Worse than Golden and I can’t believe it.

It is apparent that Mark Richt is complete trash, and the only success he has to his name is as a result of being backed by a program that has a strong athletic department and booster network, one that has taken the next step since he left. He can't coach, he can't recruit, he can't hire. He is without question the worst coach that has walked the halls of UM in decades.

Advertisement
the next coach all u got to see is the first class and second how he closes to know if hes legit. All elit coaches that arrived at schools like Jimbo FSU, Saban Bama, Kirby UGA................the recruiting changes instantly when they arrive. Thats a sign u got a good one. If u getting beat on NSD with the next HC u will know hes not cutt out for it n this same cycke continues.

I said before this was worse than Golden. Posters keep saying some of you have short memories, how bad Golden was. Glad some of you finally see it.

Golden was the problem, not No D. No D was running Golden’s defense. Golden would have had No D’s replacement run the same defense.

I thought it was the other way around. That he gave his friend full, autonomous control of the defense and had more oversight of the offense.

Honestly, I think Golden would've brought more talent in had it not been for "The Cloud." I mean he may not have coached them up properly, but would probably would've had 4 more commits that we otherwise missed on. I mean outside of D'No, Golden made some good hires on paper to begin with, they just didn't pan out collectively as a unit. Brought in a mix of guys with NFL experience, local guys, and winning cultures

- Fisch came highly recommended from Seattle, NFL exp
- Franklin had a couple stud linemen, NFL exp and USC (when they were at an elite level)
- Richardson, proven record for RBs from a smaller school at UCONN
- McDonald, who NFL exp
- Replaced Brennan with Larry Scott
- Replaced Fisch with Coley, who was one of the top OC's and recruiters right before he came to Miami
- Randy Melvin (NFL guy)
- Brennan Carroll as our National recruiting coordinator landed (Kaaya, Coley, Griffin, Dobard, Sandland, Njoku)
- Local guys on staff (Coley, Hurley, Barrow, Ice, Beard, Kehoe)

Golden wasn't a brilliant mind by any means, but he didn't need to be. He just need to fill his DC/OC positions with X's and O's guys and everything would've been OK. He had a purely executive mindset, who probably would make a great AD for a school down the road. His major downfall was not firing D'No. You bring in Dave Aranda (a 3-4 guy like D'No) at the time and his Miami teams would've been different. Consider this, according to cfbstats.com, only once was Miami outside of the top 35 in offensive yards/play against FBS teams and that was his last year (2015 - ranked 40). We were 10th, 15th, and 15th in 2014, 2013, and 2012 respectively. Trust me, I hated Golden at the time. But he seemed to actually have given more of a **** that Richt does right now.

My memory is short. So someone can help jog it if any of the coaches I mentioned were actually really horrible at the time of their hiring.

Advertisement
Dno ran that same D at Houston, so it was his too. If Al had fired Dno, I think he’d let the new DC do what he wanted, cause why fire the old one otherwise.

But Al never fired Dno. Cause al was about a bad a HC as I’ve ever seen. Till now.

Like Al ran the same defense that he learned from Al Groh. Neither one are good at learning and adapting to new things. The best coaches adapt to their personnel and neither Golden or No D could do that. We would get penalized repeatedly when we played hurry up teams, because neither of these two could make an adjustment to their scheme. Urban Meyer adapted his offense to a drop back qb when he had Leak and one a championship and then went back to the offense he wanted to run when Tebow took over.

Like Al ran the same defense that he learned from Al Groh. Neither one are good at learning and adapting to new things. The best coaches adapt to their personnel and neither Golden or No D could do that. We would get penalized repeatedly when we played hurry up teams, because neither of these two could make an adjustment to their scheme. Urban Meyer adapted his offense to a drop back qb when he had Leak and one a championship and then went back to the offense he wanted to run when Tebow took over.
Even look at Diaz... some people aren’t crazy about him, but u can’t deny his ability to adjust and improvise.

The sad thing is how easy these problems are to fix, but our HCs just can’t be flexible.

I thought it was the other way around. That he gave his friend full, autonomous control of the defense and had more oversight of the offense.
Al learned was a defensive coordinator under Al Groh at Virginia. They ran a 3-4 scheme while he was there. It worked there, but that scheme just didn't work well. No D was the linebackers coach during the same time at Virginia. It's how they both learned. You would think that No D would have made changes when he went to Houston but he ran the same swiss cheese defense. I'm sure No D will be fine. The Boys and Girl's Club is always hiring.

Advertisement
Back