Worse than Golden and I can’t believe it.

This is, by far, worse than Golden. Worse in the sense that we had hopes and aspirations for a season, only to have them annihilated less than 365 days later.

The fall was much larger this time around.

Advertisement
I said this last week and the response was I was over reacting. AG at least made changes he just would give yo his bff. CMR gives no ***** about making changes. Hes watching us fail and is content because it's his way

Advertisement
This is really a painful day as a Cane fan and I'm sure it will only get worse, no changes will be made on O and wait till the D looks lost next season also. There's dark times ahead U family

Advertisement
We DEAD LAST IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY in special teams during that 4 game losing streak. DEAD LAST. Like 132nd or something. All I needed to know about this coaching staff

I was going to start a thread, if Golden had just fired No D we might have come out ok. Now, here we are in the same exact BS spot. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
Golden was the problem, not No D. No D was running Golden’s defense. Golden would have had No D’s replacement run the same defense.

I feel your pain, Cane dude. I gave Richt the benefit of the doubt when he was hired, and after last season's amazing run, I absolutely believed this season would be a TOP TEN type of season. But I was wrong, again.

What was amazing about it? Which game outside of Notre Dame made you feel like we did anything special?

I honestly could never have imagined being 10-0 would be that frustrating. We barely beat teams all year. Never played a complete game. Outside of getting the W, the offense never played well. It never felt like the team was getting better or the team was dominating its opponents. It was the same level of play we've been getting for 13 years now save for a defense that was really good.

When I watch highlights from last year, I can only watch the ND game because the rest was utter trash. I just don't get how ppl can paint the picture that it was a "great season"....at Miami. Not Wake Forest... Miami

Advertisement
I knew that Richt might not be the coach to get us to the promise land but I assumed that we would average around 9-10 wins a year and a top 15 class.

He accomplished getting the indoor facility and that was supposed to be a spring board instead the entire program has unraveled around him.

He’s had more resources than any of his predecessors. I never would have imagined that things could be worst than Golden and “the cloud”.

I’ve never been less excited for the Canes in all my life. In short, I’m hurt dog, don’t ask me if I’m all right.

Where he ****ed up was in the selection of coaches and namely himself as OC, aside from Diaz and Kul his staff was reminiscent of Gordolen's staff.

What was amazing about it? Which game outside of Notre Dame made you feel like we did anything special?

I honestly could never have imagined being 10-0 would be that frustrating. We barely beat teams all year. Never played a complete game. Outside of getting the W, the offense never played well. It never felt like the team was getting better or the team was dominating its opponents. It was the same level of play we've been getting for 13 years now save for a defense that was really good.

When I watch highlights from last year, I can only watch the ND game because the rest was utter trash. I just don't get how ppl can paint the picture that it was a "great season"....at Miami. Not Wake Forest... Miami

I absolutely agree with your perspective of the Orange and Green perspective, but I thought the offense would make a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT entering this season. After all, Richt's offense had spring ball, summer and the fall to for " fine tuning " and what not.

Advertisement
Golden was the problem, not No D. No D was running Golden’s defense. Golden would have had No D’s replacement run the same defense.
Dno ran that same D at Houston, so it was his too. If Al had fired Dno, I think he’d let the new DC do what he wanted, cause why fire the old one otherwise.

But Al never fired Dno. Cause al was about a bad a HC as I’ve ever seen. Till now.

I was going to start a thread, if Golden had just fired No D we might have come out ok. Now, here we are in the same exact BS spot. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.
We are far worse off. Golden, we could buy out, and did. We are stuck with Richt unless someone writes a massive check, and that's not happening. Golden did one thing terribly wrong in keeping No D, which was certainly a fireable offense. Richt is doing EVERYTHING wrong now. Every **** thing he does is damaging. I've never seen anything like this in all my years of watching football.

I absolutely agree with your perspective of the Orange and Green perspective, but I thought the offense would make a MAJOR IMPROVEMENT entering this season. After all, Richt's offense had spring ball, summer and the fall to for " fine tuning " and what not.

I don't think that's unreasonable. Everyone had that expectation.

I guess my point though is people gave MR a pass on TWO years of pedestrian offense because one of those years he managed to fall as backwards into 10 wins no thanks to him. This year should've been the breaking point. Offense doesn't improve, you get the ultimatum... but all that gets pushed back because everyone thought last year was some huge success.

This team has been underachieving with the talent it has for a long time and NONE of the years that Richt has been here have been different

It is worse. And like Golden, Richt's stubbornness about one side of the ball kills us.

Maybe I should bring back some Old Friend's who helped get Al Fired.
However, I don't want to **** the Mod's off so I'll just let it simmer and joke all day about it.
Anyone care for some pizza?

Advertisement
Back