecutive losses to VaTech, at Duke under Golden, following loss to FSU.

Bowl game blowout loss to Louisville followed by opening game blowout road loss at Louisville the following season, under Golden.

Y’all been around the last 15 years..OU in 07..FSU in 10..UVA in 07..Tenn in 04..Duke a couple times..USF In 10..there’s plenty before any this year

Advertisement
Back