Worst 5 losses post 1980

Advertisement
Saturday was absolutely a Top 5 loss. A 3 loss rival team breaks records on your home turf. Should be worse for the slurpers because they thought “ we back “.

Virginia hurt

LSU hurt

Maryland Loss hurt

Flutie really hurt

Probably not a top 10 loss but when Clemson rag dolled us and didn’t even go to the locker room at half was embarrassing also.

TerragonSix's List Of Torture And Pain

1.) 2002 National Championship Game
2.) 2008 UVA
3.) 1986 Fiesta Bowl
4.) 1987 Notre Dame
5.) Hail Flutie

Advertisement
TerragonSix's List Of Torture And Pain

1.) 2002 National Championship Game
2.) 2008 UVA
3.) 1986 Fiesta Bowl
4.) 1987 Notre Dame
5.) Hail Flutie
Agree.

There may have to be 2 separate top fives.
Saturday, Clemson, UVA, Syracuse, and GT were reality checks as to where we are as a program.
Arizona 1993 could be in there as well.

In the T&P list above were 3 total plays away from 3 more Natty's.
Shear torture.

35-3 Wisconsin-32 point margin
38-3 Clemson-35 point margin
58-0 Clemson-58 point margin
52-13 Kansas State-39 point margin
59-21 UNC-38 point margin
36-9 Louisville-27 point margin
41-3 Notre Dame-38 point margin
51-13 OU-38 point margin
48-0 UVA-48 point margin
62-26 UNC-36 point margin

Advertisement
The fact that two of them happened on Manny's watch tells you all you need to know about him.

Also I'd replace the loss to FSU ( Which I expected to lose big just not by that much) .....with the loss to 48-0 Virginia ( Which was completely unexpected)
We just going to ignore Manny getting shutout by a G5 team? The first P5 team to get shutout by a non power team in a bowl game. Pure humiliation.

Agreed with FSU given the context.

Last edited:
Advertisement
1. 48-0 vs UVA in the last game at the OB
2. FIU last year
3. 59-0 vs Clemson in Golden's final shower
4. Fiesta Bowl in 1986 season (To so fully dominate an opponent that badly and still lose a game of that magnitude will never not sting)
5. Flip a coin...the game Saturday is up there, 51-13 in Norman in 2007, 52-13 in Manhattan in 2012, 41-3 that same year to ND in Chicago, 59- 21 to UNC in 2015. I'd be fine with any of those. But I don't think any were worse than the 4 above that I listed. If you don't think the Fiesta
Bowl vs Ped St should be listed because these are just straight embarrassments and that was a close game, I get it. But I will go to my grave
saying the 1986 team was, at worst, the 2nd best Miami team of all-time and to lose with an almost 400 yard advantage will haunt me until I
die.

Oh and a side note, I really can't consider 47-0 to FSU in 1997 really or even the Cuse game in 1998. The roster was decimated by sanctions, especially in 1997. And yes, I know we beat UCLA in 1998 after the Cuse game, but we really didn't, Edgerrin James did and the other 84 kids just kinda watched. It was the most dominating performance I've ever seen by a Cane player in my life. So, as bad as those were in 97 and 98, I put them below the ones I listed because the program really wasn't at full strength. The ones above, we have NO excuses.

Homestly surprised no one remembered to mention the '02 OSU game.

That is number one on my list, because my stepdad broke a window accidentally during the game, and we watched the U Part 2, when that game came up, we both agreed to watch something else.

I literally cannot bring the subject up when I visit stepdad. Thats how mad we are about it.

It is our version of Voldermort.

Advertisement
Homestly surprised no one remembered to mention the '02 OSU game.

That is number one on my list, because my stepdad broke a window accidentally during the game, and we watched the U Part 2, when that game came up, we both agreed to watch something else.

I literally cannot bring the subject up when I visit stepdad. Thats how mad we are about it.

It is our version of Voldermort.
Yep, having #6 stolen from us hurts. I guess people are more going for unexpected losses.

Surprised no one has mentioned Pinstripe Bowl 2018. Was one of the worst football games (if not the worst) I've ever seen in person. Reminded me of last week's game. Jonathan Taylor was running circles around us and the game was over halfway through the first quarter. And CMR knew he was done.

I would say the worst loss in the history of UM was the one we just watched against NC. it's very simple logic fellas. We were FAVORED TO WIN by 3- 3 1/2 POINTS and received a colossal thrashing in every aspect of the game. Coupled with the bad loss to FIU last year I have no clue how this man keeps his job for next year. It's a clear case that UM has lost its lust for being a very competitive university football program in the NCAA. That is squarely on the BOARD and Blake. Such a travesty to let Manny coach another season.

I would say the worst loss in the history of UM was the one we just watched against NC. it's very simple logic fellas. We were FAVORED TO WIN by 3- 3 1/2 POINTS and received a colossal thrashing in every aspect of the game. Coupled with the bad loss to FIU last year I have no clue how this man keeps his job for next year. It's a clear case that UM has lost its lust for being a very competitive university football program in the NCAA. That is squarely on the BOARD and Blake. Such a travesty to let Manny coach another season.

Can you cite some examples of a coach being fired after an 8-2 season? I'll hang up and listen, thanks.

Advertisement
Back